64:TK+Carlos⚠️

•Title: "That was too close"

•Requester: clemfoxy321

•Warnings: gunshot, delusion

•Inspiration: You're right. I should feed into our collective delusions.

•Type: idfk

A/N: Okay, so it's been a while since I've updated and a lot has changed recently. I have an amazing boyfriend and have gotten on anxiety meds and have ben doing much better mentally.

_____ _____ _____

Carlos is a cop. He hears gunshots a lot when he goes to the range. Hell, he heard the gun shot that put TK in a miniature coma. He doesn't even jump when a car backfires. So, when he hears the loud and sudden sound over the line when he's on the phone with his mother.

"Gabriel!" Andrea's panicked voice screams.

Carlos can hear a thud as the phone falls to the floor and he sits up straight, alerting TK on the couch next to him.

"Carlos? What is it?"

"Mom? Mom! Mama, talk to me!" Carlos exclaims desperately, hearing the distant sound of his mom's sobs.

"Carlitos, he's bleeding! He's been shot!" Andrea shouts as she places her hands on the wound.

"TK," Carlos stands up, "call an ambulance and send it to my parents' house. Now. Tell them it's a GSW. A ranger."

"Oh God," TK says as he quickly pulls his phone out.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Grace, thank God," TK says as he runs a hand through his hair.

"TK? Sweetheart, are you okay?"

"Grace, I need an ambulance sent to Ranger Reyes' home. GSW."

"Okay, TK. They're five minutes out. Do you know if Ranger Reyes is responsive?"

"No, we're at the loft. Carlos heard the gunshot over the phone."

The second he is able to, TK hangs up the phone and begins rushing around the loft. He grabs his and Carlos' jackets, wallets, and keys. He grabs Carlos' hand and drags him from the loft. TK drives as fast as he can without endangering their lives. Eventually, he hears Carlos let out a sigh.

"Mama, hey, I'm still here," he says softly.

TK glances over to see Carlos nodding with tear filled eyes. TK pulls into the hospital parking lot, having known the closest trauma center to his future in-law's home.

As they walk in, Carlos is holding onto TK's hand tightly. They hear Andrea's sobs before the stretcher is even wheeled into the hospital. The two of them both start running in the direction. Carlos pulls Andrea out of the trauma room as the doctors work quickly on Gabriel. TK stares at the mother and son in silence, his eyes fixated on Andrea's blood covered hands and clothes.

"We should go sit down," TK suggests softly.

Carlos nods and guides his mother over to the seats, helping her sit down. He turns to TK, "could you call your dad while I call my sisters?"

"Yeah, of course," TK says before stepping away and typing on his phone.

"TK! What can I do for you?" Owen exclaims as the call connects.

"Dad, Gabriel was shot. We're at the hospital right now with Andrea," TK says softly.

"Oh, God," Owen says, "what can I do?"