30: Buck+Eddie (Buck centric)

•Title: "Coming out"

•Requester:

•Warnings: homophobia is discussed, but in the past and as a fear.

•Inspiration: I just wanted a cute little family one shot.

•Type: angst

A/N: Okay, so this will be centered around Buck and the Grant-Nash family. I hope you enjoy! Also, I once again want to propose a boycott of 9-1-1 if we don't get Buddie by the end of the season. If we get enough people to stop watching, we can show the writers that their queer baiting is NOT okay. They're practically teasing us at this point and when it comes to queer representation, it's not okay. We have Hen and Karen, but we rarely see them just being happy and in love. There's always something happening.

_____ _____ _____

It's no secret to anyone that Buck didn't expect his life to turn out this full. When he joined the 118, he never would have imagined those people becoming his family. He definitely didn't expect his captain to become his father figure. When he began dating Abby, he planned to marry her. Being with her felt like it was who he's supposed to be. When she left, he was 100% convinced that she'd return and they'd live happily ever after.

Months later, when Eddie came into the 118, he was immediately attracted to the veteran. This thought scared Buck, though. He grew up hearing homophobic statements from both of his parents. He always felt like he had to hide who he was when he was young. As he traveled, doing various jobs, he became more accepting of himself.

Now, he and Eddie have been together for around six months. Christopher is on cloud 9 now that Buck is around a lot more. Half of the time, Buck sleeps at Eddie's house. The three of them spend many nights playing video games-and scrabble, of course. There's just one issue that they face every shift. The team doesn't know they'e together. Eddie keeps trying to encourage Buck to come out, though. He sees Buck struggling every single shift. He closes himself off from everyone, especially Eddie and Bobby. Buck wants to scream from the rooftops that he has found love, but he is terrified. He is scared that Bobby won't approve, or that he'll make either Buck or Eddie leave the 118. Bobby has noticed his distance, though. After being told about the recent shifts, Athena plans a family dinner. She invites both May and Buck to their home for lasagna-Buck's favorite dish that Bobby makes. Buck knows he can't say no to Athena, and so does she-hence the invitation.

Buck's hands are shaking as he pulls his car to a stop outside of the house. He steps out of the vehicle and shuts the door. He's wearing one of Eddie's hoodies over his red tee shirt and a simple pair of jeans. Eddie had insisted he wear the hoodie, knowing it will bring him comfort. He knocks on the door before shaking his hands as if shaking off his fears-not that it works. The door opens to reveal Athena's kind smile as she pulls him into a hug. She shuts the door as she leads Buck into the home with her hand on his back. May is already in the kitchen as she helps Bobby set the food on the table.

"Hey, Buck," May says as she places garlic bread down on the table with a smile.

"May, hi," Buck genuinely smiles as he hugs her tightly, "how's school?"

"Oh, here we go," Athena says with a smile towards her husband as she places salad down.

"Well," May sends a playful glare to her mom, "I was assigned a paper in which I choose a diagnosis and how it impacts behavior."

"What class?"

"Criminal Behavior," May responds.

"Have you chosen a diagnosis?" Buck asks as he and May sit down, along with Athena, and Bobby brings the lasagna over.