9: Buck + Eddie ⚠️

•Title: "Parents"

•Requester: N/A

•Warnings: Trauma, depression, sad news, talk of neglect

•Inspiration: Season 4 episode 4

•Type: angsty

A/N: Okay so we're never told where Buck went after the dinner.

_______________________

"Yeah, people make mistakes. Doesn't mean you give up on them. But you did," Buck says softly, "she married Doug, and you cut her off."

"At the time, we thought it was for the best," their father says.

"We didn't know what was going on. I swear, Maddie. We didn't know he was hurting you," their mother says.

"Well, you should have," Buck says as he stands, "You should have known! You should have known! You were right there, in the same town. How could you not know?"

Buck looks at his lap for a second before he looks up, "Actually, you know what? Maybe it does track, 'cause you barely knew what was going on with your own kids when we were under the same roof. Maybe you never gave up hope, but you gave up on her. You gave up on both of us."

Buck goes to leave but turns around, "You wanna know why I'm really in therapy? It's because I have spent my entire life feeling like a constant dissapoinment? And you wanna talk about jobs? You think my job is dangerous? I have walked through fire every day of my life because of you. Nothing I ever did was good enough!"

"We tried," their father says.

"You never made it easy on us," their mother continues.

"We were supposed to? We were kids," Maddie says.

"Evan, I don't know what you expected us to do!" Buck and Maddie's mom exclaims.

"Love me anyway," Buck says before he walks out of Chimney's place.

+ + + + +

"Hey, Chim, what's up?" Eddie says softly into his phone.

"Hey, I know I'm not supposed to know you are together, but I need you to get to Buck," Chimney says.

"Why, what's up?" Eddie fully sits up, his heart rate increasing.

"He just went off on his parents before running off. He was crying, Eddie," Chimney says just as there's a knock on the door.

"Hang on, someone's at the door," Eddie opens it to reveal a crying Buck, "I gotta go."

Eddie hangs up the call and pulls Buck into his arms, "they never wanted me," Buck says as he sobs into Eddie's shoulder.

"Oh, baby, I'm sure that's not true," Eddie says softly.

"It is, though. They pretty much confirmed it," Buck exclaims.

"Come on, baby. Let's go lay down. Christopher is at a sleepover, you can spend the night," Eddie helps Buck to his bed and into a pair of shorts and tee shirt before covering him up and climbing in next to him. Buck lays his head on Eddie's chest, wiping his tears repeatedly.

"I love you," Buck says softly.

"I love you too, Buck."

________________________________

A/N: I hope you enjoyed! I love thinking about Buck and Eddie in cute comforting moments.