45:TK+Carlos⚠️⚠️

•Title: "Find me"

•Requester: Bonye15

•Warnings: Implications of SA, roofies, talk of addiction, abuse, etc.

•Inspiration: Loosely inspired by 9-1-1: Lone Star 4x15

•Type: angst

A/N: Okay, so before I get into the A/N for the one shot, I want to update y'all on my 9-1-1 boycott. Since we are switching networks, I am giving until the season finale of season seven. If by then we have no sign of them actually making Buddie canon, I'm out.

Anyways, we should all know that I strongly believe Alex was abusive, so here ya go. I love writing bad Alex because I want to see him come back and Carlos find out and, well, shit.

_____ _____ _____

When TK wakes up from his nap at the station to see texts on his phone, he isn't the least bit surprised. He is, however, surprised to see a terrifyingly familiar name.

From Alex (stay away):

Hey, Tyler, it's Alex-your ex. Anyways, I've gotten sober and I'm working the steps. I have spent weeks making amends, leading up to the ones I need to make to you. I asked around and learned you and your dad moved to Texas. No doubt to get away from me-which I understand. Anyways, I've come to town and would like to meet up with you. I don't know if you know the cafe on Congress Avenue? Bennu Coffee? I thought we could meet there. It's public, so I hope you'll feel safe enough to meet me. Just let me know when you're available to meet.

TK stares at the words in the grey bubble on his screen. He is almost hyperaware of his heartbeat increasing. He can feel his hands tremble, causing the phone to shake just slightly. He looks around the bunk room, realizing that if anyone sees him they'd be concerned. He sighs in relief when he sees he's alone. Though, a part of him hates that fact. He returns his attention to his screen before he begins to type out a message.

From TK:

I get off work at 8 this evening. I can meet you at 8:30

+ + + + +

"TK, are you alright?" Owen asks as TK rushes from the locker room, heading to leave the station.

TK stops in his tracks and turns to his dad, "yeah, I just want to get home to get some sleep. I'm exhausted."

With this, TK walks out of the fire house and to his car. He is quick to start the ignition and pull out of the parking lot after buckling up. Due to traffic, a car ride that should only take fifteen minutes takes thirty. He gets to the cafe at the exact time he told Alex. He parks his car, turns the engine off, and takes his seatbelt off. He slips his phone into his pocket before walking into the nearly empty cafe. It's not hard to spot the person TK hasn't seen in years. He slowly, with shaking hands, walks over and sits across from Alex.

"Thank you for coming," Alex says gently.

"Yeah, you're welcome. So, say what you have to say," TK says, taking a sip of the drink Alex had gotten him.

"Yeah," Alex responds, "I just wanted to tell you that I am so, incredibly, sorry for how poorly I treated you when we were together."

"I hope you don't expect forgiveness," TK says.

"I don't. I just wanted to give you the apology you desperately deserve," Alex replies.

+ + + + +

"Okay," TK says after twenty minutes of Alex listing less than half the horrible things he's done to him, "I think I should head home. My husband is probably wondering where I am."