59: TK + Carlos (kinda)⚠️

•Title: "Julia"

•Requester:

•Warnings: talk of murder, hint at abuse

•Inspiration: urpovwizard on tiktok made a video.

•Type: angsty

A/N: Well, here you go. There will be hints of Tarlos. Also, the OC is TK's sister, Julia. She is seven years younger than TK. She's about 20 years old.

_____ _____ _____

Carlos walks into the 126 firehouse in full uniform. He walks right into the kitchen, knowing the 126 will be cooking.

"Carlos!" Owen happily exclaims.

"hey, babe," TK says, his smile falling when seeing his husband's serious expression, "what's wrong?"

"Have either of you heard from Julia?"

"No, why?"

"Officers responded to a wellness check request last night. They found Damian Spencer stabbed to death in his apartment-Julia's apartment. Neighbors reported to hearing numerous loud arguments from the two, even some sounds of physical fighting. Detectives haven't been able to locate Julia."

"Why do they want to locate her? Do they think she was abducted?" Owen grows worried-petrified.

"No," Carlos clears his throat, "she's the primary suspect."

"What!?" TK, Owen, Tommy, Nancy, Judd, Marjan, Mateo, and paul all exclaim in shock.

"Carlos, you can't seriously think she killed someone! She literally won't even hurt a fly. She always captures them and releases them outside! There is no way in hell she killed him!" TK shouts.

"I never said I thought she did it. I don't think that. In fact, I was kicked off the case because she's my sister. I tried explaining that she's my sister in law, but we all know she's as much my sister as the ones I grew up with."

"So, what? She's on the run?" Owen asks, "that doesn't sound like her."

"They found her shoeprints and fingerprints in his blood and a lot of her clothes are missing. So yeah, she ran."

"She's got severe anxiety. Her fight or flight response is always set to flight," TK says as he clasps his hands behind his head, catching his breath.

"If you hear from her, tell her to turn herself in, explain why she ran," Carlos says softly, "I'll do whatever I can to make sure they know she didn't do this."

+ + + + +

"Carlos, what's up?" TK says as his husband walks into their new house with a sigh.

"It's Damian's case. I've been following it off the record," Carlos says.

"And?"

"Two men came in to give statements about Julia voicing wanting to buy a gun. I guess they were friends of Damian's."

"What were their names?"

"They were brothers. Ian and James," Carlos answers.

TK's eyes light up, as if a light bulb went off above his head, "That's it!"

"What am I missing?"

"Julia was always complaining about how Damian was always in fights with two guys named Ian and James. I completely forgot about that until now. She said that they were bad guys," TK says softly.

"Have you heard from her? It's been a week."

"Am I talking to husband Carlos or Officer Reyes?"

"Husband. Officer Reyes was thrown off the case, remember?"