Chapter 3: My Demon's

To win 100 victories, in 100 battles, is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the Acme of skill

-Sun Tzu-

Location: Japan, Kuoh Academy

Akeno Himejima

The First thing I noticed were his eyes.

His Blood Red Eye's.

They were stone cold and still, showing no sign's of emotion. But those who could look further would see a strength to them, and an unfaltering Will. 

Then I noticed the Scar that he bore on his face, I had never seen anything like it.

He seemed to carry himself with dissinterest. But the way he was standing betrayed it, his arm's had a faint, but strong definition to them, and his face had the look of one with a saddness not related to people, but to a missing piece.

As the new kid walked in, Hunter, His name was according to Sona, the room fell quiet.

 Sensei looked rather surprised, "Well, this is nice. Class I would like to introduce a new student, Please be nice to him, He's from Australia". As Sensei said this I mentally rejoyced that the spell I had preformed earlier, that allowed me to understand english, hadn't been a waste of time. Hunter just looked at everyone without saying everything, "Please Introduce yourself, Mr Westerdyk" Sensei said, Hunter seemed to aknowledge Sensei's words and Sighed, before speaking English, "For those of you who understand what I am saying, My name is Hunter Westerdyk, I moved here from Australia." I couldn't help but smile as the spell proved to work. Hunter seeing my smile, frowned at me in confusion, then that confusion deepened even further now paired by surprise and shock. 

"Ok, uhh, does anyone here understand English?" Sensei asked, Seeing as the spell wasn't permanent, I decided to keep quiet, this made Hunter frown even further. Then Whispers began to circulate.

"What an idiot, coming to Japan, and not knowing how to speak Japanese" One Girl said

"I mean, what? Does he expect us to just drop everything and learn English?" Another Said

Hunter looked at the last Girl, and smiled, saying, "No, I don't expect you to just drop everything and learn English, but I dropped everything to learn Japanese, so show me some respect". The room instantly went silent as they realized that Hunter, not only understood japanese, but spoke it. Sensei smiled, "Well, Sorry for not asking you sooner, Hunter-San" She said,  "Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself?", Hunter was silent for a moment, before saying in Japanese "My name is Hunter Westerdyk, Which means the Builder, I moved here from Tamworth, Australia, With my Mother, Father and Older Brother, I understand a large amount of both the spoken and written, Japanese Language, But I am still learning to adopt some things, such as saying Chan or San after names, Things like that. So don't mind me if I don't say those things."

Sensei clapped, "Very good! Now would anyone like to ask Hunter-San some questions?" 

As Hunter answered the questions I started to get a greater grasp on who he was. Until it was my question. 

"Do you wear contact lenses?" I asked, Hunter turned his head towards me, surprised, "Pardon? Miss?" he said in a tone that made it clear he wanted me to drop it. It didn't work. "Akeno" I said standing up with a smile, Hunter nodded, "Akeno, What did you say?" he asked, With a smile I pointed to my eye's then his own, "You said you don't wear makeup, but your eye's are red, so you wear contact lenses, right?" He sighed and shook his head, "No, I don't wear contact's. This is my natural Eye color" I was surprised at his words, Red eye's? I remembered hearing about them once, but I couldn't remember where. The other Girls however, showed concern, ""Are you sick? do you know why your eye's are red?" Asked one girl, to which another said, "It's probably Genetic", He shook his head again, "No, I'm not sick, and It's not genetic, I've been to multiple doctor's to try to find out why my eye's are red, but none have been able to explain, I've never met anyone with Eye's like mine, it's been like this since Birth" I sat down, thinking about his words, Blood Red eye's, since birth? Something wasn't right, but what?

As Hunter sat down next to the Window, I remembered who had sat there.

And the terrible fate that had Fallen upon him.

Hunter mostly kept to himself for the rest of the day, only saying things to make people stop annoying him, or stop being perverts. 

"What are you reading huh?", I snapped back to reality and looked over to see some of the other students picking on Hunter. Who was currently reading a book. One of them tried to take the book from Hunter's hands, But as he tugged on them they didn't budge. My eye's widened when I saw Hunter's face, Usually being plain, and non emotional, it was now stone cold, His blood red eye's giving a Cold, Unwavering Death stare that could make even the strongest Devil's hesitate. He didn't blink, even after 2 Minutes had passed, his eye's made no change, his Eyelids never flinched. It was then that the other student let go of the book and backed away, hand's in the air. Once he was satisfied that there would be no further intrusion, Hunter sat down, Blinking again as if nothing happened. 

Out of all the students, I was the most shocked, not because of the way Hunter's face had changed. But because of what I had sensed within him.

A Sacred Gear

Rias needed to know about this.