Chapter 43: Master of Conversation

Motherfucker!

-Samuel L Jackson-

Location: Japan, Kuoh Academy

Hunter Westerdyk

"Gasper, Please come out" Rias said. I sighed, We had tried Azazel's advice to train Gasper, But that hadn't worked very well. And either luckily or unluckily, Gasper hated blood, apparently the smell of it made him want to puke. Now here we were, Rias and I standing outside of Gasper's room, while he hid inside and bawled his eye's out like a baby. "I want you to know, I never wanted you in here" I sighed again and looked at Rias, "Sorry about this, I didn't want to bug you in your big meeting" I said, "No don't worry, It means a lot to me that you're all working so hard to train him" Rias said. "I can't leave! It's to scary out there!" Gasper shouted, I groaned saying, "Honestly, I feel like I'm making things worse", "Well to be honest, knowing Gaspers background theirs only so much we can do" I frowned and looked at Rias, "How come?" "Gasper's father is a vampire from a well known and distinguished family, However his mother is a mere human. Vampires are even more concerned with pedigree then Devils. As a result, Gasper was discriminated against by everyone. Including his own family. And sadly, when it came to the human world, he was treated like a monster, of course that's all ontop of his power to stop time, a power he didn't have the ability to control, he wasn't just feared, he was loathed. A person can't know what happens to them when they've been frozen, naturally no one wants to be near someone with that power" I clenched my jaw, "So he was denied compassion at every turn, all because of his power." Rias nodded, inside of the room I heard Gasper's sobbing, "I wish I couldn't do it, I wish they wouldn't stop, then they wouldn't be so scared of me. I hate it as much as everyone else, All my friends freeze right infront of my face and theirs nothing I can do about it." "What kind of King am I to him?" I looked at Rias, "Don't say that" Rias looked at me, "The moment you start to doubt yourself, is the moment you begin to fail. Believing isn't enough, you need to know, with all your heart, that you will be better." "Thank you Hunter" Rias said, "Let me take care of him, Apparently Zekrom has experience with Time Freezer's." Rias smiled, "Okay" And vanished. I looked at the door and sat down, "all right Gasper listen up!" "AHH!" "I'm not moving from this spot until you walk out and sit beside me, got it!"

Timeskip:

It had been hours since Rias had left, and I was now leaning on the doors to Gasper's room. "You're scared, both of your own power, and us or rather me." I sighed, " I'm going to tell you something, that I've never told anyone else, Something that even I didn't realize until I was over it." Gasper's sobbing faded, "Look, Gasper, Within me is a Dragon, His name is Zekrom, apparently he's the strongest Lightning user to exist." I heard Gasper move on the other side of the door, as he listened. "When I first unlocked my Sacred Gear, I was afraid of it's power, one of the first things I did with it was take a life. Slowly though I adjusted, But then I unlocked my Deep Black" I scoffed, "Comparing my Original Sacred Gear to Deep Black, is like comparing an ant to a Dragon. His power is immense, and we're alot like each other. But sometimes, I fear that I can't control it, even though I know I can. Sometimes I fear failure, But I don't let that stop me." "But, don't you worry about  the things you care about most?" Gasper asked, "you might lose them all because of your power. I don't understand how you can keep going without and doubt's like that." I smirked, "Well, I never said I didn't have doubt. Gasper, I'm not pretending to be the Bravest man alive, But I know that I'm no pushover. I will battle anyone for my friends, and I will finish that Battle no matter the cost. I guess the best example was Riser Pheonix, He defeated all of us, one by one, he nearly killed me, and as much as It pains me to say it, he would've, but Rias surrendered, in order to save my life. I was battered and bruised, I would've given a nurse a heart attack. But still I refused to accept defeat, In that Moment, Zekrom came to me and together we were able to defeat Riser." I heard the door open slightly, "I heard about that fight, I'm sorry I wasn't their to help." I smiled again, "I don't blame you, But now things are different, aren't they?" I asked, "Maybe, If I'm their though, I'll only bother everyone anyway" Gasper said, an eye poking out the crack in the door, "You don't bother me" I said, Gasper well, gasped, "In this family, your like my little brother, even if you've been a devil for longer. And your my friend, which is pretty hard to achieve, especially if I haven't known you for months." Gasper pushed the door open, "You mean it?" I nodded "I do, Make me a promise, lend this Family of ours your power, and If anything Scares you, I'll vaporize that sucker." Gasper looked doubtful, "I don't know" I sighed, "What about drinking Dragon Emperor Blood?" Gasper looked at me, "Azazel, What if he's right, and the Dragon Blood helps you?" Gasper shook his head, "No it's to scary, I don't like drinking Blood from living things, It takes everything I've got just to drink blood from transfusions everyonce in a while. Besides I'm already terrified of this stupid power, If it somehow Got worse I don't think I could handle it, It's to much." I shook my head, "Stopping Time, I've gotta admit, I Kinda envy you." Gasper frowned, "Envy him how? Don't tell me you would trade me away" Zekrom said angrily Gasper gasped, "Who's that?" He said in panic, I chuckled, "That's Zekrom, and no Zekrom I would never trade you away." I looked at Gasper, "I wouldn't trade away Zekrom for all the power in the world, He's mine and He's my friend. But to have the Power to stop time, ontop of my own power, That would help me in more ways then you can imagine, I could do my homework in a snap, I could cheat in every and any test. I would never lose Scissors Paper Rock to my Brother again!" Gasper chuckled at my reasons, "Sorry, But I always lose to my Bro." Gasper shook his head, "No, don't be sorry, It's funny really, You're jealous of something I've believed for my entire life that I needed to hate" I frowned, "Idiot" Gasper looked at me in surprise, "You and I, We wield Sacred Gear's, The power of Great Beings flow's within us, This is a Fate that we cannot escape. And if you don't accept that, then you will be afraid for the rest of your life! Believe it or Not, I have a Goal, And that is to become the Strongest being Alive!" Gasper smiled and stood up, "That's amazing!" I nodded with a smile, "Tell ya what, Si-" "Oh, But Hunter, I've got a question" I blinked as Gasper interrupted me, "Oh, sure, what is it?" "Why doesn't my Sacred Gear affect you?" I sighed, "If you promise to try and be brave, I'll tell you." Gasper nodded, and I said, "Honestly, I don't completely know myself, but I do know that It's Zekrom who's Immune. The first time that you Frooze me, Zekrom Told me that compared to somone else he had met, Your power was, well, Weak." Gasper blinked and I held up my hands, "But don't worry, I'm sure that you'll get stronger" But Gasper shook his head with a smile, "No, I'm glad that it's weak compared to someone else, Maybe they could help me control it." I thought for a moment before nodding, "That may work." "Glad to see you're making Progress Gasper" Gasper and I looked up as Kiba walked in, "Hey Kiba" I said. 

Timeskip:

"Would've been cool if Gasper could've come to class, But I guess he can't wearing a Paper Bag" I said. Rin and I were walking through the Halls of Kuoh, Rin had the idea to put a Paper bag on Gasper, and now Gasper's a lot more confident, and creepy, I swear his eye's glowed red. "I think It's just going to take him a little time" Rin said. "Hey guy's" I looked over to Rias and Akeno, together Rin and I walked over to them. "Hey Ladies" I said, "Wassup?" "Perfect timing as usual" Rias said. "So Hunter, I've been looking for you to see if you could possibly come with me somewhere after school today." I blinked, "You want me?"

Timeskip:

I walked up the trail to the Shrine, Seeing it I sighed, "Shrines, Always Shrines". "Hello Hunter, Thanks for coming" I looked up and saw Akeno in her Miko outfit. "Hey Akeno" I said, "Please forgive me, I apologize for the sudden invertation" Akeno said. I followed her up to the shrine, "Don't worry about it, Oh, Where's Rias?" I asked, "Right now she's finishing up her last meeting with Sirzechs, She'll be right here after that's over." Akeno explained, "So does that mean you didn't have to be their?" I asked, "No I did not, I had another Job, with a certain someone." Akeno said, "who?" I asked. Akeno stopped at the top of the stairs, but I kept walking, "Oh, brave aren't you" Akeno said, I shrugged, "If we've got a job here, It makes sense for us to be allowed in here" I said, "Nice place". "After the previous God Left, It was abandoned, Luckily Rias managed to get ahold of it." Akeno said. I tilted my head, before hearing a voice. "So this is the Black Dragon Emperor" I looked up at the source of the voice, "Who's there?!" I shouted, but I was sweating, This Aura was completely new. Not only was it powerful like Sirzechs, no, Stronger. But it wasn't like the Fading Embers of Fallen, Nor the Cool Breeze of Devils. This Aura was like a Warm, Bright Light on a Summer's day. Something you Welcome and enjoy. A bright Golden light descended from the clouds, "Hunter Westerdyk, It's nice to meet you" The voice said, I flinched, It was in English. "Twelve Golden Wings" I said in English as I looked at the Figure, "I am Michael, Otherwise known as the cheif of the Angels."

"