Chapter 32: Holy Sword Alliance

One is never truly Ready for an adventure. All you can really do is improvise with what you've got.

-Inspired by Magnus Chase and Percy Jackson-

Location: Japan, Kuoh Academy

The Next Day

Hunter Westerdyk

I looked up at the sky, my mind deep in thought. "You need to back up Mofo!" I was drawn back to reality when I heard one of the Perverted Duo shouting. Turning my head I realized a small crowd had formed around Rin. Saji was also present. "Such aggression, You know what I'm talking about Rin" He said as he walked off. I looked at Saji, "huh, I forgot about him"

Timeskip:

I was at a cafe sitting down and listening to my thoughts. "Westerdyk" I looked up at Saji, "Oh, hey, glad you came" I said. "No worries man, so?" Saji said. 

Timeskip, after explaination:

"Hell no! Are you even serious!" Saji said in shock. I nodded, "As Serious as you are Blonde" He stood up, "You're insane!". Realizing people were looking at him, Saji sat back down. "You realize, both of our presidents will punish us just for being involved with those holy swords right? And yet you still want to go out and destroy them? We're gonna get murdered for sure! You're got Rias, she's strict but reasonible sure. But Sona's Draconian and loves punishing us!" Standing up Saji said, "No way man, Sorry!" He said walking away, when he stopped moving. even though he was still walking. He and I both gave a "Huh?" in confusion. Then a Gasp of surprise when we realized that Koneko had been listening. "Kinda had a feeling you would try to run away"

Koneko now sat next to me and stopped Saji everytime he tried to run. "I want to go home" He said tearing up, but as he tried to leave Koneko pulled him back down. "So you want to cooperate with the church?" Koneko asked. I nodded and folded my arms. "Makes sense, I mean those chicks said they'd rather destroy the swords then fallen angels use them didn't they?" "Yes it seems like they'll stop at nothing to get them back in the churches hands." Koneko replied. "Kiba want's his revenge by defeating excalibur. And the church want's it's swords back no matter the cost. The Goals may be different but have the same result. That's why it works. We've just gotta get both to cooperate." I said looking at Koneko. "I'm not sure they'll be as eager to do this as you are though." I knew this was true, but clenching a fist I said. "We still need to try. Especially if it means Kiba can continue to be a Devil with the rest of us. We can't leave anything to chance." Standing up Koneko said "First we need to find those Girls, Somehow" I looked at her. "I don't like keeping this secret from Rias and Akeno, But we have to do something to help him." 

Saji groaned repeatedly as we walked down the streets. "Cool, so I don't have to be here anymore do I? You've got your rook on board so what do you need me for?" Saji asked. I looked at him, "We need you because the stronger we are the better. Probably won't be to easy to find them you know? Besides who's stopping you from leaving. Oh wait we are." I said, Making Koneko giggle. 'Mission acomplished' "It's not like we're going to run into a couple of weirdos in white capes on mainstreet" "Oh blessings on the wandering sheep before us." I stopped as I noticed said weirdos in white capes on mainstreet, I sighed "We're pitiful when compared to you, oh lord please have mercy upon us dear father" "Or maybe we will" I said, Koneko nodded, "Right"

I looked as Irina and Xenovia inhaled the food before them. "So delicous" Xenovia said, finishing a bowl and instantly reaching for another. "Don't you agree?" She said while slurping Spagetti. 'Jesus Christ, at least I'm not on a shortage of money right now' "This is heaven". Irina said something I couldn't understand while she ate. "Watching this is a little to intense for me" Saji said, "They were definetly Hungry" I said looking at them. I wasn't as surprised or in disbelif as the others, because I ate this much and more when I was hungry. A waiter arrived, "Here's your hamburger steak" She said. Once they were done Xenovia looked at the Food with an unreadable expression. "What just happened? Even if this will build our faith. Devils saving us must mean the end of days" I deadpanned, 'How about a thank you?'. "We practically sold ourselves to the devil. How will we ever be forgiven?" Irina said dramatically. 'Never Mind' I facepalmed, "Seriously? That's the thanks I get for buying you food? I have emotions two you know?" Koneko looked at me, "Get it together Bro" I looked at her in surprise, "Fine, But I'm smiling now, see?" I looked back at Irina and Xenovia. "Lord please, have mercy on these kind souls even if they are devils" Koneko and Saji both screamed as they got a headache, I got it two but I didn't scream, I just winced. "Please don't, we don't need his blessings, so please stop!" Irina looked at us in surprise, "Oh sorry, It's just kind of a habit" We all sighed as the headache stopped. 'I swear If that keeps happening I'm going to find God and give him a headache' Xenovia put her cup on the table, "Well? What's the deal. What did you want to talk to us about?" I looked at Xenovia in the eye, "We want to help you destroy excalibur" Xenovia looked at me, "What? I understand the situation, I don't mind letting you take care of one sword", I smiled as Irina looked at Xenovia "Wait a minute Xenovia!" "You mean it?" Saji growled, "Why couldn't she refuse just like I was hoping she would?" Xenovia looked at Irina, "You know who the other side has. Kokabiel is dangerous. Honestly, It'll be impossible for us to recover all three swords on our own." Irina looked at Xenovia annoyed, "Yeah I get that, but there like Devils" Xenovia looked away "We have a thirty percent chance of returning home" "We knew what kind of risk we were taking before we got here, this isn't anything new Xenovia" Irina protested. Xenovia looked back at Irina, "true, we were sent by the higher ups, fully prepared to sacrifice our lives for the sacred cause" "That's what I just said, were you even listening to me at all?"

Timeskip:

Kiba stood beside the fountain. "I get it, But I'm quite dissapointed that someone who could wield an excalibur would approve of their destruction" He said looking at us. "Speaking of dissapointing, Didn't recently abandon your place in the house of gremory?" Kiba narrowed his eye's, "Since your a stray now, We could execute you if you'd like" Xenovia threatened, readying her sword. "You're welcome to try if you like" He said a demonic circle appearing in his hand. I stepped inbetween them, "Enough. We're trying to cooperate so cut it out" I said. "You obviously resent what happened in the holy sword project. I completely understand" Xenovia said, making Kiba's demonic circle dissapear. "That incindent has viewed with great repundence by those of us currently with the church as well. We know, and that is why the person responsible we punished, execomunicated." Irina looked at Kiba, "His name is Galalie Valper. Also known as the arch bishop of annahilation." "I know Valper, It was all him, He was responsible" I clenched my fists, 'Valper Galalie, your time is coming to an end'. "I told you one of his tools was a stray priest didn't I?" I nodded, "Freed?" "It's not uncommon for there to be collusion among those who have been banned from the church. There's a high posssibility Valper is involved with what's going on now as well" Xenovia said. Kiba closed his eye's, "Well after hearing that, There's no reason for me not to cooperate with you." Irina smiled, "Yay, Then I guess It's been decided" Xenovia turned around, "We shall repay the favor for the food someday, Black Dragon Emperor Hunter Westerdyk"