Chapter 80: Return of the Lord of Deception

Someone places a hurdle in front of me, and I can't rest until I've jumped over it

-Mikoto Misaka-

Location: Japan, Kyoto

Hunter Westerdyk

As I flew through the streets of Kyoto, I looked around, searching for the source of power I had sensed last night. Growling I hovered in the sky, 'no luck' 'If the source has malicious intentions towards us they will show themselves in time' 'But what would happen by then? They have the element of surprise, and we have nothing. Even if you're right, telling everyone else will just ruin their holiday' 'Head back to the Hotel, search again tomorrow' I sighed and nodded, changing my direction as I flew back to the Hotel, doing a single lap around it. 

"Matsuda and Motohama getting beaten up for being Perverts? Check" I said as I flew past the suffering boys, as I flew to my own room, and opened the window to enter.

Sighing as I retracted my Dragon wings, and was about to get into my pyjamas when I sensed a pair of familiar auras approaching my room. My right eye twitched in annoyance, but nevertheless, with a groan, I walked over to the door and opened it to see Kunou and Issei standing there. Frowning I asked, "What is it?", I wasn't in the mood for disturbance and searching Kyoto for villains was tiring. Issei smiled awkwardly, "Well, Kunou and I were wondering..." as Issei trailed off I internally sighed, but before I could close the door on them Kunou spoke, "We were going to walk around Kyoto and were wondering if you wanted to join us" I flinched at Kunous words, 'The two of them, touring Kyoto? Alone?' 'I know, it's dangerous, we can't let them' 'oh, you were thinking about... never mind.' I nodded at the pair, "All right, I'll come with you" leaving my room I closed the door behind me, and while Kunou looked happy, Issei looked disappointed, realizing why I thought 'oh, ahh, ee, yowch, sorry mate

My eyes darted around quickly, observing the surroundings around us. 'Calm down Hunter, the chances that the presence attacks us here with Issei and the daughter of Yasaka is small at worst, and non-existent at best. Besides, if they wanted to harm Kunou they would be making an enemy of multiple satan class beings.' I knew that Zekrom was right, but I couldn't stop myself either way. As we continued through the dark streets of Kyoto, I listened to Issei and Kunou talk and chatter with one another.

Finally, as the Moon reached its peak, we stopped at a large bridge and walked to the edge to admire the calm flowing water below. "It's beautiful," Issei said, I nodded my agreement. 'should probably head back now, it's probably midnight right now' I turned to the others when I noticed something. 

Slowly, a dense fog had formed and was now covering the entire bridge, covering it completely. Frowning I raised my hand to get Issei's attention when a powerful and undoubtedly malicious presence blanketed the entire area.

Issei and Kunou both frowned as they looked around, realizing it as well. Narrowing my eyes, I looked around trying to pinpoint the origin of the powerful aura, 'there' in an instant I turned to face the shadow that slowly appeared in the fog, "We've got company" I warned, both Kunou and Issei glanced at me, then turned to face the direction of the figure. 

My eyes widened as the figure left the seclusion of the fog, floating towards us

My eyes widened as the figure left the seclusion of the fog, floating towards us. "Who are you?" I asked as Kunou whispered one word filled with fear and shock, "Oni". I frowned as I glanced at Kunou, "What?".

Moving on instinct, I leapt in front of Kunou, summoning my Sacred Gear as I did shouting, "Dragon claw!" and sliced through the boulder that was tossed at Kunou with enough force to crush her skull. Issei's eyes went wide as he growled and turned to face the Oni, summoning his Sacred Gear as he did, "hey! who the heck are you and why are you trying to kill Kunou!" Issei demanded, the Oni merely chuckled, "Such a demanding presence. And with those sacred gears. You must be the famed Breast and Bloodstained Dragon Emperors, I've heard of you" The Oni then exaggerated a bow, a taunting grin on his face. "My name is Decer, and I'll be taking that lovely Youkai's soul now" Decer then unleashed more of his power, and his Aura began to suffocate the air itself. Without a moment's hesitation, I shouted, "Deep Black, Hurricane of Will, Balance Breaker!!!" and Issei shortly followed suit. "Boosted Gear, Scale Mail, Balance Breaker!"

 "Boosted Gear, Scale Mail, Balance Breaker!"

Decer looked disappointed, "No Juggernaut Drives? I thought for sure you would take this seriously" I frowned, 'he knows about our Evolution? who is he?' "Our Juggernaut Drives would cause too much destruction, besides, we only need our Balance Br...

Decer looked disappointed, "No Juggernaut Drives? I thought for sure you would take this seriously" I frowned, 'he knows about our Evolution? who is he?' "Our Juggernaut Drives would cause too much destruction, besides, we only need our Balance Breakers to deal with you," Issei said, before charging at Decer with blinding speeds.

In an instant, Decer flew up, avoiding Issei's punch. Summoning my own wings, I shot at Decer, coating my hands in lightning, "Thunder Punch!" I shouted as I unleashed a barrage of punches at Decer, each one striking him, but I quickly realized something. Following my instincts, I dropped to the ground, just in time as well, as Decer was quickly crushed by earthen fists. "Impressive, you saw through my illusion" My eyes widened as I turned and saw Decer floating in the same place as he had appeared, a calm expression on his face. Issei landed next to me, "We've got to be careful, he's got Illusion magic, and levitation magic" I warned, but Decer merely chuckled, "Oh please-" in an instant he was gone, a sharp pain flared through my leg, there was a stone spear in my leg, and Decer was floating with a dozen more around him. "I have much more than Illusion magic", 'time magic?'  Growling I tore the stone spear from my leg and tossed it at him, but with barely any signs of effort, it turned to dust on impact.  'That master of time magic is immense, but It seems to be limited' Issei growled and charged at Decer, as Kunou shouted behind him, "Fox fire!" And a blast of yellow fire soared at Decer. The Oni growled and his eyes flashed yellow, I frowned but I didn't have to wonder what Decer was doing, as the next moment Issei jumped in front of the Fox Fire, and his Balance Breaker vanished moments before it hit him. "Issei!" Kunou shouted in shock, as I growled, 'That looked like mind control' Decer merely laughed, as he rose his right hand, and a tower of earth rose behind him. I tensed my body, 'I have no choice, I'll have to use Juggernaut Drive' But before Decer could toss the spear, he froze, and I sensed why shortly after. Grinning I said, "You better run Decer, cause Azazel's coming" The Oni snarled, and as he vanished he said, "That Youkai's death is near boy. And you can do nothing to stop it"

Moments after he vanished, I heard the familiar sound of Azazel's wings, as the Fallen Angel landed on the ground in front of us, a concerned look on his face. Dropping out of Balance Breaker I said, "Took you long enough"