Chapter 55: To Become stronger

Rest and relaxation...
The Reaper of many Warriors lives

-Vanadis, Eye of Creation-

Location: Hell, Gremory Residence

Hunter Westerdyk

"All right! Looks like everyone's here." I looked at Azazel, then at the others, It was true, everyone was here, Rias, The Fallen Peerage, and Even Morael. Although the King of Issei's peerage was still a no-show, as was Xetre. "Let's cut to the chase, I've got a twenty human world day regiment that's going to whip you into shape," Azazel said. "Do we seriously have to train for that long?" Issei groaned, It seemed that his sleep had been worse than mine. 

Although, to be honest, with Rin and Xenovia as my pillows I had slept better last night than I had for a long time...Anyway back on topic.

"That's right Issei, and guess what? You get to go first" Azazel said, Issei looked confused for a moment, when Tannin landed behind Azazel, making Issei's face fill with dread. "Who summoned the old dragon from yesterday?" he asked, "I did, He's your personal trainer these next three weeks," Azazel said, making Issei groan in annoyance and shock. "This will be my first time training someone who wields Ddraig" Tannin said with crossed arms. "Our primary concern here is unlocking your balance breaker. And if you survive, that's a bonus!" Azazel said, Making me chuckle, looking over at me Azazel said, "You're next Hunter" Instantly I stopped laughing. But Issei didn't tease me, "Why is not dying always a bonus?" Issei said as Tannin picked him up by the shirt. "Issei!" Olivia shouted. "Do I have two?" Issei called back. "Man up!" Issei groaned, "Of course, I forgot, Our queen hates slackers in training" Tannin took off with Issei shouting. "THIS SUCKS!!!"

Once Issei and Tannin were gone I looked at Azazel, "What about me?" Azazel looked at me, "Honestly, Buddy I feel sorry for you." I frowned and Azazel continued, "Like Issei, Our main goal is to get you to use your Balance Breaker on command, originally I was going to have Tannin train both Issei and you. But someone else volunteered to train you." I frowned until I saw someone walk into the square in front of us. "Xetre?" I said in shock, looking back and forth between Azazel and Xetre. Azazel nodded, but it was Xetre who spoke, "Yep, I'm your trainer. Although this isn't my first time training someone, this will be my first time training a Ponitus gear wielder." I looked at the others and they all had expressions of fear and sympathy, Heck, Olivia had frickin Grief on her face. "Hey, I'm not dead yet," I said annoyed, to which Olivia ignored me. 'Zekrom, is there any chance that if Xetre decides to kill us, we can escape?' 'Actually yes, although the price would be turning you into a half Dragon. A Demi Dragon' I looked back at Xetre, 'Would we look cool?' 'Yes, absolutely badass' I looked back at the others, then at Xetre. "Xetre, how powerful was your last student?" I asked, Xetre shrugged, "A lot stronger than you, and I had a lot more time. My aim, Is to make you surpass her" I gulped, "Example of training?" I asked and Xetre shrugged, "Fighting a Dragon, Killing a Dragon, Harvesting the Dragon, All before Lunch" I nodded digesting Xetre's words "All right I-Wait what?"

Timeskip 1 week:

I sighed as I laid down, I could feel the difference in power, and I had managed to develop a few new techniques but there was still something on my mind. I looked over to Xetre who was tending to the fire, "Xetre, how did you unlock your Sacred Gear?" Xetre froze and looked up at me. "That's an old story, and not one I like to tell." I deflated, "Oh", Xetre threw more wood into the fire, "I won't tell you much, But I can tell you this, When I awoke my Gear, It was with far from good intentions. I spent a long time in a place I didn't like, then I went somewhere with surroundings just as bad. This may seem strange, but reaping God and Satan, saved my life." I sighed again in disappointment, I had been hoping Xetre would tell me, but it seemed that Life wasn't an Anime or some Book where the characters would magically give up their secrets. I was about to close my eyes when I felt something that made me frown. Sitting up Xetre looked around, just like me. "You feel it two?" I asked in surprise, Xetre shared my expression of surprise. "Seems like it's a Ponitus gear thing." I looked around, "Something big is coming, and someone knows what and who. Someone in the Gremory family" Xetre said.

Timeskip 2 weeks:

My right eye twitched and my jaw clenched as Issei showed everyone his Balance Breaker. "It's awesome isn't it?" Issei bragged before looking at me and saying, "It's such a shame you couldn't unlock your Balance Breaker." Then shrugging he said sarcastically, "I guess this just proves I'm better than you" It took a lot of willpower not to punch Issei's face in. But sad as it was, he was half right. I hadn't been able to unlock my Balance Breaker, much to both my own and Zekroms disdain. "Issei, you shouldn't tease Hunter" Issei stopped as he looked behind him to see Xetre standing there, making Issei yelp, "While It's true that you are indeed stronger than Hunter, for now, Once he can summon his Balance Breaker on command, his power will once again surpass your own, so you better keep training" Issei's eyes widened and he nodded, Saluting Xetre, "Yes Sir!" Azazel nodded, "At least one of you managed to unlock your Balance Breaker." I sighed, this was quickly getting annoying. I heard a door open and Akeno's voice followed its sound, "Oh, so you're all here" We all looked over at Akeno, "Yes, everyone but Koneko" Rias answered, "She's getting some much-needed rest" Akeno said making me frown in confusion. "I heard she fainted during training, and correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't sound like her" Issei said, surprising me, "Wait, Koneko fainted?" I turned my gaze to Azazel angrily, "Are you the cause of this?" I demanded, a faint growl in my voice, Azazel raised his hands and shook his head, "No, Not at all, It was actually Koneko's fault" I frowned, "She added extra curriculum to the training regime I gave her, the stress was more then she could handle" Standing up Azazel said, "Now I'm going to go prepare for tonight's reception, and so should all of you, there will be a lot of different clans present." Azazel waved at all of us before leaving the room. I looked at Rias, "So... We're invited to a party?" I asked, "More like enlisted, My brother has assigned us as guards for VIP cause things tend to get messy when high ranking devils meet up, that's politics for ya" Rias said, "Everyone will be watching us, so we have to be on our best behavior guys," Kiba said. I sighed, muttering "But that's social interaction and I don't support it"