Chapter 8: Death to Normality

If I got rid of my Demons, I'd lose my Angels

-Tennessee Williams-

Location: Japan, Kuoh Academy

Hunter Westerdyk

I looked at the clock as the final bell rung, Finally, it was time for answer's. I stood up but then I heard girl's squealing and yelling. I groaned, great it was the popular kid. I turned to watch as Yuuto Kiba walked into the room. 

I looked at him, this wasn't what I needed

I looked at him, this wasn't what I needed. He walked up to me and said. "Hunter, Rias sent me to retrieve you" At his words I was angered. Retrieve? What does she think I am? A package? But nevertheless I followed him as we walked out. Sticking the Finger to my Fellow Classmates who were whispering. 

Timeskip:

I looked around the room, It definetly had the Medieval vibe to it. I spotted the White Haired chick sitting down. 

"Who's that?" I asked Kiba quietly

"Who's that?" I asked Kiba quietly. He chuckled, "That's Koneko, she's a member of the club" I sighed, I had felt Kiba's aura when I first saw him, expecting him to be somekind of Vampire from twilight or crap like that, but he also had the Cool breeze aura, Just like Rias. Then I heard the sound of a running shower, 'A shower? In the club? what the heck?' "Who is that?" I turned around to see Akeno. "Hunter, you're here" She said, I nodded "And let me guess, everyone here is super nice?" I said, in usion with Akeno. This made her smile, "Well, well, well, you're smart aren't you?" I nodded, I wasn't all brawn and no brain, unlike some people. The shower stopped and I saw Rias walking out. "Sorry to keep you waiting, I know it's terribly rude, but I didn't have the chance to wash after leaving your place" I nodded, "It's fine". She smiled "Now that you've arrived, I think everyone is here"

Timeskip:

"Allow me to offically welcome you to the occult research club", I said nothing as I just looked around, If my suspicion was correct then... "But you should know, the club is just a front, It's supposed to look like this is somesort of hobby", I raised an eyebrow, "Then what is it Truly?". Rias turned her head to look at me, "Well since you asked, I'll be frank with you, I'm not the only Devil here Hunter". The second I heard her words I closed my eye's, "And let me guess, everyone in the Occult research club is also a Devil, correct?", Rias smiled, "Correct, but that does raise a question, how did you know?" I shrugged, "For quite a while now, I've been able to sense... Aura's, I guess is the best way to explain it. And you all have the same strange Aura, one I've never sensed before. It only makes sense for you all to be Devils."

Timeskip until after she finishes explaining Fallen Angels, Devils and Angels:

I was quiet the entire time during Rias' explaination. Once she was finished I looked up at her, "Are you confused?" She asked. I shook my head, "No, actually it makes sense, since I was attacked by a Fallen Angel, twice now." I stood up, "However that does raise a question, Why doesn't my Family remember Yuuma? or to be more precise Raynare?". Rias gestured for me to sit back down, so I did. "We can erase Human memory's, It usually end's up being better for everyone". I thought back to earlier today.

I had been sitting infront of my mother and father. I had attempted to explain why Rias was in my bed nude but I had miserably failed. That was when Rias said. "We were Sleeping Naked because it helps us learn". I had looked at Rias like she was crazy, but when my family agreed, saying they were happy to see me study so hard I was shellshocked.

"Since Yuuma couldn't, We erased all traces of her from the school. She would've done so anyway if she had succeded in her goal" I nodded, "That Goal was killing me", Rias smiled "Well aren't you observant, that is indeed what her goal was, but only after she confirmed the existance of something dangerous and powerful within you", I raised an eyebrow, my mind flashing to my blood, no that wouldn't make sense. "What is inside of me?" I asked. Rias stood up, "It's called a Sacred Gear", I frowned, prompting Akeno to speak, "It's basically a very intense and unique power that's found in a rare few, the only people that I know that held them were historical Figures, so your kind of a big deal." I looked back to Rias. "Sometimes Sacred Gears can be so powerful that they become a danger to the underworld" I nodded in understanding, mentally reeling at the prospect of being so powerful that I endanger an entire World. "Come here" Rias ordered. Nodding I decided to do as she said. "Hold out your right hand, and focus on the part of you that you think is strongest" Nodding I did as she said, focusing on my Will. But as I waited and Focused, Nothing Happened. I sighed in dissapointment, "What if I don't have a Sacred Gear? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love being in a world of Magic, but what if it was a mistake? I mean I got stabbed in the heart, so shouldn't I be dead?"

Short Timeskip:

I looked at my Devil Wings, "Cool! Does this mean I can fly?", The others were slightly surprised at my reaction as I admired my wings. "Do you think it's possible that I could make them look different? Or get more?" Rias sighed, "Like a child and a new toy". I stopped and looked at her, "Hey! It's not my fault that I'm excited. okay maybe it is. But this is freaking cool!" I looked at the faces of the others, all but Koneko had faint smiles on there faces. "Eventually yes, you will be able to fly, but lets take things one step at a time, okay?" I nodded, the faster I flew the better. 

Timeskip:

I huffed as I rode the Bike back from the Clients place. This was not what I expected as my first job as a Devil.

Apparently, as the Local Devil's, we had to fulfil the wishes of Clients, because it's our duty or whatever. They had tried to teleport me but it had failed, much to my dissapointment. So Rias had given me a bike and told me to peddle to the Client and then back. The nerve! What's worse is that he wanted to be entertained. At least that part was easy, all I had to do was preform Backflips for 10 Minutes straight. 

As I rode down the streets I suddenly Felt a presence. I stopped and Focused on it. Fading Ember's. I looked up and saw a woman wearing only a cloak thing. And she was a fallen Angel.

I stopped as I looked at her, and Snarled

I stopped as I looked at her, and Snarled. Great another Fallen Angel. "What do you want, you burnt turkey!" I shouted. The Fallen Angel in question frowned at me, "So, you're the one who killed Raynare and Dohnaseek" I nodded, "Wanna add to the pile Lady!" Her frown deepened, "You're dead", I shrugged as I took a fighting stance.