Chapter 63: Date in the Past

Metal, Blood, and sweat make the man... or something like that

-Vandham, Deceased Driver, and Mentor of Xenoblade chronicles 2-

Location: Japan, Westerdyk Residence

Hunter Westerdyk

Akeno and I sat in front of the Fallen angel, "Akeno, There's something I would like to go over with you" He said, "Cut to the chase my time's precious" Akeno said coldly, 'I know she hated daddy but damn' "Why were you meeting with the Black Dragon Emperor in such a lascivious part of town?" He asked angrily, I frowned and my right eye twitched in agitation, "I can do whatever I want, what gives you the right to have any kind of say in how I live my life?" Akeno asked angrily, "Because I'm your father" he answered, "Some father you are! Why weren't you there when we actually needed you around? You were the one who left mother behind to die sad and alone, I like spending time with Hunter because he's nothing like you! just looking at you makes me sick you are not my father and I hope we never see each other again!" Akeno yelled at her father, while he stayed silent, before standing up and leaving without another word. I looked at Akeno, "Akeno..." I tried to speak, but Akeno cut me off with a Hug, "No, don't say anything, just hold me for a little while, don't let go, please Hunter don't let go" Akeno begged, after a moment I returned her Hug softly and gently. 

Timeskip:

I layed on my back in my room, looking up at the ceiling, 'I wish I knew what to do for you' I thought remembering Akeno with her Devil and Fallen wings. 'This may not help, but you should think before you act tonight' I frowned at Zekroms words, 'what?' before Zekrom could respond, I heard a knocking on my door, "Yeah?" I called looking up as Akeno entered the room. "Akeno?" I asked.

Akeno sat down on the edge of my bed, and I sat up next to her, "What's wrong?" I asked, "I want to explain why I yelled at Barqiuel" Akeno spoke softly, "My mother the priestess Shuri was born and raised in a Shinto shrine. One day she found a fallen angel who had been wounded in battle, they fell in love, and before long I was born, because of this scandal, the Himejima family disowned us and kicked us out on our own, so we left to start a quiet life with my father the fallen angel. Naturally, those days of peace didn't last long. When my black wings started coming in, I had no idea people would hate them as much as they did, what kid thinks their neighbors are going to try to murder her? my mother tried desperately to try and shield me from them..." Akeno trailed off. I looked at Akeno, "She died to protect you" I said and Akeno nodded, "Life suddenly changed, I spent my days running from those who hunted me, too long. In the end, I was just a child, and children have their limits. When both my spirit and body failed and I couldn't go any further, Rias showed up and saved my life." I tilted my head slightly, "So that's how you met" I said, "I needed to tell you everything about my history, that way I could finally try to put it behind me..." Akeno shook her head, "But I can't do it! The jerk tossed us aside to fend for ourselves there's no way I could call that bastard father!"  I frowned, "Even if you're right, he must have felt some kind of remorse, don't treat him too harshly, if you don't know his side of the story," I said, "I don't care what could've happened my mother is dead because he wasn't there when we needed him. It's too late, I don't know, I don't know anything anymore!" Akeno shouted before pushing me on my back on the bed. "Back at the hotel, that's how I honestly feel, please" Akeno began to take off her top, "I want you," Akeno said, 'I want to, but... I can't this isn't what Akeno needs right now' Akeno pushed my shirt up, "please help me forget" Akeno began to lick my abs, which felt strangely good. 'Resist, Resist!' "You're the only one I trust enough to ask," Akeno said taking off her bra and pressing my hand to her boobs. As she did I felt my hormones rage, but as I got close to the edge of my resistance I noticed something, 'Akeno's Aura, it's filled with sadness frowning I decided to delve further into Akeno's aura, and as I did a rush of images cascaded through my head, no memories. 

I saw a young Akeno, with her father in a bath as he told her about his wings, I saw her mother live and die, and then I saw Akeno meeting with the young Rias. 

As the Memories faded, Akeno looked at me, "You've lived through things no one should, you nearly lost all hope and gave up, But you found the strength to continue, Akeno, do not allow your past to define you, as It once did me" Zekrom's voice spoke from my right hand, and Akeno blinked, before smiling, "Sure thing, Zekrom" Akeno let go of my hand and stood up, "I'm sorry Hunter, I don't know what came over me, I need to go make dinner" Akeno said as she began to walk away, "Substituting in for your mother isn't easy" she said before closing the door behind her. I looked at the door, then at my hand, "Zekrom, what do you mean your past once defined you?" I asked, but Zekrom, didn't answer.

Timeskip:

Akeno took the lid off of the Pan that sat on the stove, revealing multiple vegetables and meats within it, "that looks nice" I said smelling the meal, It definitely didn't smell like the usual meat and veggies that my dad would cook sometimes {Not a knock to him, cause that meat was amazing} "Pot roast?" I asked Akeno as I looked at her, "Yep, I haven't made this dish in a long time, you can have a taste if you'd like one" Akeno said, I thought for a moment then shrugged, "Sure" Taking some chopsticks Akeno grabbed a potato and lifted it up, "say ah" She said with a smile, I smirked before closing my eyes and opening my mouth, "Ah" but instead of tasting Pot roast, I felt something else meet my lips. My eyes shot open as I saw Akeno step back from our kiss, it was short, but It shocked me all the same. "Thank you, for everything" Akeno said with a smile on her face.