Chapter 85: Birthday Disaster... Almost!

The Greatest Stories are written in Blood

-Hindu, The Eye of Destruction-

Location: Japan, Kuoh, Westerdyk Residence

Hunter Westerdyk

I don't know when exactly, but like most mornings I just slowly became conscious, and slowly I opened my eyes, a frown already growing on my face as I realized two things.

First It was my birthday! Yahoo! lucky 18 or whatever! Presents, Cake, and no chores today!

But it was the 2nd thing that made me frown. 

On my birthday, the day on which I thought everyone would be trying to make things perfect for me, no one was in bed with me cuddling with me. Not even Rias or Rin. 'Morning Hunter, Happy Ejection from womb day' Zekroms voice sleepily said in my head, 'Really man? what the hell was that? Ejection from womb day?' I thought as a small smile grew on my face, 'I mean, your not wrong. But besides, any idea where everyone is?' I asked sitting up and summoning my clothes using some very handy magic I had learned. 'no idea, but I haven't sensed any intruders since we were sleeping-' 'bullshit' '-and I believe everyone is safe and sound' getting out of bed, I yawned and stretched, "Well, guess I need to go find everyone, kinda ticked off though" I muttered, 'Why?' 'Can't explain it, but I like cuddling soft and well... cuddly, things, I swear half of the time I just want Rias and the other girls to just give me a big old hug' 'Got anything to do with the breasts?' 'not completely'

With a sigh, I walked over to my door and went to open it, but at that instant, it and I were flung to the side. With a yelp of surprise, I smashed into my wardrobe and I swore as several, very heavy, boxes fell on my head. "Bloody hell!" I yelled as I jumped up to look at the cause of my brief flight, but any swearing and cruel words died in my throat as I saw Koneko standing there in a... different outfit.

"Koneko, why are you dressed like a ninja from Naruto?" I asked blandly as I stared at her

"Koneko, why are you dressed like a ninja from Naruto?" I asked blandly as I stared at her. Koneko simply stared back at me, "Issei's idea, we all have to dress up for your birthday, that includes you as well. I'll be waiting outside your room." Koneko said, before moving to leave, "Wait!" I said, before walking over to Koneko, Frowning Koneko looked up at me, "What is it?", In response I simply said, "Give me a hug", leaving Koneko blinking in confusion, "Eh? A Hug? Sure but why? I didn't think you were the cuddly type", I shrugged in response, "Usually I'm not. But sometimes I just want to cuddle something or someone, and... why are you questioning me? If I remember correctly didn't you try to seduce me the other day? You know, the forest incident?" I said frowning, Koneko blushed a bit and looked away, before walking towards me and hugging me. 

I sighed contently yet again, holding her gently in my arms as I reveled in the feeling of an actual non-seductive, good intentions, standing hug. 'Haven't got one of these for months' for a while Koneko and I just stood there then with a grin I placed my head on Konekos, 'hehe, fear my height koneko', before finally I broke the hug and crouched down to Konekos height, "Thanks Koneko, that was nice, I'll get changed now" Koneko smiled and nodded, leaving my room and closing my door. Standing up I froze, 'Wait, what the fuck am I going to wear?'