Chapter 24: Thunder for Battle Commences

We are stubborn on vision. We are flexible on details.

-Jeff Bezos-

"In Person Speech"

"Over Radio Speech"

Location: ???

Hunter Westerdyk

We all looked at a Map of the school. "The enemy Base is just accross the way, Cutting through the school grounds may be quick, But it's not an option." Rias said. "They'll see us coming a mile away" Koneko replied, Rias nodded, "Correct, we might as well be sitting ducks" I leaned over the map, "if we go through the trackfield and sneak in through the back then we may have the element of surprise." Rias shook her head, "That's the most obvious point of entry and Riser knows it" she pointed at the Athletic Clubhouse, "My guess is he'll station knights or rooks with strong mobility right behind the athletic clubhouse" I stood straight and began to stroke my imaginary beard as I looked at the map, my mental gears turning. "That doesn't leave us with alot of options, does it?" Akeno said. Kiba looked up, "First things first, I think we should secure the gymnasium before anything else, It's adjacent to their homebase and not to far from us. But most importantly, It will serve as a diversion to the other side" I put my hand down and nodded, "It's basically in the middle of the map, whoever gets to it first is going to have a leg up for sure." Akeno said. Rias looked down at the map, then up to the others, "Good call, given the options we have that's our best chance. Koneko, do you think you can handle getting into the gym and locking it down?" Koneko nodded. "We need to secure a defensive permiter, Kiba and Koneko, get out there and set some traps in the woods ASAP" Koneko and Kiba nodded. Once they left Rias looked at Akeno. "Akeno, next we'll need your expertise, When they're done setting the traps, your illusion magic is going to come in handy, so be prepared" Akeno bowed, "I'll be waiting" She then followed Kiba and Koneko. I looked at Rias,  "What about me and Rin?". Rias looked at us. "Rin, since your Divine healing magic is superior to anything else we have, you're going to be my healing support, so you'll need to stay close to base" Rin nodded, looking dissapointed. I placed my hand on her shoulder, "hey, don't worry about it, I'm sure you'll get to fight at some point" Rin smiled and nodded. Rias walked over to a couch and sat down "Hunter, come here" I frowned, "Why?". Rias patted her lap, "I want you to put your head in my lap" I blinked in confusion, "uh, sure, whatever you say" I walked over to Rias and layed down next to her, placing my head in her lap. I looked sideways and was surprised when I caught a jealous glare from Rin. What? "So, why am I laying in your lap?" I asked, looking up at Rias. Rias smiled, "I cast a little spell on you, and it's time to unlock it" Rias put her palm on my forehead, almost instantly I felt a strange sensation fill me. "When you became a foot soilder, I told you it used eight of my pawn pieces, but what I didn't tell you was how much power you'd recieved." I raised an eyebrow, "Explain Please". "If I had unleashed everything all at once, your body wouldn't have been able to take it. So I cast a spell to keep your power at bay. Because of this spell, your powers come to you in small managable stages, what I just did was release another portion of your power" I nodded, "Okay, So I'm stronger, Is that what I'm feeling?" Rias smiled, "This is just the begining of what you can do Hunter, But in order for your body to be able to handle the power of Deep Black, ontop of the full extent of your power, we had to get you in shape and make sure you were strong enough" I sighed in annoyance, Me not in shape? Please I trained them. "There's a good portion in there that you're just not ready for yet" Rias said. I sat up, "Don't go easy on them just because they're girls. Take those pawns out, given the opportunity they will do the same thing to you." I smiled and nodded, "Equal Rights, Equal Fights, Trust me Rias, they won't know what hit them." Rias smiled, "I can't wait to see what you do, I know you'll make me proud." "Rias do you copy?" Akeno's voice said through the Radio. Rias pressed her hand against her left ear, "I hear you loud and clear". "We're ready when you are, just say the word" Rias stood up "Alright you guys here's the game plan" Rias looked at me and pointed outside, taking the hint I walked out and was met with Koneko. "Okay, once your in the gym there's no way you can avoid a confrontation, be sure to follow our plan" Rias said. "Got it" Koneko and I said in usion.