Chapter 71: Winters Lord

Nothing burns like the cold

-George R.R. Martin-

Location: Japan, Kuoh Academy

Hunter Westerdyk

I followed Rias as we climbed the spiraling stairs of the Ice tower. The only sounds, were our footsteps, panting, and the fading echoing sounds of battle below. "How long does this tower even go for?" I asked no one.  And no one responded. 

I wiggled my ears as I heard the sound of the wind above us, 'We're almost there' I thought, 'Soon we will find out who is causing this winter' Rias heard it two, as she picked up the pace, I followed and soon we broke out into a clearing. 

The top of the tower was roughly the size of a stadium, round in shape, it had nothing to stop unfortunate souls from falling off its jagged edge. The ground was solid and smooth, yet offered sufficient traction that I didn't feel like I was skating.

"So, you're here" frowning I turned around, and a snarl grew on my face. "Birn Glacia"

The Gray Dragon Emperor chuckled, "Yes, it is, I'm surprised you're not frozen" I growled again, "Release my family, the rest of Kuoh, and leave!" I shouted, but Birn shook his head, "No, you see, I'm here for you, Hunter

The Gray Dragon Emperor chuckled, "Yes, it is, I'm surprised you're not frozen" I growled again, "Release my family, the rest of Kuoh, and leave!" I shouted, but Birn shook his head, "No, you see, I'm here for you, Hunter." my snarl grew larger as I bared my teeth, "Last chance, leave. Or die" But Birn shook his head, "No" Instantly I shouted, "Balance Breaker!" Lightning struck me as I donned my armor and turned to face Birn.

 Or die" But Birn shook his head, "No" Instantly I shouted, "Balance Breaker!" Lightning struck me as I donned my armor and turned to face Birn

I glanced at Rias, who nodded, turning back to face Birn, I roared, and charged at him. Summoning Lightning to my Sacred Gear I shouted, "Thunder Punch!" and thrust my fist towards him. But It was blocked, a Birn had raised his arms and nullified the worst of the damage. 

Snarling I twisted quickly, jumping back as Rias fired Destruction Magic at Birn with a yell. Landing on my feet I raised my right hand, shouting, "Gram!"