Chapter 10: End of The Secret

Even in the greatest Evil, There is Kindness. In the same way, even in the weakest of children, is a strength unimaginable. And even the most Truthful man has Lied. To accept this as a part of who you are, Is the beggining on a path to your own Heart. 

-Vanadis, Eye of Creation-

Location: Japan, Kuoh Academy

Hunter Westerdyk

"... Or to be more precise, my Venom"

The others fell silent as I spoke, looking at me with somewhat confused looks. Taking a deep breath I began to tell them the story that had never left my mouth.

"It was nine years ago when I recieved my scar, Since then I've always said that I was bitten by something that I don't remember, and that it should've killed me. This is mostly true" I gestured for Rias to sit down with the rest of the peerage, and she surprisingly obliged. "I was bitten, and It should've killed me, but I survived by a miracle that baffles science and magic apparently" I sat down on the bench and looked at them. "In truth I wish I could forget, but I can't, and I won't" I paused wondering if It was right to tell them, after this, there was truly no turning back, I needed to tell them this, the truth needed to be spoken. "The creature that Bit me, that gave me this scar, was a snake called an Inland Taipan. A single drop of it's venom can kill 100 men in ten seconds. It's rare, Deadly, fast and the most dangerous snake on the Planet, it's venom second only to the Box jellyfish." I closed my eye's, "I could've avoided being bitten, In truth it's my own fault, but I decided to anyway. You see a thunderstorm had recently crossed our home, the previous night infact, I was walking around, hoping to find something interesting, that's when I saw a snake pinned to the ground by a large rock, I recognized it for what it was, but I still moved forward to free it. I stayed as far away from it as I could, using a large sturdy stick I managed to lever the rock off of it. I jumped back instantly, to avoid the snake, but to my surprise it looked right at me, and after a moment lashed out, biting my face over my left eye, I had posed no threat, nor had I harmed it, but still it struck me. Immediatly it left. My parents found me shortly after, they raced me to hospital, all the while I was fully consious." I paused taking a shaking breath. "I... remember feeling something, like, the world was changing, I don't know how to describe it but it was like that snakes bite changed fate itself. I should've been dead when we arrived at the hospital, but I wasn't. I was rushed to emergency and they tested my blood. What they found was supposed to be impossible." I looked around at them before continuing, "My DNA, My genetic makeup had changed, My blood was no longer completely Human. Even as they watched it became like poison. The reason why, was because it was. That Snakes bite had changed me, Now my blood shared the Venom, the potency, and even the affects of an Inland Taipan's bite. Drop for Drop, My Blood is just as venomous as an Inland Taipan's. I stayed in that Hospital for a month as they experimented on me, trying to figure out what happened. Urine test's, Fetus, Retina scan's, X-Ray's, Blood test's, They even tested my Bone Marrow. In the end they found nothing else, My DNA was almost Identical to before, My Brain activity perfect. But my Blood never lost it's venomous power, Anyone that taste's my blood will die, even just a drop. The same goes if my blood enter's your blood stream. Ever since then, Snakes avoided me, Rat's mice two, It's like I was a snake. A taipan. That's how I killed Raynare, Dohnaseek, and now, even that new Fallen angel" I breathed out looking around at the others. Their faces were shocked to say the least, What I had just told them was impossible, even in the magical world, An Inland Taipan's venom was something only God's or 300 foot tall monster's could survive without help. Trust me I knew, I had researched it. "That's the truth, feel free to think I'm lying, even to me it sounds like a fantasy." I stood up. After a moment of silence I sweatdropped, "Can someone say something? Dread is worse then the actual event you know" I said annoyed. Rias stood up, "Thank you, for telling us that, It must've been difficult." I nodded, "The Truth may not always be the easiest route, but it's always the best, you just need the courage to say it when It matters." I turned my gaze to the other's, "All of us have secrets, some... more dangerous then others. The reasons behind those secrets always change. Sometimes it's out of fear, Other's it's out of Hatred, Or what you think other's will do, And sometimes it's to protect others. The Truth cannot be rushed, but it needs to be spoken when the time comes." I said, looking at the others as I spoke, I knew they had secrets, so far I only had hint's, from their aura.

Akeno's was mixed, while Koneko's felt like it was from another place. Yuuto's was like Ink, darker as it deepened, as it aged. While Rias felt like a loaf of bread, Flat and plain, but it was slowly rising from the heat. "I won't force you to tell the truth, But I trust you will, as I trusted you."

A/N

If your wondering how Hunter can sense their lies, and what their like or about. Think of it like this. Everyone has a Life force, To make it easier I'll compare it to food. As they grow, and things affect them, The taste of the dish, the texture, look and even recipe change. Hunter can sense those things. While he can't tell things exactly he can sense their 'dish'. By doing this he can sense past events. That's why he can sense ... Akeno's... uhh, spoiler stuff. If you know What I mean you know what I mean, if you want to know, head to the wiki and go to her page, but be warned It's a spoiler. The same for Koneko, Yuuto and even Rias. 

Now if you're wondering, 'Now that the Fallen Angels are dead and gone, how will Hunter unlock his True Sacred gear?' well listen closely. In past chapter's I made a hint. You see, I haven't removed anyone from this worlds history. Something happened 4 day's before Hunter arrived. And a spot in Kuoh academy opened. pay attention to the past and you will find who vanished. But be warned, the past has a way of coming back to haunt us. As you will find soon.

Also, who liked the prophecy I made at the beggining? I wrote it myself completely. And if you can guess what the Prophecy means before I reveal, I will add you to this story, or carry out a wish of your choosing.