Chapter 82: Return of War

In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity, all warfare is based on deception

-Sun Tzu-

Location: Japan, Kyoto

Hunter Westerdyk

I yelled in pain as I was slammed to the ground by the red Oni, picking me up by the leg he merely grunted, before throwing me away. 

I went through tree after tree, finally falling to the ground. Growling I stood up, as he slowly approached. 'I refuse to accept defeat...' my growl turned into a snarl, as I summoned a thunderstorm and shouted. "I WHO SHALL AWAKEN!!"

I grew in size until even the Oni was dwarfed by me, and with a roar, I shot towards him, lightning crackling around me as I did

I grew in size until even the Oni was dwarfed by me, and with a roar, I shot towards him, lightning crackling around me as I did. The Warlord narrowed his eyes, and summoned his blades, meeting me head-on. "Dragon tail!!!" I shouted, spinning as I coated my tail in dragon magic and hit the Warlord in the head sending him spinning through the air. With a roar, I shouted, "DRAGON PULSE!!" and released a beam of energy from my mouth which hit the Oni in the air, causing a massive explosion as I did. As the Oni fell to the ground with a large thud, I flew over to him, baring my teeth as I saw him standing without much trouble. The Oni looked at me before speaking, "You are powerful, what's your name?" he asked simply. I was caught off guard by that but recovered quickly. "Hunter, the Black Dragon Emperor, you?" I asked in return. The Oni shrugged, "My name Is Venge, and as you can likely guess. I am the Oni Warlord of Vengeance. Commit it to memory before you die" In an instant Venge shot towards me with force akin to a rocket, acting quickly I jumped back, shouting, "THUNDER!!" As I summoned lightning down on Venge. But as I looked my eyes widened, he had blocked the Lightning with his blades and was merely glaring at me. 

'We can't beat him like this. You have two options before you, mental attack, or sacrifice'

'Sacrifice?'

'Sacrifice your body, your limbs to me and I can give you the power needed to beat him, but you must act quickly.'

I glared at Venge, before thinking, 'no, not yet, I'll try the Mental approach first, but still be ready' 'Very well'

Charging at Venge I shouted, "BOLT STRIKE CONSTANT!!" and blocked his blades with my arms, before kicking Venge back, "Why do you fight? What do you have to gain from this?!" I yelled as I tried to sweep Venge's legs, but failed and he drove two of his blades into my tail as a result, with a howl of pain, I swiped at Venge, but he simply jumped back and away from my reach. "Why do you want to know?" Venge asked, looking at me curiously, "Everyone has a reason to fight, but what is your reason for evil? It can't just be your purpose, it runs deeper than that, it has to" I said, and Venge frowned, confused, "I serve my lord, what other reason do I need to fight?", I shook my head and pointed in the direction of the others, "But then, why do you serve your lord?" Venge pointed his blades at me, saying, "My loyalty is beyond your comprehension, so don't even try to question it", I tore Venge's blades from my tail as he rushed at me, and barely avoided his flurry of attacks, "Even so, your blades do not lack conviction, as some do. So why do you fight for the Omega?" I flew up into the air, gaining distance between me and Venge, 'One of my past wielders was killed by Venge, use the information they knew, to break through to him' Zekrom offered, and a moment later a sharp rush of information and memories flowed into me. My eyes widened at the history, and I looked at Venge with a saddened expression.

"You aren't fighting me with your full power are you?"

Venge flinched at my words, "What did you say?" He asked, and I spread my arms, "Long ago, you were maniacal, a personification of death some would say. You reveled in battle and caused anarchy wherever you went. Yet one day, something changed. You changed" Venge growled at my words, and quickly I continued, "You lost control of your power, the power that allows you to feed on emotions of anger and revenge. It overcame you, and you went berserk, destroying hundreds of villages, and slaughtering thousands before you were finally stopped by the gods. Ever since that day, you've been scarred, you refuse to use your full power, you fear it." Venge's hands began to shake, as he looked at me in shock, "How did you? you can't possibly know about that", I shook my head, "Remember Alice? She wielded the Deep Black Gear in the era where you went berserk, she was your friend, and in your rage, you killed her" I could feel the regret flowing from Venge now, "She hates me, I'm sure" Venge muttered, but I shook my head "but what if I told you, that Alice, has never hated you. She saw you as her brother, an Idol, she looked up to you and admired you. But now she is filled with sorrow, seeing you in this state. You were filled with pride, you carried yourself with confidence, but I don't see that warrior before me, I don't see that man, all I see is a broken warrior, wallowing in regret." Venge growled, and I pointed at him, "Think I'm wrong? then prove it. Fight for yourself, fight for your own beliefs, and fight alongside me." I said, and Venge simply looked up at me in mild amusement, "You clearly aren't that much of a poet, and your persuasion skills leave much to be desired. But you are right. I will fight alongside you, in honor of my old friend, and I won't hold back anymore"

I blinked at Venge's words, "oh, sweet, But that's not really nice" Venge shrugged, as a menacing aura surrounded him, "Let the blood bath begin"