Chapter 39

I woke up in the morning. My sleep was pretty much peaceful today. I was alone in bed. Bucky was in a kitchen making a tea or a coffee. I don't know.

This so called apartment was small. Very small. There was a some sort of kitchen connected with our mattress room or whatever. And there was a one room for bathroom.

"Morning." I said in raspy voice.

"Morning." Bucky said as he brought me a tea.

I let the warm liquid travel down my throat. My head was hurting. Badly. Memories hurt my brain and me quite literally.

"Did you sleep better?" I asked him as he sat next to me.

"Yeah."

Bucky leaned against wall as he closed his eyes for few. I finished my tea and leaned next to him.

We were both exhausted. Mostly mentally and after visit of Smithsonian in D.C. before we left things that could have happened if we weren't taken by HYDRA. We were talking about it before.

Deep conversations were new things for us. We couldn't talk this much in facilities but we manly couldn't because we didn't trust people and now when we knew no one is listening to us because we always control if there are any devices anywhere.

"I heard you during the night having a nightmare. Wanna talk about it?" I asked him.

"I don't know. I...it was about one mission. There was this little kid as a witness right after we killed her parents. She saw it all." He said as he opened his eyes looking for mine.

"I remember that mission." I said as moved closer to him.

"You should get some more sleep. I will be here." I said.

"Please get some sleep too." He said.

I nodded as I lay next to him. Todays weather was dark and rainy. It was easy to fall asleep but stay in it. Not so much.

I somehow fell asleep after like an hour of looking at a wall.

Flashback

"One, two, three and three, two, one." Bucky said as he held my hands teaching me how to use my legs while dancing.

I stopped and looked at him confused.

In like a month we will have prom and because we are so called 'sweethearts' or
'lover birds' of our school we need to go there and be 'cool' I guess.

Steve was sitting on a couch in my living room. My brother was somewhere in town. Soft music was playing out of gramophone.

"This is stupid." I said as I shook my head looking at Steve for help. He smiled at me innocently as he held his hands up in the air showing that he surrender.

"It's not stupid. You just need to learn it." He said as he took a sip of water.

I rolled my eyes at him as I leaned against counter. Today was a rainy day. It was cloudy and cold outside. Originally we wanted to go somewhere today but no.

The weather said otherwise.

"Let's play a game." I said as a thought popped up in my mind.

"What kind of game?" Steve asked confuse as I looked at Bucky who was smirking at me as if he was reading my mind.

I went to cabinet with alcohol that we had at home.