ao. seven

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Chapter Seven

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

❝ Roger Alpheus ❞

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

Athanasia was on her way to her father's audience chamber, with Felix carrying her comfortably at his back, when she saw a familiar man. Silver hair and golden eyes, she wouldn't be mistaken. It was Roger Alpheus. The one who took care of her sister, Jennette.

"I am Roger Alpheus, at your service princess. Blessings and glory upon the Obelian Empire." The duke bowed as Athanasia stared at him. Athanasia wants to ask him how was Jennette, but then she remembered that she went back in time.

Athanasia smiled brightly as she replied to the duke. "Good morning, Lord Alpheus. Were you just leaving from seeing my papa?" but what Athanasia really wanted to say is, "Good morning, Lord Alpheus. How's Jennette doing? Is she coming here? I hope not."

"Yes i am, your highness." Roger answered as Athanasia just nodded and smiled. Somehow, Roger felt really indifferent towards the princess. He felt like she wasn't supposed to be like this. "Very well now, your highness. It appears that i'm disturbing you from visiting his majesty." he bowed as he said. "May there be prosperity upon the Obelian Empire."

'Yes, yes. Please leave now duke. Just seeing you somehow makes me annoyed with those gaze of yours.' "Goodbye!" Athanasia exclaimed as she smiled even wider. She patted Felix's as Felix nodded at her. "Let's go now Felix! Papa's waiting."

As they left, Athanasia's cheeks turned bright red. Surely, she was kind of loud in there. She didn't even know that she could yell that much voice. It feels weird, really weird for an eighteen year old girl in a body of a five year old.

As they entered the audience chamber, Athanasia setted sight towards her father, Claude. Who seemed to be expressionless at the moment. He was deep in his thoughts. Athanasia patted Felix's shoulder once again as the knight brought her down.

Athanasia has finally realized that her father, had somehow changed. To an icy cold father to a warm loving father. Sure, he was the one who killed her. But Athanasia is Athanasia, and she really wanted to be loved by the emperor.

She just have to make sure Jennette will never come to this palace, introducing herself as his child.

Athanasia brightly smiled as she ran over her father. "Athanasia's here, Papa!" she exclaimed. Claude, who were really tired because of Alpheus who're really annoying him, had a brightened mood when he finally saw his daughter.

"Don't run, you might trip."

Athanasia chuckled as she slowed down and went to his father's lap. "Hehe.."

"Hmmm.." Claude just gazed at his daughter. Surely, Athanasia's smile reminded him of Diana. Diana has the brightest smile afterall, just like Athanasia's.

Athanasia then, raised her arms up as Claude placed her at his lap. "Oh oh, by the way, Papa. Felix and i met Lord Alpheus on our way here. He really looked like a white dog!" Athanasia blurted out the last words as she saw Claude stiffled his laughter. 'I mean, was i wrong? Duke Alpheus looks alot like a dog.'

And ever since Athanasia decided to be lovey-dovey (platonically) with Claude, she hated Jennette. What she was confused is that, if Jennette really have thought of her as her sister, why didn't she try to save her? Was it because she really thought she poisoned her? Nonetheless the reason, she loathed her for that.

Claude, who looked at Athanasia who were in deep thoughts, glanced at Felix and mouthed for him to go away. And of course, Felix obliged without any complaints. Claude is capable of defending him and the little princess, so it's alright to leave him alone with her.

The emperor stood up and Athanasia was shocked. It seemed like they were going to some secret chamber behind the emperor's throne. And Athanasia was right.

"Wooah! It's so comfy!" Athanasia exclaimed as she bounced herself at the bed. Claude, who were just watching his little princess, smiled in secret.

Claude, who're tired, dropped himself at the bed and shifted his position into sideways facing Athanasia. "Sing me a lullaby.." Claude unconsciously mumbled as he closed his eyes.

Athanasia, who was beffadled, just giggled and smiled. 'I still remember the lullaby Lily always sings me to sleep. Her voice is really magnificent and angelic.' Athanasia smiled as he brushed Claude's hair with her fingers, and somehow, they're soft.

"When the night sneaks in.." Athanasia's cute, but angelic voice started to rang at Claude's ear, making him feel at ease. "Pick some flowers for my sake.. The pretty stars smile, say hi... Goodbye to the day. Tomorrow will bring a brighter morrow. So dream a pretty dream and sleep tight, papa.." Athanasia flinched in cringiness as she replaced 'my child' with 'papa', but Claude only smiled.

Felix, who were listening to them smiled brightfully. He's glad that everything went fine with Athanasia and His majesty, Claude. Felix is sure that Lady Diana are smilling while watching them.

And the days transitioned to years. Athanasia has finally reached the age of seven.