at. one

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Chapter One

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

❝ Fourteenth Birthday ❞

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

Athanasia was running through the halls. Not because she's late for class because she's not going to class, but to go to her father's palace. She remembered him promising that'll he'll prepare a tea party for her with the two of them only before her birthday celebration.

Fourteenth, to be exact. She's fourteen today and her debutanté would be in months time. Athanasia was excited, but at the same time, nervous. Because clearly, Jeanette would be introduced to Claude. Athanasia's sure that Claude dears her, but what would happen if he were to meet his first love's child? Would he accept Jennette with open arms again and abandon her? Or would he loathe her? That, Athanasia doesn't know and never wanted to know.

'But gosh, i can't believe i woke up late!' Athanasia thought as her cheeks reddened. Last night, when Claude told Athanasia that'll they would have a tea party first before her birthday celebration made her happy. And she can't sleep that night, thinking about it. 'Remembering how i turned alot in my bed makes me embarassed.'

Athanasia shook her head as she then, saw her personal knight, Felix Robane. 'Felix still looked like in his twenties, but i'm pretty sure he's out of the calendar.' "Felix!" Athanasia yelled as she waved at Felix. "Where's Papa?"

"Oh, Your Highness." Felix bowed as he smiled. As expected, Felix's smile is refreshing. And she still can't believe Felix's still not married. "His Majesty are in the garden. He was starting to wonder where you were, and told me to fetch you. But it seemed that you got here already."

"Yes.. I woke up late, that's why." Athanasia retorted which made the older men laugh. 'Felix was a nice person back then too.. But due to being father's knight, he was unable to help me. He also told me some things about Mama.' Athanasia thought, as smiled when she saw her father, sitting. And yes, he is still wearing his usual clothes. 'It's also amusing to see father wearing clothes from mother's hometown. Now i wanted to go visit Siodonna.'

"Athanasia." Claude said, the moment he saw her. "You're late."

"Hehe, sorry Papa. I woke up late." Athanasia reasoned as she sat down at her chair with Felix's help. 'He's still the same though.' "I'm not that late though.. But anyway, Papa. Thank you for having tea with me." She thanked as her smiled brighten the whole garden, that maids had to close their eyes.

"It's normal for me to do this though.. It is your birthday." Claude replied as he sipped his tea. 'Even though it's the day she died..' Claude looked at Athanasia, who are sipping her own tea now, and Claude can't help it but to smile. It was only for a brief moment, but to everyone who saw it squealed in silence.

"It tastes great, Papa! As if flowers are blooming inside my mouth."

He can't help but remembered his late lover when his daughter, Athanasia, told him that. Claude was constantly reminded by Diana, and he doesn't mind it. Because he knew himself, that if he were to go to his old ways, express no emotions and pushing people away, Diana would be mad at him. So much, that he doesn't blame Athanasia for her death.