at. twelve

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Chapter Twelve

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

❝ A Trip To The West ❞

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

Claude sighed as he caressed his head in annoyance and confusion. He sent Felix to the west for a while, since there were matters that he needed to oversee there but can't due to his important paperworks, that's why he decided to send Felix. When Felix got back, all he received were bad news. Well, it can also be said as good news.

"So, what did you find out?" Claude asked Felix without giving him a glance, as he continued reviewing the documents. But he did noticed Felix's red hair when he glances at the deak, that's why he knew Felix was on his knees while lowering his head.

"The body at the west boarders of Obelia was the Former Emperor. We've checked the eyes, and it was jeweled." Felix informed as he remembered the corpse that are laying in the bed. Thanks to magic, the body was preserved. "We still don't know how the former emperor got to the west, Your Majesty. But my knights have—"

"I'll handle it. I'll do the investigation." Claude cutted Felix off as  he dropped the documents and looked at Felix. When Felix looked back at Claude, all he saw was lividness. The same that he saw years ago, when he killed the tyrant.

The reason why Claude wanted to do the investigation was he wanted to see himself where his brother, died once again. 'How the hell did he get out alive?' Claude thought, gripping his quill as he remembered that displeasing memories once again. 'Did he use Black Magic?'

And that's why, Claude are getting ready to go to the West. Athanasia looked at Claude with confusion as he saw the baggages in his carriage. "Papa.. Where are you going?"

"West." Claude replied as he turned to Athanasia. And there, he began to worry. 'What if that Margarita brat do something to her?' "Tell your maids to pack a one week worth of clothes. Formal attire and casual for resting.' Claude added.

Athanasia was still confused though. She's still have things to do, and things she wanted to do in Jennette. So Athanasia can't help but tilt her head in confusion. "Why are we leaving so suddenly?"

".. I can't leave you here with that man's child." Claude mumbled as Athanasia looked at him with more confusion. 'What did he mean by that man's child?' Athanasia thought as she bid goodbye to her father to inform her maids to pack clothes for her. She was in daze.

'Papa said that Jennette's not my sister, so that must've been someone in the imperial family must have been her father, which was the former emperor.' Athanasia continued thinking as she watched Lily packing her clothes with Ces and Hannah. 'And when Papa said ‘that man’, he looked mad.. Does he hate him, perhaps?'

"Princess, the clothes are packed. And Sir Felix are waiting for you." Lily informed with her usual bright smile. Athanasia nodded as she let her maids carry her bags. They walked to the Emerald Palace's entrance, where Claude and Felix are waiting in the carriage.

'I heard from one of the maids that there was a body found in the west..' Athanasia turned straightly, and saw Claude in a formal attire. It was an imperial uniform. "Papa!" Athanasia yelled, waving at Claude who turned to her direction. Claude smiled back as he waved.

When Athanasia got inside the carriage with Felix's help, they waited for a few while for their departure. The two were silent. And Athanasia noticed Claude spacing out for a minute or two. And it made Athanasia wondered.

'What kind of brother was the former emperor?' Athanasia questioned herself as she looked at Claude. 'If i remember my dreams right.. There was a person behind Jennette that looked like Papa, but with black hair and eyes.' Athanasia faced the window as she saw the scenery of a forest. 'He was kinda nice.. Maybe he's Jennette's dad? But why is his eyes black instead of jeweled blue?'

To estimate the time to reach the west part of obelia, would be almost a day. It's the most farthest, but peaceful. The lords that lord the place are civil, and just wanted peace. Unlike other nobles. Anyway, Athanasia was bored.

So when they arrived, Athanasia cried in joy as she walked at the ground with a bright smile. She looked around, and it was magnificent. What's more is that, the skies were pink. It was lovely.

"Papa, look! The sky's really pretty right now." Athanasia yelled to Claude as Claude just nodded in agreement. "It's really pretty.." Athanasia awed, her smile still hadn't left her face.

At the Ruby Palace, on the other hand, Jennette were still unconscious. They've informed Athanasia about what happened and Athanasia only said to leave her alone for awhile. And so, they did. But in Jennette's head, all she kept hearing are things. Things like;

“You're nothing.”
“They're mocking you.”
“They're looking down on you.”
“You're not worth as much as your sister.”

It repeated. For on and on and on, that Jennette couldn't bear it anymore. She wanted it to stop. She wanted to stop the pain. She wanted to do everything to stop it. And there, her body was finally ready. Ready to be possessed by Karax.

Athanasia was laying down on her bed, at the same moment. Their trip to the west was a disaster, and can't be even called a vacation. Her dad was just out, everytime. Felix was on her side though, but whenever she asked him about what her father had been doing, all she get was a shook in his head. She's getting suspicious.

"What are you thinking so deeply that you've sighed for alot of times now?"

Athanasia turned to the side, only to see Lucas. Lucas in his normal form, with long hair and his wizard robe, as the moon behind his back shined brightly.