ao. eleven

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Chapter Eleven

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

❝ Disastrous Event ❞

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

Jennette was gazing at the evening stars. She was holding her Claude doll beside her, imagining that she was with Claude. Although, it might seem impossible, she is Claude's daughter. They'll get along well when they finally meet. She didn't know why she was feeling ecstatic.

Oh right. She heard from a maid that the princess was bedridden. Magicians were trying hard to heal her, but they can't. Even Roger Alpheus was concerned, but that's none of her business. She just can't wait for the princess to die so she could replace her. Not that she was trying to steal Athanasia's crown and attention, it was hers in the first place.

How pitiful. Was all Roger Alpheus would think everytime he sees Jennette. He knew she wasn't the emperor's first daughter. It was impossible in the first place, seeing that the Margarita's have a bad relationship with his majesty. Roselia really corrupted the child's mind that she was Emperor Claude's daughter, and the real crown princess.

Athanasia was really bedridden though. Albeit, not on the verge of dying, well, maybe actually. She was just in utter pain. Her insides were in indescribable pain. She just couldn't help but to be in tears. All she could hear was her sobs, making Claude worry even more.

Well, it started in that morning. She was with her dad, having breakfast. It was potatoes, waffles with chocolate syrup and bacon and eggs. There were more variety of food at the table, but Athanasia was more focused at what was infront of her.

"How was that warlock for a playmate, Athanasia?" Claude asked as he sipped his usual Lippe Tea. Athanasia can't help but giggle at his father's handsome figure. Although, she can't help but wonder what kind of clothing he's wearing.

Athanasia smiled at her father. "Lucas is fine, Papa. We get along well." 'Although, i hate how he instantly complain about something and constantly reminding me about how he should just eat Blackie.' Athanasia thought as she stabb— i mean, picked the strawberry up with her fork.

"Hmm.." Although, Claude only hummed in response. Athanasia noticed her father is in a bad mood, basing at the dark gloomy aura around him.

"Don't worry, Papa! Athanasia will still spend time with you." Athanasia assured as Claude only nodded. Felix told him the same too. Was he worrying too much? That, he doesn't know. "Ah! Let's have tea outside later too, Papa."

Claude looked at Athanasia for a moment as he nodded. "Yes."

Hours passed and they had tea. Athanasia was smilling to the core. Not just because she's having tea with her father, but she'll also avoid Lucas. Lucas was beginning to annoy her awhile ago, and it's a good thing she asked her dad to have tea with her.

"Papa, why do you wear that kind of clothes?" Athanasia questioned as Claude almost choked at his tea, making Athanasia startled. 'Was it that private? Or sensitive..?' she thought, tilting her head at Claude.

When the emperor regained his composure, he looked at Athanasia and cleared his throat. "I wear it because i'm comfortable in them.."

"Ahh.. Where is that clothing from?"

"Siodonna." Claude immediately answered. There, he remembered the time when Diana was making him try her homeland's clothing. It was a good memory.

Athanasia, on the other hand, smiled. She noticed her father's face forming a smile, seemed to be remembering something. One thing she learned from Lily, was that her mother was a dancer from siodonna. Maybe there, her father was influenced by her mother to wear those kind of clothes. And it made Athanasia giggle.

"What are you giggling for?" Claude asked as Athanasia's lip thinned and shaked her head in reply. "Hmm.."

And the two just sat at their seats, talking to each other while sipping tea. Well, it's still actually milk with honey for Athanasia.

'Why do i suddenly taste blood though..' Athanasia thought, making her hands reach for her mouth. Blood was flowing out of her mouth as she looked at her father. 'Ahh.. It hurts.' she thought, seeing her father looked at her with shock. And there, she lost consciousness.