ath. two

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Chapter Two

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

❝ Our Dearest Athanasia ❞

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

Claude noticed stares from Lilian York and Felix, as the priest immediately announced Diana as his wife. It was so sudden, and was the middle of the night. Diana were still in a night gown, covered in a thick robe that Claude gave him. Only two people witnessed their wedding.

"Your Majesty, isn't this too sudden?" Felix can't help but voice out his thoughts. Surely, no one in the right mind would hold a sudden wedding in the middle of the night. "I mean.. I'm happy that Lady Diana's your wife now, but.."

"Don't worry about such things, Felix." Claude retorted as he held Diana's hand. Reassuring that it's alright, that his decision are alright. Diana looked at him, and a soft expression can only be seen. "Let's go rest, my love."

Too bad for Claude, honeymoon's cancelled. Diana's pregnancy are becoming worst to worst by any moment. It was already identified that it was because of the person inside the womb have immense amount of mana. Since Athanasia was a child, it was already a problem for Athanasia. Claude looked at Diana, who were just staring at him with mix of awe and pain in her expression.

"Your Ma— Claude.." Diana cutted herself off, as she remembered that her lover liked it when he was called by his name. Specifically if it was her. "Wouldn't the nobles complain about this matter?"

"Hmm? Why would they?" Claude retorted softly, as he laid in his bed. Soon after, Diana sat down down beside him with a worried look. "Why are you worried, my love? Have you forgotten who i am?" Claude smile widen, as he reached for Diana's platinum blonde locks and kissed it. "I'm the most powerful man in Obelia. I can make anything possible. Expect it that you're the Empress of Obelia tomorrow morning."

As the morning came, news flew like lightning. The Obelia's Emperor got married to a commoner. More frankly, the great Obelian Empire finally had an empress. Nobles complained but soon after, regretted it. Take Count Heinner for example. Claude immediately tortured the guy and let him hang where people can see his pathetic dead corpse swinging as the wind blows. It was a gruesome sight, and an example to not mess with the Emperor.

Claude chuckled at the memory as he dropped the papers in his desk. Diana was finally the empress consort. Unfortunately, Diana can't be an empress regnant due to her condition. 'This is enough. As long as she became an empress..' Claude thought.

Soon after, Diana would leave him that'll cause him to use black magic to completely erase her in his mind. And that caused him to miss Athanasia's childhood. Claude softly sighed, as he headed to his room. All he wanted to see are Diana and Diana only.

As soon as he entered his room, Diana turned to the door and saw Claude's fit body walking in. "Your— Claude!" Diana beamed as she ran to him and hugged him. Diana didn't know what would be the cause of it, but she wanted to embrace her lover. "Can we have tea at the garden?" she asked in a cheery tone, joy was clear in her face.

Claude's breath hitched, as he nodded. His lips thinned. Seeing Diana happy and all cheerful, made him blush. It was, a sight to see.. 'I miss her.'