ath. fourteen

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Chapter Fourteen

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

  ❝ Fast Forward ❞

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

"What are you doing?"

Athanasia looked behind and saw her familiar friend, Lucas, walking towards her with an arched eyebrow. Although, Athanasia only smiled and shrugged, as she then continued what she was doing. As Lucas watched her go back to stare at nothingness once again, he magically grab one of Athanasia's thick shawl and wrapped it around her.

"Geez, you'll get cold." Lucas sighed, as Athanasia just giggled at how the warlock worried over her.

Well, Lucas had always been worried and caring towards her. Ever since they met, even though the guy was kind of sarcastic and a jerk towards her, she's still taken care of her childhood friend. Not a day, Athanasia didn't see Lucas not take care of her.

Athanasia stopped chuckling as she leaned her head at Lucas' shoulders. "I was just staring at the moon. Isn't it wonderful?" she said in a low voice as she awed when the clouds paved its way. A few seconds after, the moon shined brightly as she turned her head to glance at Lucas. "I'm turning fourteen tomorrow."

'He's looking at me.' Athanasia thought as she slightly blushed, closing her eyes after. 'Same old Lucas.' "Yeah, i'm turning fourteen tomorrow..."

As the night passed by, morning came and everyone in the palace are busy and bustling like bees. The Princesss who are still half-asleep were bathed and dolled up, but not that, she needed the make-up. The days' time are too precious to waste, each second are golden. That is why, everyone are swiftly moving in pace.

"Princess, can you please tilt your head a little?"
"Princess, lift your left feet please!"
"Princess, do you want gold or rose gold?"
"Princess, would you like to paint your nails?"

'Huh...?' Athanasia thought blankly as she blink a couple of times. Perhaps, she's still asleep. Princess this and Princess that, Athanasia started getting dizzy as she almost out-balanced herself. 'I should've slept earlier and stopped myself from staying up too late.'

Athanasia stared at her reflection as she awed at her figure. She already knew she's beautiful as what everyone around her have said, but she didn't knew she's ‘that’ beautiful. Staring for a few more seconds, Athanasia was startled when a figure appeared behind her.

Raising her brow at the figure, she placed her hands at her hips and tilted her head. "What are you doing here, Lucas? I'm still not dressed up."

"You're wearing proper clothes, so you're dressed up." Lucas retorted as he placed some distance to the girl. Athanasia scoffed at him as Lucas ignored it. "Anyway, i'm here since you're taking too long. This isn't your debutanté but the maids are taking so long to doll you up." Lucas eye rolled as he looked at her, head to toes. "But you look decent, so i'm looking out for this one."

"Shut up." Athanasia chuckled as Lucas just smiled at her. "Anyway, the event doesn't start in three hours so why the rush?"

"I don't know, it isn't like you to be late." Lucas replied shortly, as he gave himself a seat and sat down.

Athanasia tilted her head in confusion. "What do you mean? I just like being on time."

"You like being praised too," Lucas added. Athanasia gasped at his words as she just chuckled it off.

"True." she said. "Anyway, get out now. Lily would be furious if she found you here." Athanasia said and warned the warlock as she sweetly smiled at him.

Lucas blushed, as he scoffed. "What can she do to me anyway?"

"Remember the brownie incident?" Athanasia reminded the man as Lucas immediately stood up, bowed as a joke and then teleported away. The princess only chuckled at his reaction when she reminded him the incident when she was ten years of age. "He really shouldn't underestimate Lily."

"Princess, your dress is ready!"

"Oh, okay."

But as we all can see, time had really passed by. Athanasia's happy, Lucas and Claude are physically and mentally ready incase someone hurts Athanasia. Jennette's far away from Rosalia and the so-called Viscount Patterson is under surveillance.

So what went wrong?