at. fifteen

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Chapter Fifteen

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

❝ Let's talk, Jennette ❞

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

Athanasia smiled, as she bid goodbye to her friends. The day had finally ended. Her teaparty was a success, but this time, she didn't invite Jennette. She heard from the maids that she didn't feel well, although she doesn't believe that, she just sighed and said whatever.

Lucas told her off alot after she did that. Saying it's dangerous to be with Jennette for such a time, like Blackie. Athanasia just shrugged at Lucas as she chuckled at how worried the warlock was.

But what Jennette was doing for the past few days were concerning her. She saw that the head maid of the Ruby Palace had a wound on her head, most likely that she was thrown something hard. And then at night, she can hear a faint throwing sounds of breaking glasses. And whenever she visit the maids or Jennette, the servants seemed to be paled.

'If Jennette's two-faced, then she's most likely to do that.' Athanasia thought, as she continued reading a language book. It was a language she didn't learn her last life, that is why, she's learning it now. "Hmm.. I'm worried."

"About what now?" Athanasia suddenly heard Lucas' voice as she turned around and saw Lucas, looking at her while sitting at a chair near her room's balcony. She heard Lucas laugh as she just scoffed at him. "Your shock face still amuses me."

"Why do you always sneak up on me?" Athanasia can't help but ask, but Lucas just gave her a ‘Are-you-serious?’ look. "Yes, i am."

"I don't though." Lucas said, as Athanasia just tilted her head, furrowing her eyebrows more. Lucas chuckled as he continued. "I always call you when i'm near you, do you know that? It's just that, you're always spacing out and can't hear me well sometimes." he explained.

Athanasia's mouth gaped in shock as she looked at him. "I do that?"

"Alot."

"And you didn't tell me?"

"Ye— What's making you worry though?" Lucas cutted himself off, as he gave her an confused and worried expression.

Athanasia smiled and shaked her head, "It's nothing, Lucas. It's just a dream."

".. If you say so." Lucas hesitantly said as he looked away and softly sighed. He then, casted a magic that lulls a lullaby as he tucked Athanasia in her bed and put all her books away. "Go to sleep now. I don't even know why you read books when you're already smart."

Athanasia just giggled as she closed her eyes as she listened to the lullaby. It was soft. But it still bothers her. So she decided to visit the Ruby Palace.

"Where's Jennette?" Athanasia questioned the head maid without looking at her. It wasn't clean anymore, and it looked like more paintings were broken. 'Jennette..' "I said where is my sister?"

"S-she's not feeling well, Your Highness." the head maid stuttered as all of them lowered their heads at her.

Athanasia sighed as she proceeded to go to the garden of the said palace. It was annoying her, and the pain in her head as soon as she entered the palace was not helping it. "Prepare tea to the garden at once." she ordered in a stern voice. "And call Jennette. She's a royal, but she's still in bed."

"H-her highness are not feeling—"

"If she's not feeling well then how could she break alot of things in this palace?" Athanasia cutted the head maid off as she glared at her. For a moment, all of the servants remembered Claude from her. "That's an order. Do it at once."

Athanasia walked through the garden, as she reminisced alot of things. It was her childhood home, and her first life's home. It held such memories. So seeing the palace at poor condition, just irritates the princess so much that she's one click to lividness.

Athanasia sat down at a seat as the maids prepared tea and biscuits for her and Jennette. She drank seven cups of tea already when Jennette arrived. Her face was blank and anger. Athanasia was confused and can't help but be wary of Jennette at the moment.

"Why are treating the maids badly, Jennette?" Athanasia asked directly as she gave Jennette a stoic look. Jennette was unresponsive though, as she just kept staring at Athanasia. "The maids did nothing but good to you. Nonetheless you did—"

"Stop looking down on me." Athanasia heard Jennette mumbled as she just gave her a confused look. It confused her on why Jennette said that. No, more like, she was confused on why Jennette was acting weird.

"Wh-What? What the hell is wrong with you? I wasn—" Athanasia was cutted off by Jennette once again. Her head throb, as she heard Jennette speak the same words all over again.

"Stop looking down on me!"

Last thing she saw was, Jennette being covered by a black mist as her eyes turned red. As the pain engulfed her body, and her breathing went abnormal, all she could think about was..

'Papa..'