ao. nine

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Chapter Nine

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

❝ Playdate I ❞

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

Athanasia was shocked to the core.

It all happened when Claude came back from war. And of course, he came home victor. So the first thing he did was visit Athanasia and hugged her. And that concluded for more than five hours. Athanasia didn't even realized that her father fell asleep!

Then, Felix, who thought Athanasian was lonely, decided to convince her father to have someone to play with her. Athanasia was against that thought somehow, but surprisingly, Claude agreed. Seeing Athanasia all alone in the palace, he can't help but to agree at his Crimson Blood Knight. Even though he hated the thought of two children at the palace because children are loud, and Athanasia was the only exception to that.

Much to Athanasia's thoughts and opinion, Felix suddenly brought a young warlock from the (fake) black tower. It's a tower for all experienced and highly skilled magicians. Oh by the way, that young warlock was Lucas. That Lucas who're as tall as her dad with silky black hair and red ruby eyes.

And thus, Athanasia was shocked to the core. Just imagine her looking at him with an open mouth and empty eyes as she looked at him. Claude and Felix were confused at her expression too. Lucas just smiled.

'Lu-lucas?! He's not here to eat Raven right?!' Athanasia looked at him with anger and confusion as she just stared at him. Lucas, chuckled at the princess' expression. I mean, who wouldn't. She just looked like a kid who are pouting because didn't get what she wanted.

"This is Lucas, your majesty. He's a a great magician at young age, and i also think that he's fit to be the princess' playmate." Felix smiled as Claude scanned Lucas. Claude had a weird, but kinda good, feeling about Lucas. He didn't know if it's good or not but he seemed to be worthy of Athanasia's playmate than what that Roger Alpheus is saying.

"I heard that the princess will have a playmate, your majesty. It's only a suggestion but what if my war—"

"Get out of my audience chamber at once, Alpheus." Claude commanded as the duke bowed and bid farewells. Claude knew what he was going to say, and that is to have his ward, his ex-fiacée's daughter, to be his daughter's playmate. Claude smirked inwardly as he stared at the huge door. "Such thing won't happen. I will never let my little Athanasia get near that thing."

Athanasia stared at Lucas in silence. After that conversation between Felix and her papa, they left them alone with snacks at Athanasia's playroom. She didn't even knew it existed, although there's just few toys around. It was probably built this year round.

"So you aren't Aeternitas' daughter." Lucas said, biting a piece of brownies before looking back at Athanasia. "I slept way longer than i thought."

"Haven't i have told you, Sir Lucas? Aeternitas is not my dad, he's dead. Claude is." Athanasia motonously replied as she stared at the empty space. 'Why is he my playmate? He's far from being a playmate, let alone a child!'

Lucas chuckled for a moment as he sighed. "Did something happened? His name isn't even for an emperor. But his mana is impressive though."

"Is that an insult?" Athanasia grumbled as she glared at Lucas. Claude is the emperor, but to become the emperor, he had to kill his brother. The tyrant ruler of Obelia. Even if the name Claude isn't for an emperor, Athanasia's father is a competent one. Well, except on her first life, that is. I mean, killing her with false accusations, being a bad father.. The list goes on and on.

'That is one glare..' Lucas silently whistled as he smiled at the princess. "Of course not! By the way, ask the maids to bring more brownies when they come back."

"You are not obligated to just order me around."

"Says who?"

"Me."

The two childs? (there is a question mark, because clewrly, these two aren't children) stared at each other until tears fell off their eyes. It was a stupid thing to do, but their pride couldn't let anyone of them beat each other. Athanasia lost though, so Lucas is laughing the hell out of him right now. And let's just say, Athanasia is pissed off.

•——————•°•✿•°•——————•

Bonus Scene:

Athy, Lucas, Jennette and Ijekiel were together. It was a miracle seeing Lucas and Ijekiel getting along with each other, considering they both liked the princess. Jennette, on the other hand, were just oblivious to Athy's misery since it's been months since she last saw her sister. Athy was happy to see Jennette too, ever since she left with her father, the former tyrant emperor.

Oh, by the way. They magically just got together. And they are also in Korea, which is Athy's second life (or some imaginary life that she thought she had before reincarnating or just simply moving timelines, i really don't get it, i'm just a narrator) home. And Lucas was not the one who transported them here. Nonetheless, they were attracting attention due to their clothes. Gowns, elegant suit and a dress for a magician.

"What the [bleep]!?" oh yes, that was Athy by the way.