ath. seven

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Chapter Seven

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

❝ A New Friend ❞

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

Claude stared at the piece of paper, full of information about Countess Rosalia, his ex-fiancée's little sister. It was full known that her niece is staying at the Alpheus Manor, due to being their distant relativities. Although, Claude didn't really believe that Alpheus accepted such brat like Jennette, because of how silent he was at Diana's coronation and Athanasia's birth. Usually, he's the one to bark.

He softly sighed, as he caressed his temples. Firstly, he had to strip Rosalia out of her title. Claude already consulted Felix, and Felix said it won't be a problem. Seeing the Countess being sickly and all, there was also a rumor of her being a gambling addict. And was also associated with the black magicians.

'Genetics are really something...' Claude thought, as he dropped the paper. He closed his eyes for a moment, and there, an image of Diana and Athanasia playing together entered his mind. Truly, even when he's on his lowest, just thinking of his wife and daughter makes him the happiest.

'Right.. Firstly, i have to get rid of that bitch's sister, Rosalia.' Claude thought, crumpling the piece of paper that are in his table. Just the thought of his ex-fiancée and older brother, stark naked in the same bed, makes him sick. 'And then i'll have to get rid of their offspring brat..' Claude blink once more, as his expression turned ice cold. 'Seriously, even after death, you're still fucking annoying.'

"Your Majesty, Princess Athanasia's here!" Felix exclaimed, as he knocked three times. Hearing Athanasia's name, Claude immediately replied to Felix to come in.

And there, Athanasia entered with a smile, her hair braided into two and her dress filled with blue-flowered designs. Giggling, Athanasia immediately went for his lap, and sat down. Felix only entered silently, and smiled at him, making Claude suspicious. Seeing as his daughter are also carrying a pieces of paper.

"Papa! You know, Athanasia drew something today." said Athanasia with a smile. Looking up, Athanasia can see the curiosity and the smile in Claude's face. "Look! It's you and me."

"Is that so?" Claude chuckled in a teasing manner, as he took the second paper. There, his sight... darkened. "Athanasia..."

"Ahh! No, Papa! I wasn't—"

"No, no." Claude softly muttered, as he smiled at Athanasia. Felix, who're behind them, sweatdropped. Because the reason why Claude's giving off, a dark aura, was because of— "Who is this stupid black-haired man beside you?" 'Lucas, you imbecile—!'

Athanasia pouted as little tears shed on her eyes. Claude was taken aback, as he tried furrowed his eyebrows. "Papa.. Lucas isn't stupid!"

"Uh, what?" Claude gave a dumbfounded look, as he furrowed his eyebrows more. Normally, Athanasia would've laughed or chuckle at that kind of question. But now.. Seeing Athanasia acting like that. 'Wait, no—'

"Lucas is nice! And he's not stupid! He helped Athanasia feed Blackie and wash him, and hide him at the shed near your palace..." Athanasia exclaimed, as the last part became indistinct. Realization hit Athanasia, as she rambled on about Lucas.

Claude arched an eyebrow, and so did Felix. "Who's Blackie?" he asked. When Athanasia didn't answer for awhile, he glanced at Felix who also looked confused. 'Blackie.. She must've meant that mutt.' "Is it a pet?"

"Huh? Oh, yes..." Athanasia replied in a low voice. Scared of her father's reply, she didn't look at him.

"Is that so?" Claude mumbled, he then, picked up Athanasia and carried her as they exited his office. Stopping at his tracks, Claude turned to Felix and said, "Finish those, Felix."

Hesitantly, Felix bowed his head. "Yes, Your Majesty." Truly, he's concerned of what Claude will do at the said pet. 'His Majesty doesn't hate animals, but..'

A moment after, the two of them finally reached the Emerald Palace. Athanasia was hesitant, because truly, she doesn't know what would Claude react. Because the moment she mentioned Lucas, Claude's expression gradually darkened and she noticed it. That's why she's worried.

Reaching the playroom, Athanasia pushed the door, and there the two of them saw little Lucas. When Lucas turned around, Claude immediately gave him a glare. And Lucas just gave him a mocking look. And it remained for a moment that really made Athanasia uncomfortable.

"Greetings to Your Majesty—"

"So you're that new rookie magician that the Black Tower brought in?" Claude immediately cutted of Lucas, as the thought of hearing his voice pissing him off. 'Have a piece of rationality, Claude.. Your daughter's watching.' "You must be talented."

"I thank His Majesty's compliment." Lucas bowed, as Athanasia just widely smiled. Seeing her father appreciate Lucas' presence makes her happy.

Claude turned to Athanasia, who's looking at him with literal sparkles in her eyes. He chuckled, placing her down and patting her head. "Alright now, i accept him as your playmate."

"Eh?! Really, Papa?!" Athanasia exclaimed, as her mochi cheeks got bigger due to the wide smile she's having. 'I knew it.' Claude thought, as he glanced at Lucas, who secretly raised a peace sign. Lucas chuckled inwardly, as Claude nod his head when his gazed focused on Athanasia. "So we can keep Blackie too?"

'Really..' "Don't push your luck, little lady." Claude said, making Athanasia cutely pout her lips. Servants whose seen the scene, squealed inside there heads as Athanasia's face became gloomy. "But, i'll think about it."

"Did you hear that, Lucas?! Papa said he'll think about it!" Athanasia exclaimed, as she held Lucas' hands. Claude didn't like the idea of Athanasia's skinship with Lucas, but he didn't hate it either.

Lucas giggled as he nodded, going along with the princess' antics. "Yes, i'm happy for you, Princess." he said in a low voice. Athanasia squealed in happiness once again, as Claude just watched her jump around Lucas.

'Seriously, may it be her first or second life.. The two of them always ended up being friends.' Claude thought, a small smile crept up his face. 'Although, i'm glad that Athanasia have a new friend... Even though he's actually a really old man.'