at. seven

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Chapter Seven

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

❝ I've Always Wanted a Sister ❞

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

"Greetings to your majesty, the sun of Obelia. This Jennette de Alger Obelia. Your daughter with my sister, Penelope Judith." the Countess stated, as Jennette showed her jeweled blue eyes. Nobles gasped as reaction, as Claude just kept a stern expression. He wasn't pleased one bit.

'How dare they introduce that—' Claude's thoughts was interrupted. Not by the aristocrats below them, but his daughter, Athanasia. And believe me, he had this shocked expression.

"This is a shocking news. And a gift indeed." Athanasia said, while having her confident smile at her face. While Jennette kept a smilling face, Athanasia knew that she's irritated. "I've always wanted a sister."

She paused for a moment as everyone stared at her, and the two brunettes lowered their heads. "As the crown princess and our father's daughter, i will handle this matter personally. I'm sure my sister knows how busy father is, right?"

"Y-yes, your highness." There, Athanasia heard Jennette's voice once again. It was quite.. irritating.

"Hmm, well then. I will assign some of my maids to fetch you and move you to your palace immediately. I can't let my sister live in some manor now. You're a princess." Athanasia said as she smiled at Jennette. Then, she turned to Claude. "Can we go now, Papa?"

Claude stared at Athanasia for a moment as he smiled and raised his hands. "Yes, let's go."

"Hmm!" Athanasia giggled as she took Claude's hands. The two left the ballroom, with their red-haired knight behind them. Making everyone in the room befuddled.

"A new princess?"
"This is quite a news now.."
"Really, i thought Princess Athanasia would react really badly but she handled the matter well!"
"She even warmly welcomed her!"
"What a ‘lovely princess’  that we have!"

'What a lovely princess that we have?! This was supposed to be my night!' Jennette secretly gritted her teeth as Rosalia smiled at her, which made Jennette calmed a bit. "A-aunt.."

"Don't worry, Jennette. That princess may have handled the matters well, but surely, i think you'll do better in the future." Countess Rosalia whispered in a soothing voice as a knight approached them, taking the two to where they're supposed to stay.

On the other hand, there was Claude and Athanasia. In an awkward silence, that Felix can't stand. And so he took ten steps back.

"He's not your sister." Claude stated without looking at Athanasia. "I never did that with that wench."

Athanasia turned to Claude and smiled. "I know that, Papa."

"Then why did you do that?" he asked as Athanasia looked away from Claude. Claude was confused. He didn't get why Athanasia did it. 'Do i not know my daughter that well?'

"It's because.. I'm curious about her." Athanasia replied as it taken aback Claude, and Felix who are listening at the background. "Plus, people might think that Papa is really bad because he didn't even pressed matters at her. I'm worried about Papa's reputation and image."

'Even though i know you just tortured a noble that tried to assasinate me with magic while he was on the imperial grounds. I am also sure that Papa's self-aware of his image..' Athanasia thought as a flashback of the noble blasting some kind of curse towards her.

Good thing that Lucas was beside her that time. And when Claude found out, he immediately threw the guy in the dungeons. Lucas was the one who told Athanasia what happened next.

".. You don't have to worry about such things." Claude finally commented after a moment of awkward silence. 'I am already self-aware that i have a cruel image towards the nobility.' Claude thought as he silently sighed while remembering what happened at an aristocratic meeting with him, weeks ago.

'His Majesty are self-aware.' Felix thought, while having a flashback of his own. With the same thing that Claude was remembering. The threats, the glares and the.. Yes, alot have happened at a noble's meeting. It was torturous for Felix.

"Hmm.. So can i handle her, Papa?" Athanasia asked as Claude just nodded, which made Athanasia smile. "Thank you, Papa! Can we have tea tomorrow?"

".. No. I have to rest my feet."

"Oh.." Athanasia mumbled, as her dignity ascended to the heavens. 'Do Papa have to remind me of that?' Athanasia pouted. 'Good thing no one asked me to dance.'