at. nine

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Chapter Nine

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

❝ Teaparty I ❞

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

As of the moment, Jennette and Athanasia are having dinner. Face to face, alone at the palace. Although, Athanasia's having her usual lovely smile, she was internally disgusted at the thought of having dinner with her two-faced sis— no..— her two-faced cousin. The same as Jennette too.

"Since Papa didn't allow me to go outside the palace, i was thinking of having a party at my palace. And i wanted to invite you personally." Athanasia said as she ate her food elegantly.

Maids who watched her can't help but tear a little on how their little princess have grown. And it chuckle Athanasia a little bit. But Jennette just secretly scoffed.

'No matter, she's still have the blood of a commoner. She's still below me.' Jennette thought, eating her food at the same time as her sister. It was quite the awkward silence, and it took awhile for Jennette to answer. ".. If sister wanted me to attend her teaparty, then i would gladly attend." Jennette replied with her sugar-coated voice.

Athanasia giggled as she smiled at Jennette. "Really? That's great then. One of my maids will come pick you up tomorrow. Be on time, alright?"

"Y-yes.." Jennette stuttered.

The two sisters continued eating as all their plate emptied. Athanasia bid her goodbyes at Jennette as Jennette just simply nodded at her. Which disgust her again. 'She acts so elegantly, when she knew that she'll never be like me.' Athanasia thought, heading onto her bed with her two favorite maids that gives her chocolate when she was a toddler. Ces and Hannah.

"Must you invite her, princess?" Hannah asked the princess she's serving with an unexplainable expression. "She doesn't deserve it!"

"Hannah!" Ces exclaimed as she glared at Hannah, which made the other maid pout.

Although, Athanasia just giggled at her maid's remarks. She was having fun seeing everyone hate Jennette. "Jennette's the new princess, so i should atleast guide her at being a proper one." Athanasia stated with a smile. The two maids furrowed their eyebrows as Athanasia continued. "That doesn't mean that i'm also fond of her.." 'Since her identity all alone is already a suspicion. Somehow, everytime i'm near her, it drains me.'

Days have passed and her rose garden were full of ladies. They were all guest of Athanasia, who initially invited her to their homes, but rejected due to Claude. Athanasia gave a soft smile to everyone as she sat down in her chair.

"I thank everyone who came today." she said, with her soft smile and bright face. Everyone awed as they closely watched the princess. "I'm Athanasia de Alger Obelia, it's nice meeting you all."

Everyone who saw it just squealed in silence as they smiled at the princess. But unbeknownst to their knowledge, Athanasia was nervous. It's her first teaparty, with someone whom she knew were Jennette's friend in her first life. The only few people she've interacted in her age was Jennette, and maybe Helena. Lucas isn't included because Athanasia knew Lucas' really old. Older than Aeternitas.

Speaking of Lucas...

"I had to leave for awhile." Lucas informed Athanasia as he sat down beside her in the soft sofa. Athanasia faced him as she noticed Lucas' serious expression. "I'm leaving to find the World Tree. Well, i already knew where it is, i just have to travel to the place."

Athanasia furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and shock. "What? Why?" she remained calm, even though it was obvious on her expression that she was not ready to have Lucas without in her call's reach. It was an odd feeling..

Lucas noticed the princess' tensed expression, and patted Athanasia's head. "Don't worry. It won't take long. If i leave now, then i'll be back here in no time."

"Right.. Right now?" Athanasia mumbled as her expression got even more sadder. And it made Lucas guilty, for a bit. "Why do you need to go to the World Tree?"

"The tree bears fruit once every 500 years, and the fruit can replenish all of my lost mana." Lucas explained. "And no, don't even think of saying that you'll let me eat your Blackie because i know how you loved that mutt." Lucas added, grimacing at the thought of the two together. Clearly, he's not getting jealous on a mere bundle of mana, is he? Well, unfortunately, he is jealous.

".. Will you be really back soon?" Athanasia asked as Lucas smiled at her and nodded. "Then take alot of fruits okay? Your mana should be back when you're back. Then you'll be greater than as of the moment, and then teach me magic!"

Lucas laughed at the princess' remarks as he nodded once again. "I will.. Be safe, alright?" 'If anyone did try to kill her.. The protection spells that i and her father placed on her will be activated and then they'll be shredded to pieces..' "Eat healthy foods, and not chocolate. Try having strawberry cake once in a while. And also—"

"Lucas, i have Lily!" Athanasia giggled as Lucas reminded her of a parent whose going away for a while. Athanasia softly smiled at Lucas. "Be safe too, Lucas. If you get injured, i'll laugh at you."

"Jeez.."

Athanasia felt lonely, but then she remembered that her dad was with her. So that's why, she's not sad anymore. Although, she do miss Lucas. But he had things to do, and she had things to do. It's inevitable that they'll part ways one day. 'I still miss his presence though..'

After a few talks, here and there, Athanasia noticed that Jennette was late. She silently sighed as she pouted, her face having the complete expression of disappointment. Well, it's all fake since Athanasia was happy that Jennette didn't come.

"Princess.." Helena called as she noticed the expression on Athanasia's face. "Is there something that displeased you, somehow?" she asked as she sat near the princess. And as of the moment, all the attention of the ladies have been focused to the princess, whose face have the expression of disappointment.

Athanasia turned to Helena and nodded. "Don't worry, Helena. Nothing displeased me." she reassured with a soft smile that plastered her face. "I was just disappointed that sister didn't come.. And i even personally invited her." Athanasia added, as her tone lowered. Faltering due to sadness. But of course, it's all fake.

All of them gasped as Helena patted Athanasia shoulders. Moments later, Jennette finally arrived. Athanasia won't lie that Jennette's dress fit her very well, but it just made her flinch. The two of them have the very similar design in their dress. And it made Athanasia grimaced as Jennette introduced herself.

"Sorry that i'm late. I've had troubles on deciding what to wear to the teaparty. I'm Jennette de Alger Obelia."

'Really..' Athanasia thought as she brightly smile at Jennette. 'That smile of yours are making me annoyed..'