ath. six

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Chapter Six

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

❝ A Lot of Time Passed, Huh ❞

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

Claude chuckled, seeing Athanasia in the fields of various flowers, plucking each of them softly as she made him a flower crown. It was truly a lovely sight for Claude.

"Papa, lapliea's pretty right?" Athanasia held it infront of his face, as she looked at him, as if she wanted Claude to smell it. Claude neared the flower and sniffed it, as the scent of lapliea's lingered in his nostrils. "They smell good too, right?"

"They do." Claude answered, as he softly smiled at Athanasia. As the child was content with her father's reaction, Claude turned to the flower crowns Athanasia were finishing. "That's for me, right?"

"Hmm! This special flower crown is for Papa." Athanasia started rambling, as she then, pointed the other flower crowns. "Those are for Lily, Hannah and Ces. And that one's for Felix. And the last one's for Lu—" Athanasia stopped as she covered her mouth, glancing at Claude with a nervous expression.

Of course, Claude knows who that ‘Lu’ is. Because the very same man was also the one who literally 'turned back time'. Well, actually, his future self. The current one's still in the lacking of mana. Even though he became the Royal Magician.

".. What do you mean, remember?"  Claude repeated, as he glared at Lucas. It was confusing as to why, Athanasia would remember.

Lucas, who're being glared at, turned to Claude with a serious expression. His form was his original form, gone the teenage one. "As i've told you, manipulating time as to, returning back to time's will break the universal rules of time. There could be backlash, as to doing so. Maybe not you, but Athanasia directly."

"I get that.." Claude said, sighing at Lucas' answer. 'How many times did i hear it from him today?' Claude thought. "I'm asking, what memories? Do you mean her memories in this life?"

"... Possibly, the one's she had before this timeline."

Claude looked at Lucas for a moment, as he finally asked the question he'd been wanting to ask. "Why are you going through lengths of breaking the universal rules for my daughter?"

"Huh?" Lucas turned to Claude. At first, Lucas thought he was joking but as soon as he met his eyes, he knew he was serious. "It's because i love her. So that's why.. If i don't have the memories of this time, in your i don't know, third life?" Lucas asked himself, as he nodded at his self-question. "Let me be her playmate once again, alright? And then give me my blessings 'cause i'll marry her!"

Claude inwardly sighed at the memory, as he turned to look at Athanasia. She was still making his special flower crown. 'That Lucas.. So i'm guessing that he remembers.' Claude thought. 'He was suppose to meet Athanasia much later, but here he goes, introducing himself to my little baby. That fucking old—'

"Papa! It's finished!" Athanasia exclaimed with a huge grin. Claude turned his gaze at the flower crown. Truly, it was really special. "Wear it!"

Claude lowered his head, as if he was being put on a crown in an coronation. "Please do so, Your Majesty." Claude said in a joking manner, as Athanasia chuckled. He then, felt the flower crown in his head. "Thank you."

"Hehe. You are now, Emperor Claude de Alger Obelia! Obelia's Sun, and Athanasia's Papa!" Athanasia giggled, placing her little five year old hands at her mochi cheeks. Claude chuckled as he simply nodded at her remarks. "You look really pretty, Papa."

"Hmm, thank you." Claude hummed as patted Athanasia's head softly. Athanasia was finally five years old, the age where they originally met in his other life. 'Truly..'

A lot of time passed, huh?