ao. thirteen

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Chapter Thirteen

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

❝ Lucas, The Warlock ❞

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

"Hnng.." Athanasia groaned for a moment as she opened her eyes. Somehow, her eyes and body felt more heavy than usual. 'Was i asleep for too long? I feel exhaust- oh, i'm not feeling anymore pain now.' Athanasia smiled as she looked around. 'It's daytime. I wonder where Papa is.'

"Oh, you're finally awake." a deep voice of a man suddenly rang at Athanasia's head as she noticed black hair at her side. "Your father almost killed everyone back then, you know."

Athanasia looked at Lucas and tilted her head. "Why're you here, sir Lucas?" She was really confused. Considering how she smack the guy and insult him. She doesn't even know if they're friends or just mere acquaintances.

"Checking in on you." Lucas who were blushing, shrugged as he closed his eyes.

Athanasia gazed at him for a moment as she smiled. "Thank you, sir Lucas."

"J-just Lucas.."

"Thank you, Lucas." Athanasia's smiled even wider, as if the bright sun was Athanasia, making Lucas blink for a moment.

Lucas finally gave in and looked away, covering his lips and cheeks to avoid Athanasia seeing them. "Y-yes. Why are you even thanking me? Did you know what i did?"

"You healed me, right?" Athanasia replied as she looked at the door. Claude came in with Felix and Lilian, worried looks in their faces as usual. Athanasia looked at Lucas, only to become in a seven year old body once again. "Papa!"

"Athanasia..!" Claude immediately ran over to her bed, hugging his daughter. He was worried and he'll confidently admit that. And he's sure Felix is at his back, had this soft expression and thinking 'His majesty knows how to express his emotions now.' like a father. "I'm glad you're awake."

"Hmm! I want to eat chocolate." Athanasia giggled as she hugged her father back. She missed her father, even though she just saw him days ago. "I wanna go out today."

"Ah, princess.. You still can't." Lilian answered as she neared Athanasia and hugged her after Claude released her. "Hmm, princess.. We were all worried.. You were asleep for forty-one days and-"

"What?" Athanasia blurted out as she looked at Lily with confused face. 'Forty.. Forty-one?!' "I'm asleep for a month?!"

Hours later, Athanasia still can't believe it. Sleeping for a month. Is that the reason why she felt exhausted even when she slept deeply? Probably. Could she believe she was asleep for a month? Not at all.

"Stop staring at the ceiling like that. So what that you slept for a month?" Lucas said in a casual voice, making Athanasia look at him. Glaring. And Lucas just backed away as his lips thinned. 'I'm going to bet that this involve chocolates.'

"I could've ate more than fifty chocolate cakes at that time, Lucas. Chocolates!"

'And i was right..' Lucas thought as he looked at his princess flatly. "Wow.. You really love chocolates huh."

"Why? You have any problems with it?" Athanasia sassily retorted as she smiled. Of course, in Lucas' eyes, it looked terrifying. He have never seen this side of princess.

Lucas turned away as he mumbled, "Nope. I have no problems with it," 'She's kinda terrifying sometimes.'

"Okay!" Athanasia exclaimed, making Lucas sighed in relief. 'I wonder what happened while i was asleep though.. I'm pretty sure what happened to me was a mana explosion.' And by that, she got worried. Athanasia looked at Lucas as she exclaimed, "What happened to Blackie?!"

Lucas looked at Athanasia for a moment as he sighed. 'She's worried about that mutt that almost killed her?' "Blackie's fine. Your dad wouldn't kill that mutt, considering that he's your holy beast."

"Oh.." she softly mumbled as she looked at the ground. "Then that means, I can't really spend time with Blackie much, huh?"

'Does she like that mutt so much?' Lucas thought as he looked at Athanasia. "Don't be so gloomy about it, i'll take care of it for you. Plus, i'm Lucas, what's there to worried about?" Lucas replied which made Athanasia giggle. 'It's good to see her smile..' "Although, your spending hours with him is decreased."

"Oh, i'm fine with that! I'm just glad to spend time with Blackie!" Athanasia exclaimed as she smiled brightly at the warlock.

'Right.. I don't want this little princess to be sad.' Lucas thought as he smiled back.