ath. four

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Chapter Four

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

❝ Athanasia's First Birthday ❞

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

Claude smiled as he looked around the Emerald Palace, the palace where Athanasia was supposed to reside, and smiled. The ballroom was perfect, and the decorations was fit for Athanasia's likes..Although, Lily and Felix just softly sighed as they saw the 'real' gold decorations.

"Where's Athanasia, Lilian York?" Claude called and asked, without turning to Lily. Claude had been away for too long, that he was worried Athanasia might cry without him by her side.

Lily bowed her head, as she answered. "She's with Hannah and Ces, Your Majesty."

Claude thought for a moment. 'Ces and Hannah?' He remained unresponsive for a moment, as his mouth agaped and simply nodded. 'Those two were Athanasia's trusted maids back then..' He then turned around and walked away. "You two, come with me. You two will be tasting the food and desserts."

"Uh?" Lilian tilted her head, confused as to why they have to come. And it was Felix who answered her question, who leaned towards her and whispered.

"His Majesty can't eat sweet things." Lilian nodded at Felix's answer and started walking behind the emperor with the knight.

Claude was quick to arrive at the kitchen. And everything was to upt to his taste. Everything was delicious. And then there was the desserts. He squinted his eyes as he stepped back and pushed Felix and Lilian at the desserts showed to them.

"Taste them and pick the most tasteful ones." Claude ordered, as he slightly jolted at the thought of eating one of the sweets. "Do it now."

As the two obliged, Claude stayed back and watched the two taste the desserts. And thus, the day ended in a good term. Claude stepped in the bedroom, and immediately walked towards Athanasia's crib. She was asleep. Claude smiled as he stared at Athanasia.

"You're so cute.." Claude chuckled as he picked up the sleeping baby, and brought her with him to his bed and laid her beside his laying body. He was so careful not to awake the sleeping baby. "Athanasia.."

Claude smiled. But he soon sighed, as he remember the pain in his ass back then. 'That stupid kingdom...' Claude groaned, massaging his temples as he reminisced the stress that it given him. 'I only wanted to be with my daughter.. Why the hell does problems pop out?' he complained in his mind. Soon after, he fell asleep.

He woke up, having to be suffocated. Claude thought, 'How does she move around alot in her sleep?' Pertaining to Athanasia who're on his head. Her whole little body at his face. Claude softly sighed, but as soon as he tried to move Athanasia, a foot kicked his face. And another one, and another one.

"Athana— Stop that." Claude ordered, as he tried to move Athanasia. Athanasia, who seemed to be awake, didn't even budge. He looked at his daughter, and softly sighed. 'Are you serious?' he thought. "Athanasia.. Today's your first birthday... Everyone prepared great desserts at the ballroom. And chocolates."

As if the little baby understood him, Athanasia rolled over to the side and smiled widely. Claude chuckled, pinching Athanasia's chubby mochi cheeks. It was too squishy, that he finally got why his nanny, Felix's mother, always pinch his cheeks. His mother and..

"Hmm, let's get up, Athanasia." Claude got up, gently carrying Athanasia. He held her at his other arms, as he pulled the rope for the bell to call the servants. Originally, there was no such things in his palace, but when Athanasia was born, Felix insisted to have maids at his palace. "This is troublesome.." 'I can do it alone..'

Maids immediately entered the room, as Claude gently handed to the head maid, Lilian. As soon as they took Athanasia away to bathe her and feed her, it was Claude turn to shower himself.

Awhile later, Lilian gently handed Athanasia towards him. Claude smiled, as he stared at the clothes Athanasia was wearing. It was a clothing from siodonna, matching the clothes that he was wearing. Claude chuckled as he was sure that Diana was giggling in delight, as she looked at the two of them.

"You and Her Highness looked great with matching clothes, Your Majesty." Felix complimented with a smile as Claude just chuckled. Definitely, Felix felt like a proud friend whenever he sees Claude smilling because of Athanasia.

Claude, then turned to Felix and tilted his head. "How about you? When are you going to get married?" he asked in an innocent tone. Even in his first life, Felix didn't get married even though he's popular with the ladies. "You don't expect yourself to be single forever, don't you?"

"Y-your Majesty!" Felix stuttered, as he hid his flustered face at his childhood friend. When he heard Claude chuckling, Felix only grumbled in response.

"How about you start—"

"Please.. Let's just go, Your Majesty." Felix said in a low voice, his face still flustered. Because Felix already knew who Claude was going to mention.

Claude chuckled as they walked towards the Emerald Palace's ballroom. As soon as Claude opened the door, bright light covered them and the servants' voice can be heard.

"Happy birthday, Princess!" everyone exclaimed in sync, as Claude carrying Athanasia and Felix behind him entered. As if on cue, everyone clapped at the two of them as they saw the two.

"Waah~! The two of them are matching!"
"Princess Athanasia's so cute~!"
"Lady Diana would burst in tears if she saw this!"

Chatters, here and there can be heard as Claude walked Athanasia at the center, where a miniature throne can be found. Claude gently seated Athanasia in there, as Lilian brought out a humongous chocolate cake.

Athanasia's hands clapped, as she was softly giggling at the sight. And of course, everyone awed at the sight. Including Claude.

'Such a cute daughter of mine..' Claude chuckled, as he placed a soft kiss at Athanasia's forehead. Athanasia giggled even more, as Claude's laughter can be heard by anyone.

"Happy first birthday, Athanasia."

Truly, her first birthday's a success. And it'll continue to do so until she grew old. 'Because i won't let anyone get near you, and kill you like that, Athanasia.'