at. eleven

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Chapter Eleven

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

❝ Glares and Daggers ❞

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

"Papa." Athanasia called her father, who were focused on his paperworks. Athanasia was bored and Lucas wasn't present at the moment, so she decided to head at his office. "Can we invite Jennette for dinner?"

"No." Claude immediately answered, without looking at Athanasia. 'Why the hell does she want that brat to have dinner with the two of us?' Claude thought as he grimaced at the sight of Jennette in his mind. 

Athanasia arched her eyebrow as she looked at Claude. 'That was fast.' "Why not? Let's just not pay attention to her." she said with a bright smile. "Let's show her that her existence doesn't matter to us."

Claude paused at Athanasia's preposition as he stared at her with shock. He was shock alright. It's his daughter, Athanasia, that we're talking about. Athanasia who were always kind and gentle, always think what others would feel before she acts. Athanasia, the lovable genius Crown Princess of Obelia.

He didn't know that there was this side of Athanasia. That's why, he's shock.

And Athanasia was scared of Claude's reaction. 'What if he hates me?' But her negative thoughts flew away when she heard Claude chuckle in amusement. Sometimes, there are first in everything. And this chuckle is a first. So it totally made Athanasia looked at Claude with a blank stare for a second, and then regained her composture.

"I didn't know you had this side of you, Athanasia.." Claude trailed off as he smiled at his daughter. "Sure, let's do that. If it makes you happy." Claude added as it made Athanasia smile in delight and clasped her hands.

"I'll tell my maid to give her an invitation." Athanasia ran off towards the door. She stopped running for a moment and looked at Claude with her soft smile. "Thank you, Papa! I love you!" she then, continued to run.

Claude, on the other hand, was shock once again. 'Athanasia never have told me that..' But surely, it made Claude's day.

Then so, Athanasia did give Jennette an invitation. And it made Jennette's day. Surely, the emperor won't ask her for dinner if he didn't took interest in her. That is why she chose her most elegant and suited for a dinner, dress. It was a gift from her Aunt Roselia.

When Jennette arrived at the Garnet Palace's dining room, the two imperial members are already eating. They deeply engrossed in a conversation, that even when Jennette spoke up, they didn't stop. So Jennette just sat down and started eating.

She didn't knew why, but her steak was really hard to cut to. And when she tasted it, there was this weird flavors that disgusted her. And what's more is that, the water she was given was too sweet that it didn't help her mouth. Jennette wanted to point it out, that's why she did.

"The steak is too salty. It tasted too disgusting." Jennette spoke up, looking directly to Claude. But instead of a look of concern, all she receive was a glare. And it made her scared. Athanasia's enjoying it though.

"What do you mean salty?" Claude spoke up as he glared daggers at Jennette. His jewel blue eyes shone as he was surrounded by dark aura. "The chefs in my palace here are top class in the continent. Never had i received food from them that is disgusting to my taste." Claude stated, as all the chefs who were peeking to see Jennette were shocked and appreciated the things Claude have said.

But there's an explanation to Jennette's meal. And that is, Athanasia have told chefs beforehand to make Jennette's food really bad but the appearance appetizing. Of course, they'll obliged in no complains because they'll do it in a heartbeat after knowing who Jennette is. So they did, and it was a success.

'Good thing Papa doesn't know that i told the chefs to make it bad.' Athanasia thought as her face remained poker. Although, she really do enjoy how Jennette was trembling in fear as her father told her off. It was quite a sight, a scene she didn't expect to happen. 'She reminds me of myself back when i talked to Papa before i was executed.'

Jennette went silent as she continued eating her food. She was embarassed, that she couldn't even look up. The food that disgust her, she was forced to eat it all without wasting a bite. And it made Athanasia chuckle, that Jennette clearly saw.

On her way back at the Ruby Palace, all she did was plan on how to get rid of Athanasia. 'That brat! She must've manipulated father to say that!' Jennette thought. She had enough.

When she got in her room, all she did was thrash everything in her sight. She was unstoppable that the maids can't even stop her. And the head maid, who were sent by Athanasia personally to spy on Jennette, was wounded because of the hairpin Jennette threw at her way.

Finally, the black mist had the opportunity to possess Jennette's mind. It made Jennette's head throb at first, as her sight darken. All she saw were the taunting stares of the servants. But in reality, they were looking at Jennette in concern. Even though they hated her, they're concerned on what happened to her.

‘Can't you see? They're looking down on you.

'They're not!' Jennette thought as she gripped her head.

‘They think you're a failure. The crown princess thinks you're a joke. Everyone thinks that you're a joke. A person who bombarded the princess' debutanté.the voice repeated in a mocking tone.

When Jennette got enough of the pain in her head, she let go and fainted. And all her last thoughts in her mind was..

'Kill Athanasia.'