ath. sixteen

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

Chapter Sixteen

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

  ❝  Death and Birthday ❞

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

Months have passed, and Jennette wasn't introduced as Claude's daughter and it made Athanasia confused. Jennette even befriended her! But she couldn't refute the girl because Jennette didn't even introduced herself as Margarita but Patterson. Athanasia later found out that she was adopted by a nobleman.

"Weird..." she mumbled. She placed her elbows at the surface of her marble railings in the balcony as she laid her cheeks are her palms. "What happened?"

In all honesty, Athanasia was confused. She went back in time, she gets images of her and Jennette being happy together in a place where the sea is near or in the palace, she met her other self and her father loved her. Claude even went and crowned Diana, a mere commoner, as a Queen!

If Athanasia could think of the backlash if her mother was still alive would be, her mother would be assassinated. It's not that Athanasia is happy that her mother had died, but it's true that she'll die if she continued being Queen. Without a strong background, or atleast a backer, she was definitely a prey towards all predator of nobles out there.

"Could it have been that Dad took advantage of Mom's pregnancy?" Athanasia mumbled to herself as she softly dropped her head at the marble surface. "Papa's so unpredictable, I can't understand him..."

"Bless you, sire," said Felix when he heard Claude sneeze. Felix tilted his head and analyze if Claude was sick, but he can't find anything that indicates 'sick'. If anything, it was irritation.

And he knew full well the reason. Today was the Former Emperor's death anniversary. The day Claude and him thought he was dead. But no, he's walking with his own two feet with completely different identity. Felix couldn't believe it either until he confirmed when he saw Viscount Patterson.

"Felix, where is Athanasia?" Claude asked as he stood up to his seat. Felix only replied with a sigh as he just pushed Claude away to the office and said one thing.

"Just see Princess Athanasia, Your Majesty."

And by that, Felix slammed the door right at Claude's face. One is not even privileged enough to even hold his hands, but Felix only pushed him and slammed the door right to his face. Claude only sighed as he headed at the Emerald Palace.

There, he can see Athanasia leaning at the railings with a lot of things in her head. Her hair was dancing with the gust of wind, and was conversing with someone in the balcony. It was probably Lilian York or Lucas.

Claude stared at Athanasia for a moment. It was just like a week ago when she was in his arms. Time pass by so easily that Claude felt so nostalgic and lonely. A time where his daughter, Athanasia, marry someone and leave the palace will come.

"Diana..." Claude suddenly muttered his dead wife's name. When he finally remembered he's in the middle of the path, he immediately went inside the Emerald Palace and call for the maids to prepare Athanasia for tea. It wasn't that special yet, Claude wanted it to last.

"Papa!" Athanasia exclaimed with great excitement. Her smile was cheek to cheek, and Claude can't help but to form a small smile to his face too, in which Athanasia didn't fail to notice. "What's the occasion? I thought you're busy today."