"Two?"

When I wake up I'm sitting on auggie while he leans into the couch still watching SpongeBob. "How long was I asleep?" He jolts and I swear if he was anyone else he would've screamed but instead he just lets out a lot of air.

"Jesus Christ love. Scared the shi....crap outta me." I chuckle at that and look up expectedly. "Oh uh, it's only been about three hours." I nod before the time actually sets in.

What?! Three hours? I begin to shuffle off his lap but he pulls me back. "Just wait." My brows knit together and slowly lean back into him.

His arms are still wrapped around my waist so I put my hands over top of his and trace his tattoos. "Why do I have to wait here?" He groans softly. "Because you move a lot when you sleep and I forgot and now I'm hard as rock."

My cheeks go up in flames and I stop tracing his tattoos. "I was hoping it would go away but evidentially having you slam back down on me in fact, did not help at all." He sighs before saying, "Please get up." And I do. As softly and as....least sexy as possible.

"I'm not sure what that was but having your cute butt in my face for way longer than it should've been was....fun." I quickly jump forward when I feel his hand lightly tap my thigh shocking me at the same time.

He laughs and I smile softly. "Sorry, I didn't mean to shock you." I start to speak but stop when the doorbell rings.

I look back at him excited before going to answer the door. No one is there but there is now a slightly-larger-than-medium sized box on the 'go away' mat.

I pick it up expecting it to be heavy and almost fall back from the momentum I used. "What is this? It's not heavy." He chuckles. "I'd be a little concerned if it was." I give him a look of confusion before setting it on the couch and running to get scissors.

"You better not run when you find them!" I quickly freeze before walking back to the couch while he gives me a look before shaking his head.

I hand the scissors to him so he can open the box. I've never been good with opening boxes. I either cut myself with scissors by going too fast or somehow get a cardboard cut.

He gets it open and hands me the first box. "Two?" He nods before leaning back and watching me.

When I get it open I squeal. "We just talked about this! Like two weeks ago!" He smirks at me and I quickly slide them all the way out of the box and pull them on.

"You still have a second box sweets." I let out a short puff of air before grabbing the second box.

This time I fully scream and he flinches back. I quickly adjust my volume to a whisper. "Sorry, but thank you so much!" I take off the first pair and put on the second before throwing my feet in front of his face.

"Look!" He smirks at me while moving my legs down onto his lap. "Why are you still whispering?" I can barely see him because of how hard I'm smiling as I say, "Because I don't trust myself to not yell again."

He nods. "So I take it you like them?" I nod frantically at him. He got me two pairs of crocs. The first pair is white with gummy bear charms scattered everywhere and the second pair is a pretty Cinderella blue but they are platforms.

No charms but still just as lovely.
-
I'm woken up by my phone going off repeatedly. I don't usually leave my ringer on overnight but I guess I forgot to turn it off. I softly groan and look over at auggie.

"You gonna answer that or are we both just going to ignore it?" I pout and turn back over to grab my phone.

I see several missed texts and calls from my mom and Isabel. I wanna say I'm surprised by her texting me but I'm not. Maybe nine months ago I would've been but now it's expected.

I look at my Isabel's texts first.

"Oh my god." My head snaps to auggie and he looks semi shocked. "What?" I hand him my phone and he looks through the texts. "So....what?" I shrug and start to look at my mom's texts before a call from her interrupts me.

I hesitate to answer but ultimately decide to. Before I can even get out a proper hello she starts yelling. "Why haven't you been answering?! Isabel has been in labor for four hours now!" I pull the phone away and put it on speaker.

"If she's the one in labor then why is your mom screaming?" My jaw drops and I look over at him before whisper yelling. "Why would you say that?!"

We have a mini staring contest before my mom starts speaking again. "She's been asking for you to be here. We've been trying to get ahold of you all morning." I sigh. "Why does she want me there? You may have forgotten mom but she told me I would never see her child. That I would have nothing to do with it in fact."

I hear my mom groan. "Baby, you know she didn't mean that." I glance over at auggie just in time to see him roll his eyes and lay back down. "Mom I'm almost positive she meant it. Just like she meant everything mean she's ever said to me."

"Can you- Can you just get here? She's a mess and Aaron is still on his way since he got caught up with work." My brows furrow. "I don't really want to momma. I wish her the best and I hope that everything goes okay but it's seven in the morning and I was actually sleeping pretty good so,"

I pause when august drapes his hand over my lap. "S-so I'm gonna go but I strongly hope you'll tell me how it went." I quickly say I love you before hanging up and throwing myself onto auggie.

Five minutes later he softly says, "Sooner or later you gotta speak to me. Tell me what's goin on that pretty little head." I let out a short sigh and sit up.

"I just don't understand why all the sudden she's switching up. She's been consistent for 22 years, why is she choosing now to be nice?" He sits up with me as well.

"It would be one thing if she was only mean to me until like my teen years and then switched up. That I could understand because like, you're growing and your mind changes about things but we're both adults now. She's about to be 25 for goodness sakes. Why now?" He nods.

"Can I share an opinion?" I nod. "I will always welcome your opinions with open arms auggie." He gives me a quick half smile before saying, "Honestly I don't have an opinion because I don't know her that well. Only from your stories," I smile at him.

Then what?

"Personally from what I'm hearing I don't think it's a manipulative thing like I know you think it is. I think she's just-" He stops himself and my brows knit together and my head tilts.

"Actually now that I'm thinking about it, it might be. You said the father of her child is someone she hated from your friend group?" I nod. "Not "friend group" though. He was my only friend. Sure I had school friends but they were just that. They didn't hang out with me after school like he did."

He nods. "Okay so yea it might be her just trying to rub it in. I really don't know. I think you might actually have to ask her." I groan and thrash around a bit.

"I don't want to though! What if she says yes?!" I finish with a pout and he laughs before pulling me closer to him. "Why don't we go get some food, maybe some pastries from that café and watch bones, hmm?" My pout never leaves while I nod at him.

"You think you'll like that?" I nod again. "How about we go to the plant nursery and maybe even the pet store?" I give him a confused look. "Why? You don't like the pet store."

He nods at me while taking a breath. "Yes but you want a....whatever the fish is that starts with an R is and I know you want more plants so today we are gonna get a fish or two, some plants, your favorite pastries and some food."

My pout gets deeper as tears start to fill my eyes. "Woah woah woah. Why are you about to cry?" My lip starts to wobble as tears begin to stream down my cheeks. "Y-you are-are my best f-friend."

He softly chuckles while bringing me into a hug. "I'm your only friend buttercup." I push him away while crying harder.

"Go take a shower and gets dressed. I'm gonna do the same." I nod at him while going back to my room.