Sleepy

Bella's POV

2 am.

It was 2 am when my phone rang with multiple missed calls.

2:07 am.

It was 2:07 am when I was pulling grey joggers up to my bellybutton and rummaging through my drawers for my yellow crop top.

2:22 am.

It was 2:22 am when I was pulling on a black zip up hoodie, grabbing my keys and running to my car.

2:57 am.

It was 2:57 am when I was running up the stairs to floor 3 and being stopped by multiple doctors.

"Bell! Thank god. The head nurse said this was your patient. He's been in the corner for hours. We don't know what to do and we aren't his doctors. We don't know what happened or what's causing this" I tried to listen to what he was saying but all I could hear was crying, yelling and popping and I knew exactly what was going on. Even if I didn't know him that well I knew exactly what caused this.

I switched into nurse mode. Apparently they could see it because they stopped talking and looked at me in awe. "Get her off this floor. Now." One doctor nodded and ran off towards the yelling nurse. The other 2 doctors just watched as I slowly made my way to his door. I softly pushed it open and assessed the situation. Just as they said he was sitting in the corner in a ball, hands covering his ears and tears slipping passed his eyes. I stopped moving when he looked up at me. I listened for any sounds and could only hear him.

Good. She's off the floor.

"Hi august" I took a step forward. He scooted back. I slowly raised my hands. "I'm here to help. I'm not going to hurt you. I promise." I knew these words meant nothing to him but it helped me to know that he at least heard them.
-
It took until 4:42 am for him to calm down enough to go to sleep and I know they said we couldn't get too close to him when he was asleep but I just couldn't help myself. So I was here. Sitting in a chair next to his bed. Watching him sleep.

August's POV

I woke up at 12:02 pm. I began to remember everything from last night. Crying. Hiding. Having multiple panic attacks. Miss Quinn watching me all night. Helping me calm down. Staying until I slept. I rolled over and sighed.

And apparently staying all night.

She was sitting in a chair with her face in the crook of her arms. She looks adorable. I reached out toward her to wake her up but immediately pulled back. I couldn't touch her. She's so fragile. I chose to shout her name instead. "Miss Quinn!" She didn't move. I said it a couple more times.

Nothing.

"Arabella" She shuffled. She's waking up. With her eyes still closed she looked up. Her face scrunched up in confusion so I spoke up. "Arabella." She softly whimpered. I cocked my head. "Bella?" She whimpered again. "Quinn." Her eyes popped open and she looked around. Then she landed on me. She looked confused for a few seconds before standing up and backing away. "I'm so sorry" She apologized repeatedly and I for the life of me could not figure out why. I sat up and asked her why she was apologizing. "I wasn't supposed to fall asleep and now I'm late for work. Even though I'm already here. I'm not prepared at all. And I know I'm going to get in trouble for sleeping here. And even more trouble for sleeping in your room because they said I couldn't be near-"

Just then the door slowly opened. "Oh good you're both awake." He paused and looked at Miss Quinn. "We left you asleep because they apparently had to wake you up early this morning? Or something like that. I didn't get all the details." She nodded her head. "Anyway. Ryan said he's giving you today off and you were already scheduled to have Sunday and Monday off so you don't come back till Tuesday."

Damn. I like her as a nurse. Everyone else so far has proven to be unlikeable. She looked excited and then she looked back at me and her face changed. Then we stared at each other for a few minutes and she turned back around to the person who interrupted her rant. "Thank you Todd. I'll most likely be leaving soon to go get some real sleep" He smirked at her and she looked scared. "Not that I didn't get real sleep here! In fact all I got was sleep!! We slept." I smirked. "Separately!"
-
It's now about 4 pm and Miss Quinn is finally leaving. For the last few hours she has been talking to me and making notes. She drew for some time while I took a shower and changed. And then insisted that I let her draw me. She said she would finish it next time we hung out. We ate disgusting food from the cafeteria and she made sure the nurse from last night was no longer on this floor. Then she told me stories about all the nurses and doctors. I didn't really listen. I was too busy watching her faces as she spoke. She made ugly faces sometimes. But other times she would get so excited about a part in the story and her eyes would light up and a smile would stretch across her face. During a few embarrassing parts her face would turn slightly pink and she looked so cute. During the first story she made a few gestures but quickly learned that I couldn't do with big gestures towards my face and clasped her hands together for the rest. At one point she tried to teach me how to braid hair. She was going through it very thoroughly but again I was just watching her faces.

As she was getting ready to leave she took the braids she did out of her curly hair and put it all up into a bun on the top of her head. I'm not sure how she did that but i was amazed. She had so much hair and it didn't take her longer than 30 seconds to put it all up.