"Dont laugh!"

When I step out of the shower I take in a deep breath before looking over at my windows. Auggie must have come in and opened them. There's a nice, soft spring breeze coming through.

I take in another deep breath before smiling and looking through my closet. I pull on a simple white dress that comes a little higher than I would like and an egg shell, waist high cardigan. After looking at my shoes for a little longer than I'd like to admit I pull on my black and white converse.

Auggie steps into my room moments later and gives me a look

Auggie steps into my room moments later and gives me a look. "Ready?" I nod while smiling at him.
-
When we pull up to the plant nursery I softly wiggle in my seat. "Bella look at me." I look over at him with an excited face. "You can't get more than you can carry alright?" I pout a little and he smirks. "Maximum of six alright?"

I roll my eyes to show fake annoyance while nodding. "No no no. Say it out loud." I squint at him before raising my right hand. "I will not get more than six plants Mr. August." He chuckles in disbelief before we both get out.

Once inside I quickly grab a basket and run through to the very back. This is usually where they keep the harder to manage plants. Not that I like a challenge or even trust myself to not kill it but nine outta ten times these ones are prettier.

"No running baby." I slow down to a slight jog barely noticing that they just watered these and the floor is wet. Before I even realize my foot slips out from under me and just before my butt hits the floor there are arms under mine.

He doesn't bother whispering again since there is only one other person back here and they are two aisles away. "Will you stop running now?" I give a sheepish nod while my face heats up to a rosey red.
-
"Auggie! You choose! I can't." We've been standing in the same spot for about ten minutes. I've already found five plants but I can't choose between a gorgeous trachyandra tortilis and even more beautiful coleus bonsai rainbow dragon.

He looks at me and sighs. "Okay this one is gonna clash with the other plants and looks like it'll get big. I like this twisted thing." I look down and nod.

"Alright. I'm ready then." He makes a bread face. "Oh good. We've only been here for about forty minutes. I've been breathing in moist air for way too long bun." I giggle at that.

About twenty minutes into being here I warned auggie a little bit too late about the sprinkler system coming on right next to him. He only got a little wet and he's 98% dry now but he breathed in a lot of water.

When we get to checkout I see a super cute keychain that looks like the plant I just put down. My head snaps to auggie and he jumps back a little bit before seeing what's in my hand. "Technically it's not a plant."

He blinks a couple times before signing alright. I smile. I knew teaching him sign language would come in handy.

This isn't the first time he's used it but it's the first time someone was staring directly at us while he uses it. And I do mean directly. The lady behind the counter is staring pretty hard. Like she's trying to read my soul.

"You're pregnant." I choke on nothing but air before looking at her. "I assure you I'm not." She gives me a small head shake with a smile.

"You are. You're a little chubby in the face. More chubby than the last time you came in." I blink a few times before looking up at auggie. He looks little upset and I look back at the lady.

"I'm just chubby ma'am. I'm not with child." So glad she reminded me that my sister was having or already had her baby. I had almost forgotten. She simply shrugs her shoulders while continuing to put the plants in the little holder thing.

I don't know what it's called but it's like a cardboard box with places for the plants.

Once we get back in the car I slam my head on the wheel. "Hey don't do that." I look over at him. "She called me chonky." His head snaps to the window and I see his shoulders shake so I know he's trying not to laugh.

"Don't laugh! It's not funny!" He shakes his head at me. "No, it's not and I was upset with her as well but then you said chonky. I wasn't laughing at you. Just your words." I try and stop myself from smiling at him but it doesn't work.

"Whatever meanie." I start the car before semi yelling, "Now to the pet store!"
-
When we get in the pet store I immediately press my face to the glass that has a turtle in it. "Arabella, don't do that baby. It literally says not to." I quickly pull back and lo and behold there is a large, yellow sign that's says no tapping, knocking or pressing on the glass.

I make an oops face before making my way to the fish. "Stand here while I go get a worker please." He nods at me and I look around before finding a tall freckly boy staring at the ferrets.

"Excuse me," He jumps a little before looking down at me. I smile before saying, "I wanted to get one of the fish back there." He nods and says to follow him. I watch as he gets the necessary items to take the fish out before walking back to auggie.

He stands there examining the different fish before looking over at me. He points at a fish and I look before nodding. He makes a face before signing fat. My jaw drops and I softly chuckle.

When freckles gets up to the glass he asks which one. "The white and....reddish? ryukin fish." He nods before scooping that one out. He puts him in a clear bag before putting the clear bag in a paper bag.

"Alright so this little guy needs a tank and a heater and he'll be okay by himself but I would suggest getting him a friend so he'll be more....lively I guess." I nod before looking at august.

He looks down at both of us and then signs at me. "Go on and let him give you everything you need for him. Get him a friend too." I nod while watching his hands.

I look back at the glass and ask for the all white one. He scoops that one out and does the same thing with the bags before excusing himself. "You guys can wait at the counter. I'll grab everything." I nod and latch myself onto auggie's arm before walking to the front.