A dream

After a few more hours at the park we finally arrive back at the house. Where I have to make the scariest phone call of my life.

Okay, maybe not the scariest but it's definitely stress inducing. "Darling," I freeze and shut my eyes. "You are a full grown woman. Did you really think I couldn't see you slowly making your way up the stairs?" I nod my head with my eyes still shut.

"Cmon Bella. I'll be right here the whole time." I take a deep breath before walking back to his place in the living room.

When I get to where he's standing he immediately wraps his arm around my shoulders and I wrap both of mine around his waist. I watch as he finds Mr. Green's contact before pressing call.

I glance up at him but he's already looking at me. I take a deep breath and try to calm myself down but it all flies out of the window when I hear. "Hello?"

I stammer for a couple seconds before finally spitting out a soft, "Hi, Mr. Green." and I can practically hear the smile in his voice as he asks what he can do for me.

"Um. I was wondering if me and auggie could take a vacation." Auggie moves his hand a little so I'm not so close to the phone. "Where to?" My head snaps up to auggie and he shrugs. He is no help.

"We hadn't actually gotten the details down yet. We figured we'd ask first and then let you know." There's a couple minutes of silence and if I wasn't such a crybaby I would be fine but I can feel the burn in my nose and I know my eyes are glossy.

"Were you planning on going out of the country?" I quickly tell him yes. "Well according to his therapist he seems fine and I imagine you're fine as well since I haven't had any calls. His doctor has also given him a clean bill as of now and you are a nurse so I don't see why not."

A grin breaks out on my face and I quickly tell him that once we get the details down we'll let him know. We say our goodbyes and hang up and I quickly wrap my other arm around auggie.

"See? That wasn't so bad, huh?" I shake my head. It wasn't bad once he said yes. Everything leading up to that had my heart pounding. Pretty sure I dropped a lung trying to hold my breath.

"What do you want to do now?" I slyly smile at him while making my way to the dining room table. Not before grabbing a pen and a notebook.

"No. No." My eyebrows raise. If I didn't know any better I would say he just whined. "Just because you said soon doesn't mean we have to do it right now."

I redirect my smile towards him. "That's exactly what that means. If we put it off now, we'll just keep putting it off. Might as well get it done now." He gives me a not-so-amused look before making his way to the sear across from me.

I tilt my head at him when he reaches under the table. Shock runs across my face as he grab my ankles but a smile slowly makes it way back o to my face as he starts rubbing my calf.

"Alright," I slide the pen and notebook to him. "Write down everywhere that you've already been!" He gives me a quick glance before grabbing the pen with his right hand.

I stare at him as he thinks for a couple seconds, writes, and then repeats. There's many things about Auggie. He's a complex man. Does things that I can't even begin to explain.

And there are many things that I adore about him. Many things I find interesting. For one, how he brings the pen up to his mouth like he's going to chew it and then....doesn't. Or how he's the kind of man that any woman would dream of having.

Even now how he's writing. With his right hand. When everyone knows he's left handed. And do you know why he's writing with his right hand? Because he doesn't want to stop rubbing my leg that sits comfortably on his lap.

He's the kind of man that won't let you touch a single door. A single bag. Will barely let you buckle yourself in. And those things can definitely get annoying and slightly irritating, especially the buckle thing, but you grow to just let him be.

He's the kind of man that would switch shoes with you so you're comfy. The kind of man that will give his jacket to you and refuse to take it back even if he's turning purple. The kind of man who will drop everything just to make sure you're alright.

He's the kind of man who will switch writing hands just to keep rubbing your sore legs. The kind of man from dreams. August R. Evans is a dream.