Safe

Bella's POV

We've all been eating and talking for about 15 minutes and I can feel myself getting sicker with the time passing. Then she finally decides it's time to tell us the surprise. Although I already know what it is. She's not very good at hiding anything. Never has been. "So mom, Bella." The way she says my name leads me to believe she didn't want me here. I have a feeling it was just supposed to be them but mom invited me. "I've kinda been waiting a while to tell anyone but I guess I can't keep it a secret anymore" she pauses and my mom looks excited. "I'm pregnant!" My mom's smile drops. She looks scared. Why I don't know though. I speak up, "how far along are you?" Although I think I know the answer to that too. She has a little baby bump but not big enough to have a full grown child. "About 3 and a half months" My mom looks pale. "Why didn't you tell us sooner? We could've helped"

Isabel looks disgusted. "I don't need help. Aaron has been more than helpful since we found out." I look confused. Who is Aaron?

Wait. Aaron as in my childhood best friend? My first ever friend? Our old neighbor Aaron? I look up at her but she's already looking at me. Smirking. My mom looks scared again but this time she's looking at me. She knew. I take a deep breath and smile. "I'm so happy for you guy-" Before I can finish my sentence my phone interrupts. I quickly pull it out to stop the sound. It's not too loud but this cafe is kind of quiet. "Hello?"

My smile drops. "Danny. Slow down. What's going on? Where is he?" Danny begins to explain, "Clare tried to see him again but he got angry and then she got angry and she started throwing things and slamming doors and now all the patients on my floor are freaking out but he's worse than everyone else and a nurse told me that you know how to calm him down!" I barely know what to do but I tell him that I'll be there as soon as I can. "I'm so sorry mom, Isabel, I have to go. My attention is needed at work" I quickly get up and leave a tip, already having paid for my food before dashing out the door and to my car.
-
I pull into work and I almost don't get my car turned off before I'm running into the building. I take the elevator up to the second floor before running as fast I can in heels up the last flight of stairs. I quickly get to his door but I stop and look around. The floor is a mess. Nurses and doctors running around. Medication in hand. Patients being rolled in and out of rooms. Danny looking at me and nodding his head. I quickly push open the door and look into the room. I don't see him right away but I quickly find him and try my best to quietly walk to him. My wedges aren't loud but as of right now they are the loudest thing in the room. Echoing with each step.

I debate taking them off but realize I don't have enough time. I make my way over to him and he quickly puts his hands up. I flinch back but remember he doesn't mean to. He's not trying to hurt me. He's just scared. I know he wouldn't hurt me. He wouldn't do that. I keep telling myself these things while continuing to walk to him. "Hi auggie, It's me. Bella," I pause and say softly, "Miss Quinn? I'm gonna get closer but I need you to put your hands down. I need you to not hurt me. Can you do that for me?" He looks at me but slowly puts his arms down. I finish walking over to him and slowly wrap my arms around him while gauging his reaction.

I know he hates hugs but as of right now its the only thing I know how to do for him. I don't want a doctor to come in a stab him with a needle and put him to sleep so I squeeze tighter. "Bella! What are you doing?!" I quickly shush Danny and tell him to leave. "Go go go. Go away. I got this. I'm fine" I pause and look down at the shaking 6'4 human in my arms. "I'm safe. Please go" Danny nods at me and leaves. He softly shuts the door and i listen for his footsteps. When I no longer hear them I look back down at August. "Hey auggie. Youre safe. You're okay. I got you." I pause and think. Maybe that's not what he needs to hear.

"I'm safe."