Baby

The entire time we ate I was silent and thinking but I could feel his eyes burning holes into the top of my head. I confirmed that he was too busy looking at me when I was almost finished and looked up to ask him if he was but his food was untouched. When we made eye contact he simply gave me a hard look and I tried my best to smile at him. Though I'm sure it looked very strained and I know it wasn't as big as it usually is around him. After paying and getting back to the car he apparently decided that enough is enough because he turns the car back off and turns to me. "What is up with you? You were fine when we left. What happened bella?" His tone got softer and softer as he kept asking questions. "I'm fine auggie" He goes to open his mouth but I speak first. "but I don't think I want to go to the mall anymore. Let's just go home"

He looks taken back but begins the drive to the house anyway.
-
When we get in I head straight to the shower and he goes to the kitchen. Most likely to put away his food.

After getting out of the shower I pull on some lace grey underwear and the yellow crop top and short set.

Then I climb into bed and listen for auggie

Then I climb into bed and listen for auggie. He was getting in the shower when I got out.
-
It's been forty minutes. Forty minutes of me staring at the ceiling. Forty minutes of auggie trashing around in his covers so loudly I can hear it through my closed door. Forty minutes of both of us acting like we can sleep without the other. I look over at my clock and watch as another two minutes go by before getting up, wrapping myself in a giant, fluffy, white blanket and walking to auggie's room. I get in and softly push his door closed before climbing into his bed. He leans toward me but doesn't touch me. "Please auggie. I'm tired" His arms quickly fly around my body and shortly after we both fall asleep.
-
I'm woken up by the doorbell going off repeatedly and someone banging on the door. I look over and see that it's 8 am. They're gonna wake August. I quickly unravel myself from him and rush down the stairs. I hear him moving around and I know he's going to wake up if they don't stop. I didn't even have time to change my clothes and I just pray that it's no one important. I throw the door open and pinch the bridge of my nose and sigh. I look back up and see them try to push their way in so I step in front of the door and push it up a little. "Why are you guys here?" They both look taken back. Then my mom speaks up. "Well, as you may know Isabel is 7 months pregnant so her baby shower is this weekend. We want you there." I raise my brows and start to speak but I hear a groggy voice coming down the stairs. "Love? What are you doing?" I turn to him and smile. He looks so adorable. He keeps rubbing his eyes and I've never seen him look more soft.

"Nothing, go back to bed. I'll be upstairs in a couple minutes" He simply nods at me and turns around. I watch him for as long as I can before turning back to my mom and sister. "Isabel," Her head snaps to me. "You've never liked me. Last time we spoke you told me I would never have anything to do with your baby." My mom gave me surprised look. Whether it was surprise to what Isabel said or surprise that I'm not being a pushover I don't know but it was surprise nonetheless. She starts to look nervous before shaking it off. "No silly. I didn't say that. I want you at the baby shower" I really want to go back to bed. More importantly I want to go back to auggie. So I do something I wish I hadn't.