Too soon

August's POV

I got up from the bed and fixed the covers. She tried so hard to stay awake. We were up for about 16 minutes before she fell asleep. I begin to walk out of her room but I stop at the door and look back. She moves her body onto its side and snuggles into a pillow.

Cute

I quickly make my way into my room. I look at the edge of my bed. We both sat there hours ago doing things that no one would be proud of. I don't know why I allowed myself to do that to her. Or why I allowed her to keep doing it. I should've stopped it. It's too soon.

I change into black shorts and a t shirt before setting an alarm. She told me to wake her up so she could visit sunshine. Unfortunately I have to go with her. She's not allowed to leave me alone. One of the many downsides of this situation.

For her.
-
My alarm goes off at 11 am and I swiftly stop it with my eyes still closed. If it weren't for bella asking me to set it I would turn it off and go straight back to sleep.

I quickly change into black jeans, a black hoodie and I pull my white and black converse on before going into her room. I accidentally left her door open last night and it's still open so I just walk in.

When I get about two steps in I stop myself then walk back to the door. I yell her name and watch her squirm. I lean up against the door frame and smirk. This isn't going to be easy. "Bella! Time to wake up!" Her eyes shoot open and she looks over at me. Or maybe it is. As soon as she sees me her lids come down half way. "Sorry but you asked me to wake you" She gets up and walks to her closet. She looks back at me and then picks out the black, button up crop top and bow short set.

"Bella!" I quickly turn around

"Bella!" I quickly turn around. She just started taking her top off and I know for a fact that she doesn't have a bra on. "What?" I can tell she's still tired. Looks like I'll be driving. I should probably make this easy on her. "Uh, nothing. I'll be downstairs." I sneak a glance at her and see she stopped taking it off. "I'll drive" and with that I take off down the steps.
-
After about 10 minutes she comes downstairs in the set and the strappy, black espadrilles.

She still looks dead asleep but with makeup on

She still looks dead asleep but with makeup on. She walks over to me and hands me her car keys. I watch her try to walk with her eyes closed and almost run into a wall so I scoop her into my arms before she can do so. I quickly pull her into bridal position and walk to the car. I put her in the front seat and buckle her in before leaning her seat back. She leans down and turns on her side.

I jog over to the drivers side and start the drive to the home. When we get close I see a coffee shop and quickly pull in. She needs to wake up. I order a hot chocolate and a Carmel iced coffee. The lady at the window tries to flirt with me as I hand her the money but when she walks away to get our drinks I wake bella up. "Hey I got you some coffee" With her eyes half lidded she asks what's kind. "Carmel iced" Just then the window opens back up. She squeals. "Iced coffee!" I laugh and look back at the window. She hands me my drinks before slamming the door shut.

Well damn lady.
-
We pull into the parking lot and get out. I'm saving my hot chocolate which will definitely be cold chocolate when we get back to the house. However she takes her drink with her. I get out and lock the doors and look forward. Aww, she waited for me. I can tell she's excited but she still looks tired. Her eyes hold joy but her body shows fatigue. I'm not sure why she's so tired today.

When we get to the door I watch as she perks up and holds her head and shoulders higher. Then she slaps a bright smile on her face and walks in. Hmm. How many times has she done that? I walk in and catch up to her.
-
For the next 15 minutes I walk behind her as she says hi to all of her former patients and the nurses and doctors she sees.

Everything had been going fine. No one said anything to me, Bella looked like she was getting a little less tired as time went on and she was almost done. We all know good things can't last but I know we were both hoping this wouldn't happen. "Arabella Quinn!" She looks at me and scrunches her face up. I smirk and turn around. Bella walks in front of me and smiles. "Hi Clare"

Clare walks up to us and smiles at me. I let my smirk drop into a frown. I look down at Bella and she already looks uncomfortable. She brings her coffee to her chest and holds it there. "I knew it was only a matter of time before you got fired but I didn't think I'd ever see you with him" I give her a confused look. Who told her Bella got fired?

"I wasn't fired Clare. I got a promotion. I-"

I cut her off before she can reveal that it's part of her job to live with me. "Bella, can we go home now? I'm kind of tired" She looks up at me concerned. "Oh my gosh! Why didn't you tell me earlier? I'm so sorry, yes we can" I grab her hand and walk towards the door. On the way I see Clare giving us a shocked and annoyed look.

When we get out to the car she pulls me down into a hug. Then she whispers, "Thank you" I smile and hug her back.

You're welcome