Longing

Unfortunately we slept longer than we intended to but we both saw that coming. Fortunately it was only by a couple hours so we still have time to get something to eat and maybe walk around a little. If that's what we choose to do.

"Are we going to dinner or are we getting what they consider fast food?" He puts air quotes around fast food and i softly giggle but he brings up a good point. What even is fast food here?

"Maybe we can find a grocery somewhere and get some stuff to make when we dont want to leave." He nods at me before putting his outfit from the airport back on and i quickly do the same. Plus a hoodie since he doesn't want me to get cold at any point.

"You ready?" I nod my head at him and he grabs my hand before leading me to the car.
-
By the time we finish at the grocery three hours have passed. I dont want to say it was my fault but it kind of was and auggie will be more than happy to tell you it was. "How are you going to say you weren't responsible for that when it was you who had to stop and look at everything?"

I softly roll my eyes while continuing my walk to the kitchen. "Because im not responsible." I turn to him just in time to see him give me a look. "But you are. Oh my goodness look at this! Look at that!" He begins mocking me and i look at him with a blank face.

"I dont sound like that and you are very mean to me." He smiles at me before helping me with the groceries. "Where even is this supposed to go?"

I look back at what he's holding just to see him holding nothing. Confusion takes over my face but he still just looks at me with empty hands. "Um...." He cocks his head and i rack my brain over the "joke" I've apparently missed.

"You were too late. I found a place for it when you were putting something else away." My mouth slightly hangs open because it took me less than two seconds to turn around and look at him. And usually when you ask someone something and then find a solution for your problem you say "never mind". So where was the never mind?

I zone back in to see him giving me a half smile so i softly smile back before turning back to what i was doing.

Twenty minutes later and I've just finished drying off after my shower. I quickly pull on a black, two piece, dinosaur set that leaves a lot of my stomach exposed.

I also choose to pull on some fuzzy socks so im nice and warm before headin back down to where auggie should be

"So what exactly did you want to eat?" I simply shrug my shoulders because i really dont know. I think im hungry but honestly i would be fine with some juice or tea.

"Well you havent eaten anything since breakfast and i kinda want you to eat." I give him a soft smile while thinking to myself.

If he could hear himself it would make him laugh. He just wants me to eat but if i were to say the same thing then he would fight me on it.