Decorations

When we finally get home around three pm it's safe to say we are both exhausted.

"No no no. Stand up love. You said you wanted to make a whole day of this." I pout as he relays my words back to me.

"Buy the decorations, put them up, cuddle and watch Christmas movies with and I quote your favorite boys." I make a slightly annoyed face.

His good memory is annoying sometimes.

"Okay fine. At least let me get my shoes off." I decide on not changing just yet because chances are I'll take a shower afterwards.

"Do you not want to put the stuff outside first? That way we can just stay in for the rest of the day." I think for half a second before nodding and sliding my left shoe back on.

We grab all the lights and the little plastic candy canes/little white trees and make our way back outside where auggie shovels a little path for me on the porch.

I start stringing up lights around the pillars as he wraps the bushes and then we both put the little trees and candy canes in the ground.

He of course does the top half of the porch so I can't even dream of reaching.

By the time we're done with the outside it's gotten considerably darker but it doesn't matter. The light is bouncing off the snow and our lights are plugged in.

"Oh auggie

"Oh auggie. It looks wonderful." He wraps his arms around me and says, "Yes it does. Now let's get you inside. Your nose is turning red."

I lightly touch my nose and sure enough it's freezing. At least it's not running. I'd hate to be sick on his birthday.

I bring a small little pile of snow in for the boys to see and as soon as I set it in a bowl Luci immediately starts licking it.

"I mean....I guess it's just water." Me and auggie watch with confusion as he continues to lick it and Perry simply looks from afar. "I don't think Perry likes it." Auggie shakes his head. "No, I don't think he does."

I continue to watch as auggie walks away.

"Bella," I look over at him. "I can't start without you baby. And I wouldn't even know where to start." I smile before grabbing the lights he has in his hands.

I put them down on the couch and instead grab the garland, walking up the stairs and starting to wrap it around the banister.

He grabs a string of lights and begins wrapping them in the same manner and then plugs them in when he gets to the top.