As you wish

When we reach the room I smile as I see the 'do not disturb' sign on the door. Put there by me yesterday because I wanted nothing touched.

"So sweetheart. Tell me. What do you have planned?" My smile never leaves as he asks me the same question he's been asking me for hours. Only this time I can tell him.

"Dinner. Your favorite. Dessert which I think you'll love. Presents and then....another present." His brows raise and he tries to step closer but I take a step back.

"No no no. Did you not hear the four other things I said before that?"

"I heard them. Don't particularly care about them right now. You should've kept that last bit a secret."

A chuckle slips passed my lips before I'm walking to the kitchen. I stare at him from the kitchen before sliding my gloves off my arms.

"Don't do that."

"Hm?"

"Don't look at me while you slide things off your body if you want to eat."

I smile and hold in my laugh as I get everything out that I need to cook.
-
Forty minutes later I'm sliding my gloves back on and bringing the plates to the table. I walk back into the kitchen and grab the sparkling juice since neither of us drink and two wine glasses.

I set his down in front of him before filling it halfway and sliding into the seat across from him.

"I think I can make out most of this but what is it?"

"That's obviously steak. Ehm, heart shaped ravioli because I saw it and couldn't resist, uh that's stuffed lobster tail, and seared ahi."

He nods and picks his fork up before picking up a piece of ravioli. "Oh! Also asparagus!" He smiles and nods. "Yes, I could see that."

I grin at him before filling my cup and taking a small sip.

"I'm," I glance up at him and see him staring. "I'm so in awe of you." My brows furrow and I will him to go on.

"You are simply everything to me and so extremely considerate. I simply love everything about you." As much as I appreciate what he just said I can't understand what brought it on.

"I'm sure you've been planning this for a while and you've probably had this idea of getting a hotel room instead of going out since this first moment and I just....you're amazing."

"I know you honey. I know how you are. From when you wake up I know how you are and how you're feeling. I know how easy it is for your....you know. I know how easy it is for it to change you day so I thought this would be good."

He smiles as I dance over the words. The letters really.

"You can say it love. I know I have it and so do you. It's nothing new."

"Your PTSD."

He nods.

He takes a slice of his steak and brings it to his mouth before stopping. "You have no idea how much I want to move passed this dinner."

My cheeks get warmer as he continues. "How much I want to take you right now on this table. I know I kind of hustled you out of the door earlier and I forgot to say but you look gorgeous."

"Breathtakingly gorgeous."

The warmth never leaves my face but it does spread further onto my body. "I picked it out with your interests in mind....As for the other thing you mentioned all in due time augs."

As we finish up dinner with our conversation taking on many different topics I begin to slowly move everything off the table.

"And now for dessert!" He gives me a skeptical look before saying, "You know I don't really like cak-"