"sit down and relax"

After both of us took a shower and changed into comfortable clothes we decided to watch a movie. Well, he's watching a movie. I'm cooking. I won't let him into the kitchen and he's pouting about it. I'm not making anything too fancy but I've found it's easier to make a meal with people who know how to make it already. And auggie can't make baked ziti so I sent him away. I put it in the oven and set a timer then I heard the doorbell. I looked down at my clothes. Blue crop top and shorts to match.

I look over at auggie and see him in a black t-shirt and grey joggers

I look over at auggie and see him in a black t-shirt and grey joggers. "Auggie! Can you get that?" I hear him grunt and open the door. "Is Arabella Quinn here?" I look around the corner and see my mom. I make my way over and see a black zip up hoodie on the couch.

I quickly grab it and put it on. I know it's Auggie's but I need to be a little more covered than I am. I don't hear him say anything but I see him step to the side and let her in. "Hi mom" She sees me and gasps. "What are you wearing?" I simply smile at her and ignore that question. "What are you doing here?" She walks toward me and says, "you weren't answering your phone. I just wanted to stop by and see how you were doing" I furrow my brows. She never "just stopped by" when I was living by myself. "Did Isabel tell you something?" She looks shocked.

To the untrained eye.

To me, her daughter I know that she's not. Not at all shocked. "Isabel was here? She didn't tell me" Now I know that they talked. "Mom. I can only assume she told you the house was nice and that auggie was attractive so," I turn my body halfway and show her August. "This is August" Then I turn and point to the living room. "And this is our house"I smile at her and hear August snicker.

"Arabella! I don't know if it's this boy but that was very disrespectful. I'm extremely upset by these accusations" I sigh and look down. I was a bit rude. For no reason at all. I look back up at her and begin apologizing. "I'm sorry mo-" Before I can even get my whole sentence out there's another knock on the door. I hear auggie groan. I look back and nod. This is too much for both of us. I walk over and open it. "Yes?" The doctor gives me a confused look. "Are you okay?" I nod my head and let him in.

"Auggie, your doctor is here" I walk back to my mom. "Mom listen. I apologize for what I said but august's doctor is here and they have a few things to go over so it would probably be best if you came by another time" She sighs and says her goodbyes.

"So, usually I would come by earlier in the day but today was a busy day." We both nod. "I'm gonna go check on dinner" As I walk away I hear the doctor explain a few things to August.
-
After about 15 minutes the doctor leaves. "Hey, just in time. Dinner is done" He looks over at me and smiles. "It smells really good" I smile. "Hopefully you're a better cook than you are a driver" He smirks at me and my smile drops. "Hey! I'm a great driver!" He laughs at me and walks away.

Am I really that bad? No one has ever told me I'm a bad driver. Then again not a lot of people have been in my car. We sit down and I give him a full plate. He never ate a lot at sunshine but I'm going to assume it was because the food there was gross. I take a bite and close my eyes. I love cheese. I open my eyes and see him staring at me. "What?" He shakes his head. "Nothing"

After that we eat in silence. Both of us ended up getting a second plate.
-
After dinner I begin cleaning everything up and putting away the leftovers when I feel arms wrap around my waist. "Dinner was delicious" I smile and lean into him. We stand there for a couple more minutes before a yawn erupts from my mouth. This causes him to turn me around. "I thought you were staying up with me?" I nod my head. "I am" He simply shakes his head. "No. You're tired. You're gonna be out like a light as soon as we sit down and relax"

He's probably right. I'm only a little tired though. I know I can stay up with him. It won't be hard. "I can do this" He gives me a look and walks away. I watch him leave before going back to the dishes.