Yellow

When we get back to the house I intend on maybe swimming and then lazing around with auggie but it appears Isabel has other plans.

"Why is she here?" I shake my head. "I don't know." When we pulled into the driveway her car was, first of all blocking my space but it was there.

"Would it be mean if we just pull out and leave?" I sigh. "I think so." He lets out a short breath before unbuckling and getting out.

I do the same and grab a few bags before walking to the door. "Hurry. Close it." I try not to laugh and instead grin while standing in front of the door.

It drops as I see who gets out of her passenger seat. Why is he here. I slightly close the door and look back at august. "Why are you making that face?" His tone is quiet but rushed.

"He's here." Confusion takes over his face for a couple seconds before he's making an annoyed face. "I can fake an injury." I can tell he's being half serious but also just saying that to make me laugh.

"I hate you. Go go. Disappear." He gives me a worried glance before turning and making his way upstairs. I slightly smile before turning back to the door and seeing all three of them come up to the door.

I take a slow deep breath to try and prepare myself for what is probably about to be the most awkward time of my life. "Hi Isabel, what are you doing here?" She smiles.

"I was tired of waiting so I thought I would just surprise you!" Yea, some surprise. I give her a tight lipped smile and step aside so she can come in.

I softly close the door before turning around. "So, how's it been?" She gives me an exasperated look before saying, "I'm exhausted. Who knew taking care of a baby would be so hard and tiring." I try and fix my face quickly so she doesn't see the absolute bewilderment on it because I think everybody knew that having a baby was hard.

I force out a chuckle while taking my shoes off. "How have you been Bell?" I slightly flinch at the nickname before walking over to the opposite couch and sitting. "Um, I've just been here and there. Taking care of august. The usual nurse stuff." I choose to skip over the fact that I haven't really done any nursing in months.

She nods and then glances over at Aaron. "Is it just me or is there like an awkward tension?" I decide against rolling my eyes. The awkward tension is only here because you brought him.

"Well um. I was planning on making lunch would you guys like to stay for that?" I pray over and over again in my head that they say no because just like I predicted this is extremely uncomfy.

Isabel is being weird and Aaron has not taken his eyes off of me the entire time. "Sure! We were probably going to leave here and grab lunch but this is better! And I haven't had your cooking in so long." I give her a half smile while excusing myself to go speak to auggie.

"Are you as uncomfortable as you look?" I snarl at him and he smirks. "What was that?" I push him slightly before an idea pops into my head.

"Auggie, dearest." He looks at me with a slightly scared look. "You're coming with me. Since it's so funny." He quietly groans before pulling on a hoodie and following me down the stairs.

When we get back down I decide to make it a big deal by laughing and saying, "I was finally able to drag august out of his dark cave to come join us!" I end with a clap before telling him to sit on the couch while I prepare lunch.

He gives me a squinted look and I just smile at him before walking to the kitchen.

If it was awkward with me then I know it's ten times more awkward in there and I will be hearing it from auggie when the leave.

I decide on making something easy. Unwiches and cucumber boats. The unwiches have five different kinds of meat with provolone and the boats just have cream cheese and smoke salmon with bagel seasoning sprinkled on top.

About fifteen minutes later I softly yell, "Lunch is ready!" and wait at the table for them to join me. When they get in Isabel gives me a look before quietly whispering in my ear. "He doesn't talk much does he?" I resist the urge to laugh while shaking my head.

If only you knew just how much he's gonna talk when you leave.

Aaron tries to sit next to me but I think having a tall, glaring man stare you down while lifting his sleeves up deters you a bit. Can't say I'm not grateful that auggie doesn't like either of them because I don't know what I would've done if Aaron sat next to me.
-
When everyone finishes up eating Isabel tells me they have an appointment to get to and they take their leave.

"Oh my goodness." I can feel auggie staring me down as I make my way up the stairs. "Do you have something to say auggie?" He scoffs before entering his room and taking his hoodie off.

I also make a point to change out of my skirt. Not that I don't love it but why would I wear a silk skirt in the comfort of my own home?

When I turn to meet auggie in the hallway he starts sputtering. "What the! What the hell are you wearing?!" I jump and look down at my outfit. A pretty floral and yellow short and crop top set. (With underwear on) It's kinda see through but whatever.

"What do you mean?"

"What do you mean?"

His face scrunches into confusion. "You- Your nipples are out!" I look back down. So they are. Hm. "You can't do this to me! You can not do this to me." He says it calmer the second time and I'm sure my face shows only surprise.

"Please go put on a hoodie or something." I pout. A hoodie defeats the purpose of a matching set but I sigh and go grab one of his sweatshirts anyways.

He looks like he's struggling a bit.

"I don't know why you're so mean to me." I say this while grabbing the food for chili and Gerald. They've only eaten once today. "Says the woman who just forced me to have lunch with her sister and ex best friend." I pout at him.

"Shouldn't have made fun of me. Bully." He squints at me before smirking. "I can show you what a real bully is." I tilt my head. "You look kinda....I don't know but I'm gonna pass." He scrunches his nose before walking away.

After I finish feeding the boys I plop down onto the couch and let out a breath. That was exhausting. I don't need anymore human interaction for the rest of the day. "Are you tired?"

My head snaps over to auggie and I nod. He walks over to me while saying, "It's only two." I go to speak but I'm cut off by a yawn. "Oh wow. That was beautiful." I open my eyes to see him standing in front of me and I give him a sheepish look.

I didn't realize he was that close or I would've covered my mouth. "I will say you look good at this angle." I look up at him again. "What do you mean?"

He shakes his head. "Nothing. You wanna go watch movies while we wait for dinner time?" I nod and he pulls me up.
-
A few hours later and we're watching meet the Robinsons for the sixth time this month. "Okay I understand this being your comfort movie this month but seriously? We just watched this yesterday." I wave him off while singing the opening song.

"Hush auggie. It's starting." I hear him scoff and snuggle further into the blankets. "It would be so much comfier in here if this was a circle couch."

"But you told me to hush." I shush him again before laughing. "Keep it up baby." I choose to ignore him while ordering pizza.