"Because,"

When I get out of it I neatly fold it and sit it on top of the cardigan he messily tossed next to me.
-
Four hours later and we're still watching bones but I've moved to laying across the couch with august laying on top of me. He's either asleep or "resting his eyes" as he likes to say.

"How was your day love?" I jolt because I really did think he was asleep. "It was nice. Thank you for this." He smirks at me, opens his eyes, and looks up at me. "No thank you gift?" I give him a confused look and his smirk never leaves as he taps his cheek.

My face heats up but I still fold myself in half to kiss his cheek. He scrunches his nose up and looks back at the tv. "For some reason I didn't think you would do that." I shrug and accidentally say, "We've done more than a simple kiss on the cheek."

My eyes go wide and I freeze as I finish my sentence. That was not supposed to be out loud. I hear him let out a laugh in disbelief and I cover my face with my hands.

"Stop laughing. I didn't mean to say that." He laughs harder and I pout. "I'm sorry, I just....that was- I don't know but it was interesting to hear it come from you. Sounds like something I would say." I nod with my hands still on my face.

"I know you're super red right now but move your hands. You look cute when you blush." I squeeze my cheeks before letting my hands fall on top of his chest.

"Meanie." He smiles his half smile at me before looking back at the tv.

I relax further into the couch after recovering from my embarrassment. I glance around the living room before my eyes settle on chili and Gerald.

They got used to the water earlier and are now just swimming around but they look so cute. "I still can't believe you called chili fat." He snorts. "I still can't believe you named him Gerald. That's just cruel." I lightly slap his chest before telling him I'm sleepy.

He nods at me and gathers up all the trash to throw away while I walk up to what is supposed to be his room. When auggie gets upstairs he looks at me expectedly. Probably because I'm just standing in the hallway.

"How come we never sleep in my room?" He looks over into my room before looking down at me. "Because you like to let in natural light so you have no curtains and then you get upset with me because the sun is in your eyes."

I pout at him. My room looks so much better when the sunlight hits all the colors. He has black out curtains so very rarely does sunlight come into his room. Only when I force him to open the curtains.

I shrug and walk into his room to lay down. "You don't want to sleep in your room? I thought that was the whole reason you brought it up?" I shake my head while getting comfortable. "I don't want the sun in my eyes. Now get over here."

He nods before changing into shorts and a new shirt and laying down next to me. I'm not even going to try and lie and say that I didn't watch him the whole time.
-
The next week and a half consisted of the same things. Auggie and I lazing around, doctor visits, lots of tv and me ignoring my mom and Isabel's calls.

"We gotta go grocery shopping auggie!" I'm not sure where he is but I'm currently standing in the kitchen. I was going to make something for lunch but we honestly don't have much.

Mostly due to me not feeling like leaving the house.

He pops up behind me with his hands on my waist. "You wanna swim when we get back?" I turn around in his arms. "You don't like swimming though." He nods. "Yes but you do. And if I remember correctly you said I could just watch you swim."

I look away from him before nodding. "Groceries then swimming." He nods in affirmation and we both go and get dressed. "Oh also Mr. Green's visit is tomorrow so I have to sleep in my bed." He gives me a look. "That's only a problem for you baby."

I purse my lips. It's not but I'll let him have his fun. "Sure sure." He smirks before we go into our separate rooms. I look at my closet for a few minutes before pulling out jean shorts, a floral crop top, some random socks and my white crocs.

When I get it on and look in the mirror I sigh

When I get it on and look in the mirror I sigh. "I haven't dressed like this since high school." I hear footsteps and turn around. "You look cute." I smile before putting down at my feet.

He looks down and nods. "You're adorable bella." My smile grows and I grab his hand before dragging him downstairs and to the door. He just has on a black hoodie and some dark grey sweat shorts with of course, his converse.

"We look like teenagers." He chuckles. "No, you look like a teenager. I look like an adult trying to be a teenager." I giggle at that and open the door before freezing. My smile drops as I look at my mom.

"What are you doing here?" She doesn't say anything for a couple seconds. "Thought you were in trouble seeing as you haven't answered any of my calls." I sigh and look back at auggie.

"I haven't answered them because it's just you guys wanting me to be with Isabel. I don't wanna do that." She shakes her head. "Why are you making this so difficult baby? She's trying."

"To do what?" She looks around like she's looking for the words. Like they'll pop up somewhere. "Trying to be friends with you honey." I raise my brows before pulling auggie out of the house. "She's my sister. She shouldn't have to try and be my friend. She could've just been my sister and we wouldn't be going through this right now."

I finish locking the door and turn around. "We have to go grocery shopping. I love you mom." I give her a quick hug while she says it back and we all get in our respective cars.