Seeing red

'Leclerc has signed racedeal with Ferrari'
'Leclerc to replace Raikkonen at Ferrari for 2019'
'Ferrari to place a young driver in team'
'The deal everyone expected'
'Leclerc to Ferrari'

They were reading the news articles on Charles's phone while they were cuddled up together on the sofa. Max's head resting on Charles's shoulder. Today the news broke that the Monegask would make the transfer to Ferrari next year. Not soon after Charles's phone got flooded with congratulatory texts.
'I'm proud of you babe' Max said while placing a chaste kiss on his shoulder.
'Thankyou Maxy,' he said while he put his fingers under Max's chin to kiss the dutchman once more.

They lazily made out for a while before it was time to pack their suitcases for the race in Monza.

'Netflix Will be filming that weekend, don't they?' Max asked. 'Yeah , they will be with Sauber this weekend how convenient eh?' He smiled. 'You deserve the airtime Charlie, you making the transfer to Ferrari after just one year is alowed to be showed off' he winked back. 'And also that your face is made for television too' he kissed him. 'Oh really, what is so good about my face Verstappen?' Max chuckled at the way Charles was practically asking for compliments now.
'Well Lets start of with your adorable nose' he said while he kissed his nose. Charles hummed in reply. 'And those beautiful green eyes with a shimmer of gold in them, that show of your fierce passion for everything that you do and where I can get so easily lost in.' He said while placing a kiss on Charles closed eyelids, who giggled at his boyfriend's actions. 'And that cute birthmark on the left side of your nose' as he placed another kiss. 'Your soft fluffy hair, I just love to get tangled in' he said while he laced his finger's trough his brown hair. 'And ofcourse your delicious lips that I hope to kiss everyday for as long as I can' he said while placing a deep kiss on his mouth.
'Do we really have to pack right now?' Charles pouted as Max pulled away slightly. 'Yes, we do babe, before Andrea gets here and sees me' 'ugh okay your right' Charles groaned.
They packed Charles's suitcase before they kissed goodbye.' 'See you in Italy Ferarri superstar!' Max said before he went on his way to his own apartment.

Monza was a whirlwind, everyone wanted a piece of him. Also the Netflix crew was following him the entire day. He was walking through the paddock when he spotted Max and some of the other guys. Max, Daniel, Marcus, Pierre and Brandon were standing against one of the trucks. So he approached them the camera crew following suit. He made quick eye contact with Max before he turned towards Daniel who congratulated him, and then Pierre and Brandon. Before Max congratulated him. 'Congrats mate' he told him casually while shaking his hand. Very aware of the camera crew.
After that they all talked a bit more before they went on with the rest of their weekend.

They saw each other again Monday evening after the weekend in Charles's apartment in Monaco. He himself got there early since it was only a relatively short drive from Italy. Max on the other hand had to fly to Milton Keynes Sunday evening for a meeting in the factory on Monday morning before he would fly back to Monaco as well.

Charles was sitting on the lounge chair next to the big window when he heard the door being unlocked. He had given Max the key to his apartment before they left for Monza. So he made his way to the hallway and leaned against the doorframe while he watched the dutchman take of his shoes.
'Hey, mate' he grinned arms crossed over the other.
Max whipped up his head at the Monegask. 'I'm sorry?' He asked a bit worried at the way his boyfriend greeted him. When Charles noticed this he quickly surged forward and put his hands behind his neck and gave him a quick kiss. 'Mon chou, don't worry it was just a joke because of your congratulations to me when Netflix was around.' Max laughed quietly looking at his feet 'I knew that, he breathed.' 'Hey babe, what's up?' Charles asked pulling his boyfriend face up by the chin looking in his eyes. 'I'm sorry Charly, really it's nothing sometimes I just get insecure' 'but can we just leave it at that? We got something to celebrate!' He said while he retrieved a bottle of Ferrari champagne from his backpack. 'I thought we should celebrate in style after all now that it's official' he kissed the monegasque pushing him towards the living room. 'Ooh Maxy, qu'est-ce que j'ai fait pour te mériter ? je t'aime tellement!' (Ooh Maxy, what did I do to deserve you? i love you so much!) he breathed. When max went to the kitchen to get them some glasses. When he returned he opens the bottle with a pang when the cork went flying against the lamp above them. They both looked up in shock before they looked at each other and burst out laughing. When Max finished filling up their glasses he went to sit beside his boyfriend and wrapped his arm around his shoulder before he kissed him once again. 'I'm really proud of you schatje! I can't wait to be on the podium with you!' He smiled in to another kiss. 'Thankyou  babe, I'm looking forward to it to, i feel like I'm ready for this next step.' He exclaimed. Max smiled at him. And kissed him some more. Before he got Charles's glass and his own end put them on the table next to the sofa before he turned to his boyfriend again. He played with the hem of Charles's blue linnen shirt before he locked eyes with the Monegask again. 'I think I might be ready too' he smiled softly. 'For the next step I mean...' he tried to explain himself. A crimson blush creeping on his cheeks.