Truth be told

Charles was sitting with his friends in the yet waiting for it to take off towards Ibiza. After the race he flew towards Monaco for one night to pick up his friends. Where as Max had flown directly to Spain with Daniel after the race meeting his friends there.

Charles sat opposite of Pierre . The rest of their friends had fallen in to a peaceful slumber after the plane took off, given the fact it was still quite early in the morning. He was texting back and fort with Max trying to calm his nerves over what they were about to do.

'You look nervous petit calamardo ' Pierre commented. 'What's going on? The Torro Rosso driver added. 'The Monegask did not expect the question Out of the blue. 'Nothing Calamar' he said not meeting his gaze. 'I know you long enough to know that you are lying to me right now Charly' he said with a chuckle not wanting to pressure his friend to much. But it was just enough to get the Monegask to raise his head and smile at him. 'As much at I find this so incredibly annoying, I love that you are my friend calamar' he told the frenchman. 'Me too petit' he smiled. 'But now tell me, who's is making you so nervous? I saw you texting back and fort. Is it Charlotte?' He rambled on as he wiggled his eyebrows at the last part. Since Charles had broken up with his long time girlfriend Giada last year he hadn't seen his friend remotely interested in anyone anymore so he just really hoped his best friend had found love again. '

No' Charles grumbled 'we are just good friends' he sighed. 'I seeee, good friends' Pierre wiggled his eyebrows again. 'Really Pierre?' The Monegask now growled a bit annoyed. 'You couldn't be more wrong' The frenchman hadn't expected the reaction he got from his friend so he quickly apologized. Before he challenged him again. 'If it's not Charlotte, then which gorgeous girl did you manage to get?' He asked teasingly. Charles was getting more irritated by each comment his best friend made. He also was scared cause Pierre obviously only saw him with a girl. But eventually he was done with the teasing. 'It's not a girl okay!' He hissed underneath his breath not wanting to wake the others on the plane. Pierre only replied with 'okay I'm sorry, I just that there must be someone because....' Before it dawned to him. 'Oh' he just said.

Charles got visibly smaller in his chair the seconds that passed after that. Afraid that his best friend wasn't okay with him being in to men. He felt tears already welling in his eyes before he felt the Frenchman's arms wrap around him. 'Thank you petit, for telling me I mean... this must not be easy for you' he whispered to his friend. 'Your not mad at me?' He asked, his voice small. 'Ooh petit, how could I be mad at you for being you?' The Frenchman said smiling a little tear making his way down his cheek. 'Thank you calamar' before he gave his best friend another hug.

Then Pierre returned to his seat, wanting to light the mood a little again.
'But which hot male did you manage to wrap around your little finger Charlie?, I can't blame them look at your face!' He teased him again as he wiggled his eyebrow suggestively. 'Ooooh shut it calamar' he replied grinning while rolling is eyes fondly. Being used to his best friend teasing. 'Do I know him?' he wiggled his eyes again. As Charles eyes got bigger at that comment looking like he had been caught. 'Oeeh scandalous Charlie, Is it that bartender from sassy's? Or or? The guy from the bakery in Nice at the airport? Or that one mechanic?' He blabbered trying to figure out who had captured his best friends heart. As Charles didn't see any point in denying it any further as his friend would find out anyway rather sooner than later he simply replied. 'Well yes you do know him, we actually arranged this weekend to tell our closest friend together' he could hear Pierre thinking now. So it was someone on this plane? But he couldn't think of any of the guys with them who could possibly his lover. Then it dawned to him. At the last race he heard that Daniel, Max and Lando the reserve driver and next years fulltime driver of mclaren would go as well with their DJ friend Martin Garrix and some others. Pierre thought maybe it was Lando, he could be a bit fruity at times. Before his eyes widened he realisation. Piecing the puzzle pieces together of who's friend were coming along.

'Mon dieu, it's Max isn't it?' He asked softly at his friend.
Charles softly nodded not meeting his gaze again.
To be fair Pierre didn't really expect this at all? Max? Who Charles had 'hated' for a good part of their childhood? Of course as they grow older they where civil with each other? But? And he also didn't really expect Max to be... well... gay? Bi? Whatever? He seemed more like the macho type? And when did they get closer? How long was this going on? Pierre got completely lost on his own thinking.

'Calamar? I can hear you thinking from here!' He chuckled unsure trying to awake his friend from his thoughts.  'Well I must say I'm a little surprised it's Max. Given your history' he smiled at his friend. 'How long has this been going on?' He asked sincerely interested as he wouldn't have a clue. 'At Abu Dhabi almost a year officially' the Monegask smiled blushing thinking back at that time. Pierre was perplexed 'really a year?... officially?... so this has been going on for even longer?' He asked stunned. 'Well yeah' Charles rubbed his head. 'Does anybody else know?' He asked curiously. 'Just our parents and siblings' Charles replied. Before he went on to explain why they had kept their relationship secret for so long and what happend in between. Pierre was a bit disappointed that his best friend hadn't entrusted him sooner with this but he understood why they did it. He could not imagine how the sport would react if two of their protégés for the future would come out, let alone being in a relationship with the other. He was also a bit disappointed in himself. How had he not noticed where his best friend was going trough? Figuring out that he was gay, all on his own while his dad was so sick and ultimately passed away. And then also to financial pressure for him to stay in the sport and even make it into f1, let alone staying in f1. He really just wished he could have been there for him. But he assured him that Pierre shouldn't feel guilty and that he would tell him everything again from now on! They both smiled at that.

Pierre just told him he was happy for him and them when the flight attendant told through the speaker that they should prepare for landing. That Did wake up their friends as well.

Before the plane started descending Charles wrote a quick text to Max.

C: don't be mad but I told Pierre already 🙈

Max❤️:I'm not mad buthoe come? And how did he react? Are you okay love?

C:I'll tell you the full story later but he kept asking me if I had a girlfriend at Some point I got so annoyed that I accidentally slipped up. And after I told him we would tell our friends this weekend and he figured out that he knew him he practically figured it out on his own.

C: but all went well don't worry, he was sweet! And I'm okay now. I feel relieved that he now knows and is happy for me and us!

Max❤️: good! I'll text you later love. Daniel and I just picked up Martijn, Lando, Dave and Tom from the airport. We're going to unpack now in the hotel. I love you❤️.

In the meantime the yet had landed and Charles made his way through the airport. Only when they were waiting at the baggage claim Charles texted back.

C: I love you to! ❤️

Wildest dreams || Charles Leclerc x Max Verstappen (lestappen)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें