You call yourself a friend?

Charles decided as he walked in the room again to make a quite entrance and leave, as soon as he made it to the hallway he got a text from a unknown number though what it said, he immediately knew who send it.
'Having a nice evening with your friends? You know we stay in the same hotel right? ;)' those 15 words send shivers down his spine. Fuck how could he have been so uncareful?!

Max closed the glass door again as he entered the hotel room, he was looking for Martijn, he just wanted to get out of here after what happend so he looked for his friend so they could leave.

As he was searching for him he saw him talking with Sebastian and Pierre. He wanted to approach them, but then overheard their conversation, he didn't mean to eavesdrop but he couldn't believe his ears.

'I think our plan might have actually worked as they are still out there and we didn't hear any screaming' Pierre said as he obviously hadn't noticed the couple entering the room again. 'I really hope so, I can't bare to see Max, well to see them so sad' he heard Martijn agree.

Ofcourse he thought it was sweet of him that he wanted to help him feel better again. But at this moment he felt his blood boil, he already felt so confused after everything that happend with Charles and he now also felt betrayed by his best friend. Was Martijn really ever mad at Charles or was it all a game?

'And you call yourself a friend?' He mustered out angrily. 'Is that the reason why you all of a sudden wanted to visit?'

The trio had looked up in shock, not expecting Max to stand there, and more so to stand there alone. Max could only reply with 'what the fuck guys? Seriously... what the fuck!' As he spitted out the last syllable and angrily stormed out of the room. 'Max wait! Please listen!!' Martijn cried out behind him as Pierre asked. 'Where is Charles?' Max looked at him 'well I don't know? since he ran out on me' before he was out of the door.

Charles was walking though the dimly lit paddock as their hotel was closely connected to it. He needed to clear his mind and the only thing that could ever do that for him was racing, so the paddock was his closest option now. He was so mad at himself, how could he have been so un careful when he knew Mateo was staying in the same hotel, watching him.., watching them.. like a hawk. He felt sacred , what had he actually seen? the man scared him to dead but he couldn't talk about it cause that would ruin everything.

As he was nearing the corner of the Ferrari hospitality he was pulled in to a nearby ally , a hand covering his mouth. 'Ah, I thought this was were I could find you'

—-

Max was practically running down the stairs of the hotel. He waited for the elevator but as it took to long and he heard Martijn approach he was quick to opt for the stairs instead, skipping one or two steps as he was descending. 'Max, wait!, please!?' He called out for him out of breath, obviously not having the stamina of a athlete.
'Max, Max, please let me explain, it's not, it's not what it seems , with , with Charles!'

At the mention of his name Max stopped in his tracks and turned around. He wanted to know what everyone apparently knew about except for him.
'Then what is it?' Max hissed.
'Look Max- I- I can't tell you everything, Charles has to do so, it's not my place, but please talk to him! But there is a reason he did what he did!'

Max snorted at that. 'Well obviously he had 'his reasoning'' he said as he air quoted the last words.
'But he goes telling everyone except me? And I'm supposed to believe that?' Max asked still boiling with rage'
'No-no Pierre found out and Pierre called me for help, but please Max talk to him, I think you will understand!' The Dutch dj now said with tears in his eyes.

This was exactly what he was afraid of as he also told this to Pierre back then on the phone. Max felt betrayed and he understood.
'Then why don't you just tell me?' Max asked bitterly.
'Max , please because I can't, just- just talk to Charles okay?' He breathed out as a final plea.
'Well fuck off!' Max said as he walked away.

He made his way out of the hotel, in need of the fresh air. He was kicking anything he could in desperate need to release his feelings. At the moment he felt like the whole world was against him. The people he once trusted the most not on his side.

He already lost Charles and now maybe his best friend to. Why had the world it out for him like this. As he kicked some more loose objects around him he felt himself calm down a little.

Though he was mad at Martijn for not telling him, it started making a bit more sense in his head. Charles hadn't want to tell him why, now also Martijn wouldn't, it had to be connected, but what could possibly be so bad no one could tell him?

Charles felt his blood rushing, he was scared.
The man that pulled him in to the dark ally next to the Ferrari motor home was Mateo.

'Look Charles I just want to talk' the man proclaimed though Charles didn't believe him for one word.
'Talk?' Charles responded trying to keep his voice steady.
'Yeah, I think it's time we talked' he smirked.
'O-okay' the monegasque stammered unsure.

Mateo took a step forward crowding Charles's space. 'Well first, well done for getting me promoted, I knew you would find a way to make it happen' he said as he patted Charles's cheek.
'But why were you and Verstappen together tonight?' Mateo said as he grabbed Charles's face roughly from underneath his chin as he pressed him towards the wall.

'We-we were just hanging out with the others, I-I swear!' He told the Italian.
'Good, don't let me find out differently cause with one click of my finger and it will be done' the man let out a devilish laugh. 'You know maybe we can get another arrangement out of this' he started.

But suddenly they were interrupted.

'WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?!'